Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941592 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2014, 10:55:06 am »
Thanks, FRiend.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2014, 01:33:12 pm »
Well, my dad is "still here." I just talked to him.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2014, 01:57:15 pm »
Good to know. I'll bet he appreciated your call.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2014, 08:47:55 pm »
Oi, did I ever have one hell of a creepy dream last night. I dreamed I was married--yes, to a woman--and she was pregnant with our child. Also, she  was dressed and wore her hair like someone in the late 1960s. Her time came, but we couldn't get to a hospital on time, so she gave birth to the baby outside our house. The baby was a boy, and he was healthy, and I was ecstatically happy. We put him to sleep in what looked like one of those clear plastic shoe boxes, and he was sleeping sweetly just behind my right shoulder as we sat down to dinner in what looked the dining room of the house where I was raised. At some point I turned around to look at the baby was shocked to find that not only was he dead, he had shriveled up into this tiny, toy-like, horribly dehydrated figure.  :o  That's when I woke up and I remember no more.

Anyone care to take a crack at that one?  :-\

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2014, 09:39:39 pm »

Anyone care to take a crack at that one?  :-\

Sure, I am always up for dream interpretation! This one is really quite straightforward. The baby represents some hope or dream of yours, some aspect of yourself, or perhaps a project you were doing. The fact that you were following a conventional life with a Sixties-era wife means that you felt you had to do that in order to realize your dream. You fear that your dream or project is dead but in a later dream you may find otherwise.

I used to have a somewhat similar dream where I lived in a house with a separate poolhouse. I was afraid to go to the poolhouse because I thought I had neglected it and all the plants in it would be dead. But lo and behold when I did go there (in my dream) I found a lush paradise. Someone had been taking care of the plants for me, and I still don't know who it was/is/will be!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2014, 07:52:49 am »
Lee, I do like your explanation!  Jeff, that was one heck of a dream!

The most recent one I had was rather dumb.  In the dream I was in a recording studio listening in on Madonna and Nena recording a duet.  Never heard the song before, and can't remember how it went.  lol

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2014, 08:07:03 am »
The most recent one I had was rather dumb.  In the dream I was in a recording studio listening in on Madonna and Nena recording a duet.  Never heard the song before, and can't remember how it went.  lol

I'll tell you how it went:  "Like a 99 Lead Baloon Virgin".

Now that's a nightmare.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2014, 08:20:13 am »
::)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2014, 08:25:08 am »
I'll tell you how it went:  "Like a 99 Lead Baloon Virgin".

Now that's a nightmare.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2014, 10:01:58 am »
Sure, I am always up for dream interpretation! This one is really quite straightforward. The baby represents some hope or dream of yours, some aspect of yourself, or perhaps a project you were doing. The fact that you were following a conventional life with a Sixties-era wife means that you felt you had to do that in order to realize your dream. You fear that your dream or project is dead but in a later dream you may find otherwise.

Thanks, FRiend! That makes it a lot less upsetting!