Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941697 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #280 on: October 28, 2014, 07:10:28 pm »
sounds like a plan to me!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #281 on: October 31, 2014, 10:04:55 am »
That's not all we need. We also need our own cruise ship, a fleet of pick-up trucks, and an Old Brokies' Home in Wyoming!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #282 on: October 31, 2014, 02:29:33 pm »
Well, I had a bizarre dream (or series of dreams) last night, but no time to talk about them now.  I wll discuss them over the weekend.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #283 on: November 02, 2014, 08:21:05 am »
Those are great ideas, Paul and Lee!

We also need a Brokie Commune, somewhere!

Sweden is nice. Just saying.....   ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #284 on: November 02, 2014, 05:36:06 pm »
Just realized I never came back and told you my crazy dreams that night.

The first one, I went to see my parents, and the cat (Blaze) was gone.  Mom and Dad said they donated him to Praxis, the Alzheimer's facility that my grandmother was sent to.  This caused quite an argument, as Blaze likes the family, but is not the friendliest cat.

I woke up, turned over and went back to sleep.

The second dream, I was doing a favor for friends, and took their daughter (Kayla) to an exotic pet store, for some odd pet she wanted.  Things were going well until some father stopped watching over his daughter, and she fell into a large aquarium of piranha.  She was rescued, but bitten pretty badly.

Thankfully, I didn't have any other dreams after that.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2014, 01:00:30 pm »
I can not resist making some interpretations about your dream, Chuck. You are free to accept or reject them as you wish.

Around Halloween time we are reminded of the fun times we had as children participating in the rituals of the season. We are drawn back into a more innocent time and the inner child within us is awoken. We long for the attention of our parents in creating costumes, taking us out trick-or-treating, making jack o'lanterns, and giving us candy. But when we are grown and out on our own, we have to do all those things for ourselves or for others. Yet, the inner child still wants the attention and playful care from the parent as always. We long for the sense of solace and protection that they provide in a scary situation, even though the scariness is all make believe.

In both of your dreams, there are parent figures who exhibited neglect. In the first one, your parents gave away the cat (and it is implied that they gave away the grandmother to the same location). In the second one, a father neglects his child, who falls into a vat of piranhas. You still need the concern and care of your parents even though you are all grown up and have left the home. Everybody does. However, parents are flawed. I, as a parent, know it's easy to get wrapped up in my own projects and lose touch with my grown children. But they need me, in some ways more than ever.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #286 on: November 04, 2014, 11:11:07 am »
This time it was me who had the crazy dream. It began as a quiet evening at a treehouse home, just me and my daughter. She confessed tearfully to me that she didn't have any dresses to wear that made her look good. I went out with a plan to go shopping at REI for a dress for her. While there, I bought quite a few other things, more than I could carry to the cashier's, and there were no carts. I decided to cut some of the gear out of its packaging so I could carry it all. Only a butcher's knife was available and I cut across the top of my index finger and into the side of my thumb. There was a lot of blood but fortunately paper towels were nearby and I stanched the blood quickly. I went away to throw out the paper towels and wash up. Then I remembered I had left all the purchases and my purse there. They were gone when I got back and after a long search I was told they were in "dry dock". I went there, up in the rafters of the store and two swarthy men in robes started giving the items back to me piece by piece as I identified them. I was just about to get my purse back when I woke up.

Any thoughts?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #287 on: November 05, 2014, 09:00:48 am »
Wow......I can't think of any meaning behind that.  At least not right now.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #288 on: November 07, 2014, 11:48:45 am »
Dreamed an escapade last night where I went to the church social with my upstairs renter (who looked nothing like my renter in real life). When I arrived to take her to the social, I found out she had subleased the apartment to two red-haired twin women, one of them engaged. So over the course of the dream I discovered that all three were living in the apt. and the fiance was planning to move in too. I danced with one of the twins and suddenly I was an amazing dancer! But I was maneuvering her over the dance floor and we danced right into the bass guitar which was sticking out past the stage! So we decided to stop dancing...  :laugh: At the end we were all leaving together and I had a lot of things to carry. Apparently I had left a lot of things at the church on past visits and decided now was the time to take them all home. But I kept dropping things and my paper bag kept filling up with water and the bottom dropping out of it. My companions went on ahead in a huff but I encountered them later, lost and stranded, and got them home again. I used the opportunity to give them a lecture and tell them I would require a lease from each of them.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #289 on: November 07, 2014, 05:55:17 pm »

I had some crazy dreams last night.

First I dreamed I was sent to the moon, to be in some space station.  My supervisor Maria was with me, as was her husband and family.   After doing the tests we needed to do, Maria went nuts and attacked her family.  We found out she had been infected by a parasite, so I pushed her outside the stations and broke her helmet so she had no oxygen, which killed her and the parasite, but then I was able to revive her.

I woke at that point, rolled over, and went back to sleep.

At that point, I dreamed I was back at my old job, the supermarket.  I went into the customer service desk, and it was a wreck.  It was 11pm, and there was uncounted money everywhere......lottery tickets, checks, it was a disaster.  I ending up trying to clean everything up, and it was past 3:00 am when I was done.

I woke up feeling exhausted.  LOL