Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941406 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2012, 04:03:15 pm »
Okay, my second dream was less scary. I was on "the pavement" on a median between a parking garage and a highway. The highway was really a lowway, recessed below the ground surface with retaining walls on either side. I looked across and could see nice houses lining the highway about 70 ft away, with lovely shade trees and landscaped back yards. The house directly in front of me was white with columns holding up the porch roof, and large windows on the second story.

I knew I wanted to get over there and out of the baking sun, but somehow I had to get across the busy highway and over the retaining walls. How to do it? I looked down at the cars whizzing by and thought I saw a way...some kind of pedestrian bridge. I made my way over to it but got lost in the process and found myself back at the median. Time and time again I descended into the labyrinth. One or two times I got across the highway, but still I found myself back on the median just as soon as I gained the shady perimeter of the back yard. I really should have gone back into the parking garage, got in my car, and driven to where I wanted to go, but I was too stubborn.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2014, 04:23:16 pm »
Does a dream of a weddng actually signify a divorce?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2014, 05:51:14 pm »
No, that does not compute. A dream of a wedding would more likely signify a coming together of ideas, opportunities, or people.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2014, 08:57:13 pm »
No, that does not compute. A dream of a wedding would more likely signify a coming together of ideas, opportunities, or people.

That's a relief!  :laugh:

I was afraid that a wedding in a dream might be one of those things that signifies its opposite.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2014, 10:39:32 pm »
In my family we interpret our own dreams!  I love reading about dream interpretation, and I do it often, as I have a wide variety of dreams several times a night.  When one of us (family members) dreams of anything dealing with death, be it a funeral, a murder, a cemetery, whatever, that is the first sign someone - usually a family member- is pregnant.  But if the "dead dream" is followed by the "fish dream" we can be sure that a new life is coming into the world.  A few years ago my aunt dreamed that a friend had passed away.  She didn't think much of it until the next night when she dreamed she was fishing, and just "reeling them in," as she put it.  Sure enough, that next week her baby sister announced her pregnancy.  I've had the dead dream followed by the fish dream: in every instance someone came forward to tell us she is with child. 

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2014, 12:14:44 pm »
Hmmm, that's interesting, Marie. The Tibetan Buddhists believed that when people died their spirits flew around a bit and were attracted to the sound of men and women making love. The spirit had the option of entering into the woman's body and thus another cycle of life in the material world began. If there is something to this idea, then the dead dream and the pregnancy announcement would make sense!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2014, 08:03:59 pm »
A few years ago my aunt dreamed that a friend had passed away.  She didn't think much of it until the next night when she dreamed she was fishing, and just "reeling them in," as she put it.  Sure enough, that next week her baby sister announced her pregnancy.  I've had the dead dream followed by the fish dream: in every instance someone came forward to tell us she is with child.

Wow, that's cool!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2014, 10:17:53 am »
Well! I had quite an interesting, and even mildly homoerotic, dream last night! And I'm pretty sure I know exactly what it inspired it, too.

In yesterday's mail, I received (already!) material about renewing my subscription to the Pennsylvania Ballet for the 2014-15 season. So, last night, I dreamed I was out drinking, as is my wont on a Saturday night ( ::) ), and I ran into two dancers from the company. There is a basis in reality here, too, as I have, on occasion met some of the guys from the company at my usual watering hole. However, on those occasions, they were never dressed to dance, as were the two in my dream, in white t-shirts, gray tights, and white slippers!  :laugh: One disappeared shortly thereafter, but the other hung around, being something of a tease, I suppose, and I remember that at one point we were both seated (on bar stools, I presume), and I was massaging his feet!  :laugh:

In the dream I could see this young fellow's face, but I didn't recognize it as the face of anybody who is actually in the PA Ballet.  ???

What a dirty old man I'm becoming, at least in my dreams!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 11:41:53 am by Jeff Wrangler »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2014, 11:28:07 am »
We'll just have to start calling you Cassie!  8)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2014, 11:43:10 am »
We'll just have to start calling you Cassie!  8)

Yes, but Cassie wanted the footrub from Ennis, and I was giving the dancer a foot massage. Wouldn't that make me Ennis?