Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941279 times)

injest

Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2007, 01:26:47 pm »
ok, second time in two weeks I have dreamed of having my leg amputated....think my subconscious is trying to tell me to get my behind to the doctor and check out that lump??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(macabre: they gave me my foot...it was skinned and under the skin they had found a layer of fur...long fur like a bear or something... :P :P :P )

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2007, 05:39:17 pm »
ok, second time in two weeks I have dreamed of having my leg amputated....think my subconscious is trying to tell me to get my behind to the doctor and check out that lump??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(macabre: they gave me my foot...it was skinned and under the skin they had found a layer of fur...long fur like a bear or something... :P :P :P )

From dreammoods.com:

"To dream that your limbs are amputated, signifies abandoned talents and serious, permanent loss. It indicates your feelings of frustration, powerlessness and helplessness. Sometimes amputation may also represent a situation that you have been ignoring and has finally reached a crisis point. In particular, to dream that your arms are amputated, suggests that you lack motivation. Dreaming that you legs are amputated suggests that you are limited in movements and where you want to go in life."

"To see furs in your dream, represents prosperity. You are shielded from poverty. The dream may also be symbolic of your animalistic and instinctual nature."

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2007, 05:47:44 pm »
interesting!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2007, 09:45:30 pm »
From dreammoods.com:

"To dream that your limbs are amputated, signifies abandoned talents and serious, permanent loss. It indicates your feelings of frustration, powerlessness and helplessness. Sometimes amputation may also represent a situation that you have been ignoring and has finally reached a crisis point. In particular, to dream that your arms are amputated, suggests that you lack motivation. Dreaming that you legs are amputated suggests that you are limited in movements and where you want to go in life."

"To see furs in your dream, represents prosperity. You are shielded from poverty. The dream may also be symbolic of your animalistic and instinctual nature."

hmmm...well the part about frustration and loss makes sense...

but I don't see no prosperity around HERE!

well that

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2008, 02:07:39 pm »
Not sure where to put this.

This is not a dream interpretation, but of signs.  For those who believe in divination and such things.

I was reading a religious magazine a few weeks back and found this website:

http://www.gravenimagesoracle.com/

It offers a free reading so I took it.  The card reading nailed me right off.  It wasn't anything bad but just very insightful.  So after reviewing the deck, I went ahead and purchased it.

Note the theme of the deck - symbols from graveyards.

On Thurday - after I ordered the deck - a close co-worker's husband died suddenly.

The deck arrived in the mail to me, the day I came back from his funeral on the last day of the year.  At the club I went to last night to celebrate the New Year, I met a woman who worked at a funeral home.

Not that I'm nervous or anything, but the universe seems to be screaming at me right now and I don't know what if anything I can or should be doing or what to expect.   :-\

injest

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2008, 05:32:13 pm »
Not sure where to put this.

This is not a dream interpretation, but of signs.  For those who believe in divination and such things.

I was reading a religious magazine a few weeks back and found this website:

http://www.gravenimagesoracle.com/

It offers a free reading so I took it.  The card reading nailed me right off.  It wasn't anything bad but just very insightful.  So after reviewing the deck, I went ahead and purchased it.

Note the theme of the deck - symbols from graveyards.

On Thurday - after I ordered the deck - a close co-worker's husband died suddenly.

The deck arrived in the mail to me, the day I came back from his funeral on the last day of the year.  At the club I went to last night to celebrate the New Year, I met a woman who worked at a funeral home.

Not that I'm nervous or anything, but the universe seems to be screaming at me right now and I don't know what if anything I can or should be doing or what to expect.   :-\

first thing...get rid of the cards!!!

:o :o

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2008, 06:30:50 pm »
Thank you for that link... I was having some concerns over what I should do about this new-found talent I seem to have. Although now that I look at it for what it is I am beginning to see that it was a talent I always had. I had always been intrigued by the idea of story-telling. Using ideas, plot, and the power of performance to communicate genuinely human and emotionally significant themes and presence. And wanted to know if I should more actively pursue a career in soap opera writing.

Time is rather critical for soap opera writing right now, as the writers strike is beginning to make it more difficult to keep up the daily performance of such shows. But here is the response I got from the website.

Card #1: Root of the Question
Doorway (Divine #10)

The Doorway is a 'lucky break,' a possibility for advancement, the potential for partnerships, love, wealth, discovery. Unfortunately, it is easy to overlook such a doorway, seeing merely pillars instead. The warning is: Look around. You are not seeing the entranceway to something better. See beyond the obvious--stretch the mind, and more will be revealed!

Card #2: Immediate Past
Ivy (Mental #8)

The subject of the reading or the questioner is desperately clinging for survival. There is a fear of independence at work. By sinking roots in borrowed soil, others in the situation are being weakened. Ivy, while it grabs on for support, eventually destroys its host. Tiny roots can break apart even the strongest stone and mortar. Blunt honesty is required from those being so compromised. They need to stand apart from those who cling, although this should be done with compassion. If you are the one who is using others as a crutch, it's time to be brave and innovative, to risk failure, or success.

Card #3: Immediate Future
Amity (Social #1)

Amity means friendship, and it is to friends and family members that the you must now turn to for advice and guidance. Amity is a card of light; this seeking out of others can be a positive experience. Not only will you gain much needed information on your current project or situation, but it can strengthen the bond of amity by demonstrating a trust of your friend and respect for their insights. Don't hesitate to utilize those closest to you as a resource; they will feel necessary and welcomed in your life. Can also mean new contacts, friends or backers.

Card #4: Outside Forces
Haven (Social #10)

This card is a harbinger of false hopes. There is an unfounded sense of security at work here, a self delusion that has to be rectified before its too late. You may believe that the worst is over. You have weathered the storm. However, this is merely the eye of the tempest. The worst is yet to come. Do not be caught unaware lest disaster befall you.

Card #5: Hopes and Fears.
Karma (Emotion #4)

This is a card of balance and Karma. All the injustices that have plagued the situation are on the verge of rectification. Persons involved will be reaping what they have sewn, for good or ill. This can also be a card of favorable court decisions, fair settlements, and the positive resolution of other legal matters. In everyday situations, individuals finally receive their fair share of recognition, assistance, attention or praise. As balance is restored, be prepared for good things taking wing.

Graven Images Oracle Reading
Doorway (Divine 10)
Ivy (Mental 8)
Amity (Social 1)
Haven (Social 10)
Karma (Emotion 4)
Sacrifice (Emotion 11)
Card #1: Root of the Question
Doorway (Divine #10)

The Doorway is a 'lucky break,' a possibility for advancement, the potential for partnerships, love, wealth, discovery. Unfortunately, it is easy to overlook such a doorway, seeing merely pillars instead. The warning is: Look around. You are not seeing the entranceway to something better. See beyond the obvious--stretch the mind, and more will be revealed!

Card #2: Immediate Past
Ivy (Mental #8)

The subject of the reading or the questioner is desperately clinging for survival. There is a fear of independence at work. By sinking roots in borrowed soil, others in the situation are being weakened. Ivy, while it grabs on for support, eventually destroys its host. Tiny roots can break apart even the strongest stone and mortar. Blunt honesty is required from those being so compromised. They need to stand apart from those who cling, although this should be done with compassion. If you are the one who is using others as a crutch, it's time to be brave and innovative, to risk failure, or success.

Card #3: Immediate Future
Amity (Social #1)

Amity means friendship, and it is to friends and family members that the you must now turn to for advice and guidance. Amity is a card of light; this seeking out of others can be a positive experience. Not only will you gain much needed information on your current project or situation, but it can strengthen the bond of amity by demonstrating a trust of your friend and respect for their insights. Don't hesitate to utilize those closest to you as a resource; they will feel necessary and welcomed in your life. Can also mean new contacts, friends or backers.

Card #4: Outside Forces
Haven (Social #10)

This card is a harbinger of false hopes. There is an unfounded sense of security at work here, a self delusion that has to be rectified before its too late. You may believe that the worst is over. You have weathered the storm. However, this is merely the eye of the tempest. The worst is yet to come. Do not be caught unaware lest disaster befall you.

Card #5: Hopes and Fears.
Karma (Emotion #4)

This is a card of balance and Karma. All the injustices that have plagued the situation are on the verge of rectification. Persons involved will be reaping what they have sewn, for good or ill. This can also be a card of favorable court decisions, fair settlements, and the positive resolution of other legal matters. In everyday situations, individuals finally receive their fair share of recognition, assistance, attention or praise. As balance is restored, be prepared for good things taking wing.

Card #6: Final Outcome
Sacrifice (Emotion #11)

Sacrifice is a card of martyrdom. You have taken things to the extreme and are now a prisoner of your own drama. Whether you have actually given everything to 'the cause' or to others, or whether you've merely convinced yourself that you have, you are now caught in the loop of self-absorption and self-pity. Beware: better to give less with a happy heart than to give everything begrudgingly or purely out of a sense of duty. May also indicate an individual with bi-polar tendencies. Counseling (mental or spiritual) may be a necessary avenue to regain balance and perspective. In extremes, Sacrifice can be a sign of fanaticism.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2008, 11:41:12 am »
This is my first post here but I had a strange dream and thought I would see what Y'all think.
So I haven't discussed this online cause it still hurts, but last Thursday I had to put my dog down.
I had her for 15yrs. It is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I know it was best as she was old and was losing her sight, her hearing and her ability to walk among other things.
About a year ago in December, I had to have our cat put to sleep. She was my ex wifes cat that she had for 18yrs.
That was difficult but not as hard as this.
Anyway, as you can imagine I have been a bit bummed about it.
Last night I dreamed I was in my childhood home. it was summer and all the windows were opened and it was bright and sunny. I dreamed Casey, my dog, came running into the Kitchen and she brought me a Squirrell she had caught. She was al happy and healthy and spry. She was so happy witht he gift she brought me.
About the time I was getting the Squirrell off the kitchen floor, the cat walked by.
I'm assuming that it was their way of telling me everything was ok and they were happy.
Just wondered what y'all think.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2008, 06:19:22 pm »
Last night I dreamed I was in my childhood home. it was summer and all the windows were opened and it was bright and sunny. I dreamed Casey, my dog, came running into the Kitchen and she brought me a Squirrell she had caught. She was al happy and healthy and spry. She was so happy witht he gift she brought me.
About the time I was getting the Squirrell off the kitchen floor, the cat walked by.
I'm assuming that it was their way of telling me everything was ok and they were happy.
What a great dream, Lee! You are definitely moving along in the grieving process. When you dream that you are in a home or enclosure, that means that you are ready and building for something new, a new life. The details about your home show that you are ready and feeling good about this new life.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2008, 06:25:48 pm »

I think you're right. Sorry about your dog Richard....  :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/