Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 942081 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2012, 11:06:37 am »
Well, I sure had a funny one last night. It was like a scene out of a sitcom.

I dreamed I had a car, and not just any car, but a fold-up, collapsible automobile, like something you could get from the Sharper Image catalogue!  :laugh:

It folded up very nicely and had its own carrying handle.  ;D  Unfortunately, I had to keep the collapsible car hidden away in a closet because I didn't have a license plate for it.  :(

And, this wasn't just any old collapsible car. This one had been preowned--by Sylvester Stallone!  :laugh:

You know I really did have this dream because I'd never be able to make up something like this!  ;D

Is there some part of your identity you don't feel "licensed" to reveal publicly? So you fold it up and pack it away and keep it to yourself? Maybe something that could "get you somewhere" (as a car would)? Does this aspect of your identity have something to do with what Sylvester Stallone means (metaphorically) to you?

As for what SS might mean, think outside the box. Once, when I was married, I dreamed that I was in love with a guy in my creative writing class and was cheating on my then-husband. Since I wasn't particularly attracted to this guy in real life, I realized that the dream expressed my feelings about writing. I wanted to be doing creative writing (the classmate) rather than journalism (my husband, who is a journalist).

Often in my dreams, artists symbolize "Art." The artist might be, say, a musician, yet the art they represent is literary writing.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2012, 11:15:27 am »

I love that. It would really solve the parking issue, wouldn't it? 

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2012, 11:17:51 am »
Is there some part of your identity you don't feel "licensed" to reveal publicly? So you fold it up and pack it away and keep it to yourself? Maybe something that could "get you somewhere" (as a car would)? Does this aspect of your identity have something to do with what Sylvester Stallone means (metaphorically) to you?

As for what SS might mean, think outside the box. Once, when I was married, I dreamed that I was in love with a guy in my creative writing class and was cheating on my then-husband. Since I wasn't particularly attracted to this guy in real life, I realized that the dream expressed my feelings about writing. I wanted to be doing creative writing (the classmate) rather than journalism (my husband, who is a journalist).

Often in my dreams, artists symbolize "Art." The artist might be, say, a musician, yet the art they represent is literary writing.

Excellent deduction K.

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2012, 12:19:15 pm »

I love that. It would really solve the parking issue, wouldn't it? 

;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2012, 12:24:38 pm »

Lots to think about here.

Stallone might not mean anything more than that within a day or two before the dream I caught a quick glimpse of the "Rocky" statue in a local TV commercial, and the image stuck in my mind for some reason. And I recently saw the Seinfeld episode where George bought a car that formerly belonged to Jon Voight--except that it wasn't the Jon Voight. So maybe it wasn't really Sylvester Stallone's collapsible automobile.

I see I forgot to mention that the car was a very sporty model when it was un-collapsed.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2012, 12:32:25 pm »
Stallone might not mean anything more than that within a day or two before the dream I caught a quick glimpse of the "Rocky" statue in a local TV commercial, and the image stuck in my mind for some reason.

Well, that would explain why it's SS instead of someone else, but it still doesn't explain what SS represents. I think he means something, otherwise your dreaming brain might have picked Jon Voigt. I had forgotten that "Rocky" was set in Philadelphia, so maybe that's significant? Or maybe that Rocky was a fighter -- could fighting have something to do with the part of your identity you're not licensed to reveal?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2012, 01:28:55 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I sure had a funny one last night. It was like a scene out of a sitcom.

I dreamed I had a car, and not just any car, but a fold-up, collapsible automobile, like something you could get from the Sharper Image catalogue!  :laugh:

It folded up very nicely and had its own carrying handle.  ;D  Unfortunately, I had to keep the collapsible car hidden away in a closet because I didn't have a license plate for it.  :(

And, this wasn't just any old collapsible car. This one had been preowned--by Sylvester Stallone!  :laugh:

You know I really did have this dream because I'd never be able to make up something like this!  ;D
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2012, 02:17:33 pm »
Well, that would explain why it's SS instead of someone else, but it still doesn't explain what SS represents. I think he means something, otherwise your dreaming brain might have picked Jon Voigt. I had forgotten that "Rocky" was set in Philadelphia, so maybe that's significant? Or maybe that Rocky was a fighter -- could fighting have something to do with the part of your identity you're not licensed to reveal?

Or maybe I'm just afraid of having my gay card pulled for being insufficiently gay?  ;D  Who knows?  :-\

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2012, 08:41:04 pm »
Or maybe I'm just afraid of having my gay card pulled for being insufficiently gay?  ;D  Who knows?  :-\

Maybe you will be "cured" :laugh:  if that happens... Haahaha

Beautiful mind

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2012, 10:21:06 pm »
I think the car represents a "vehicle"... a way to go somewhere, and it's great to have it all ready to be assembled and packed in your closet and ready to go. So, tools to get you where you want to go are available, when you're ready. And the connection to Sylvester Stallone just means your vehicles are very strong and road worthy!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"