Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941269 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #230 on: July 14, 2014, 02:55:25 pm »
Jeff, I don't talk about secret meetings. I would probably be excluded from any secret meetings anyway, so wouldn't know about them. I am talking about a celebration that is open to all for which Chuck and others have asked for ideas about location.

Why would you be exluded? You have valuable experience at planning this sort of thing!  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2014, 03:21:04 pm »
Well, it might be that just a small group want to get together, or a subgroup, such as Bears of Brokeback, or something like that. (I don't even know if such a group exists!)

Let's get back to the subject of dreams...I'm afraid we'll make Chuck even more nervous if we keep going on this way!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2014, 03:39:00 pm »
Well, it might be that just a small group want to get together, or a subgroup, such as Bears of Brokeback, or something like that. (I don't even know if such a group exists!)

Let's get back to the subject of dreams...I'm afraid we'll make Chuck even more nervous if we keep going on this way!

He can handle it. He's a Jersey boy.  ;D

The way he got those vehicles out of the mud and snow and ice, this ought to be a piece of (cherry) cake.

(((Chuck)))  :-*
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2014, 04:52:16 pm »
Nuthing to be afraid of here, and no secrets, but at the moment, no solid plans either, so no one is missing anything. 

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #234 on: July 21, 2014, 01:49:55 pm »
Last night was another for an odd and extended dream. I saw my mother again, and I'm sure she spoke to me, but I'm afraid I can't remember what she said; I'm sure it wasn't anything portentous.

The whole family was back in the house where I was raised. Mother was making me breakfast, a couple of "dippy" eggs. One egg was quite normal looking, but the other was sky-blue! (No blue ham to go with it, however.  8) ) I think she was making me breakfast before I had to leave for school. It was raining heavily outside, and I was having difficulty deciding what shoes to wear because of the weather. I also remember saying something to my mother about having to take a train and then a bus to get to school, and that I couldn't remember the route number of the bus I needed to take.

Then I was standing with my dad in my parents' bedroom, looking down at the street as the rain continued to fall. I remember my dad saying something to me about "my people," but I can't remember exactly what he was saying. I do remember wondering if by "my people" he meant gay people.  ???

It seems remarkable and portentous to me that I should have two dreams about my mother that I remember fairly close together.  ???

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #235 on: July 22, 2014, 06:51:01 pm »
Hey, friend. When you can't hear or can't remember what your parents are saying in your dream, that means that you're not ready to hear the message yet. You can perhaps search within yourself to determine why or if the message is there already. As Glinda famously said, "You had it in your power all along."

Shoes, trains, buses, roads, etc. all refer to your life journey and the choices you have had to make at each junction of the journey. The fact that you were standing with your dad in your parents' bedroom when he said "your people" means, yes, he is referring to gay people.

The two eggs, one normal, one weird, stand for choices made in life. Eggs symbolize beginnings and potentials. The rain refers to "wet" things, things having to do with feelings and deeply held beliefs and needs.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #236 on: July 22, 2014, 07:14:36 pm »
The fact that you were standing with your dad in your parents' bedroom when he said "your people" means, yes, he is referring to gay people.

But what has my parents' bedroom got to do with gay people?

The rain refers to "wet" things, things having to do with feelings and deeply held beliefs and needs.

What makes those things "wet" things?  ???

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #237 on: July 22, 2014, 07:38:59 pm »
The bedroom is where one typically has sex, so the location indicates he and you were talking about sexual things. It was raining in your dream, which indicates that it has to do with "wet" ideas, or things that might cause a person to shed tears.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #238 on: July 23, 2014, 09:10:33 am »
It was raining in your dream, which indicates that it has to do with "wet" ideas, or things that might cause a person to shed tears.

That makes sense.

A couple of odd fragments from last night.

The first had to do with a footprint, and analyzing it, and what it meant. That's all I remember of it.

I remember more of the second. I was in my home church, sitting in a back corner that put me directly in line with the pulpit. I looked to my right and saw my dad sitting by himself in the rear pew, and looking much younger than he actually is, pretty much as he looked in my favorite of our family portraits, which was taken about 1973 or so. So I went and sat next to him, and that was that.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2014, 11:26:34 am »
OK, this is starting to spook me. It seems like I've gone years on years with rarely having dreams I remember, and just as rarely dreaming about my mother. Now all of the sudden I'm remembering lots of dreams and from almost every night? What's up with that?  ???

Last night I was back in my home county once again. I saw both my mother and my father, though I don't remember anything they may have said to me. I remember that I needed to make a drive to a bank and to a K-Mart ( :laugh: ), and that somehow, without knowing it, I had driven around in a circle; I remember passing a particular landmark, an old stone house on a dirt road out in the country, and then coming past the house again and realizing that without realizing it I had driven in a circle. This time I stopped at the house and went inside to use the bathroom to take a leak ( ;D ); the bathroom looked like the kind of restroom facility you might see in a park or some public place, with a concrete floor, a couple of urinals, and a stall or two.  ???

Thank goodness that part of the dream didn't mean I was peeing my bed!  :laugh: