Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941769 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #220 on: July 08, 2014, 04:30:23 pm »
I've heard of this belief before, in fact, my mother says she often dreams that her first husband, my father, is coming to get her and usher her to heaven. It is very comforting to know that our loved ones are watching out for us and are able to guide us along a scary path safely. Or, it could be kind of creepy. The way you describe your mother looking down on you in the bed without speaking seems a little ominous to me, but it might be reassuring. I haven't ever had such a dream that I can recall.

She looked like she was thinking really hard about something. You know, how we sometimes frown when we're trying to concentrate really hard on something really difficult. I wasn't scared, though--this wasn't a nightmare. It was my mother, after all.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #221 on: July 12, 2014, 08:49:29 pm »
I had a crazy Brokie dream not long ago.  I don't have time to post it now, but I will soon.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #222 on: July 13, 2014, 06:12:05 pm »
Ok, so not long ago I had a dream.

There was a large Brokie gathering, I don't recall where it was, but the location had a 'ghost town' or 'old western' type feel.  There were a number of original Brokies there, but there were also 'new comers' there as well, those who had never been to a gathering, or those who had never been Brokies before, only just recently seeing the movie.

The main two people who had worked the most at this gathering were Lee and Adam, and the first meeting day came, and we had all gathered together to meet up.  Adam and Lee excused themselves to prepare some sort of surprise, and while they were gone, a newer Brokie asked that we say a prayer to begin the festivities.  At that point some bickering began, over who should say the prayer, and what type of prayer should be said.  I stepped in to try to calm nerves down, but things only got worse, and it ended up in a big argument.  As everyone was fighting, Lee and Adam came back, and asked me what happened.  With everyone yelling, I just looked at them and said "There is no more Brokeback Mountain" and stormed off.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #223 on: July 13, 2014, 07:37:45 pm »
Well, that's a depressing dream. So sorry you had a dream like that.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #224 on: July 13, 2014, 07:50:26 pm »
well, they can't all be happy!  ;)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #225 on: July 14, 2014, 09:16:36 am »
Chuck, you have always been the peacemaker in many a situation. There was an incident a little like that on one of our trips. Rodney was to do a reading from the book at the Virginian Hotel in Buffalo and we had all had a long day (some of it quite muddy) and I think some people were much more interested in the movie than the book. Everybody politely listened and then we all took off for Riverton, arriving late at night! I wouldn't have been surprised if people had asked for the itinerary to be revised after that day!

And there was another incident in Goff Creek where Adam, the other Chuck, and I took quite a while setting up a super-duper sound system so we could watch Close Encounters of the Third Kind before going off to Devils Tower the next day. A few of the people decided to go into the next room and watch a different movie rather than wait. Come to think of it, our trips were often teetering on the brink of disaster, but I wouldn't change one moment!

Maybe you are a little nervous over planning for the 10-year anniversary that is coming next year, and not wanting to be in the position that Adam and I were in as organizers. Don't worry, it will work out splendidly! I am here to offer advice if wanted...based on prior experience I would say it's best to underplan rather than overplan.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #226 on: July 14, 2014, 12:09:02 pm »
Maybe you are a little nervous over planning for the 10-year anniversary that is coming next year, and not wanting to be in the position that Adam and I were in as organizers. Don't worry, it will work out splendidly! I am here to offer advice if wanted...based on prior experience I would say it's best to underplan rather than overplan.

I hope this wasn't supposed to be a secret.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #227 on: July 14, 2014, 01:23:09 pm »
No the 10th anniversary of the movie is no secret, Jeff. But that does remind me of something else that happened. . . before the BBQ, there was a splinter group that was planning to camp out in or near Rocky Mountain National Park and crash the BBQ and other events to avoid paying, I guess, or just to be ornery or whatever. But in the end, the only person who crashed the event was Dave Cullen.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #228 on: July 14, 2014, 01:28:39 pm »
No the 10th anniversary of the movie is no secret, Jeff. But that does remind me of something else that happened. . . before the BBQ, there was a splinter group that was planning to camp out in or near Rocky Mountain National Park and crash the BBQ and other events to avoid paying, I guess, or just to be ornery or whatever. But in the end, the only person who crashed the event was Dave Cullen.

Well, presumably it doesn't take higher math skills to figure out that 2015 is ten years since 2005.

But if whatever is being planned to commemorate the tenth anniversary was supposed to be a secret, the Bettermost Beans that something is being planned have now been spilled.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #229 on: July 14, 2014, 02:30:05 pm »
But if whatever is being planned to commemorate the tenth anniversary was supposed to be a secret, the Bettermost Beans that something is being planned have now been spilled.

Jeff, I don't talk about secret meetings. I would probably be excluded from any secret meetings anyway, so wouldn't know about them. I am talking about a celebration that is open to all for which Chuck and others have asked for ideas about location.