Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941382 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #320 on: November 30, 2014, 12:39:41 am »
oh, I like this time of year.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #321 on: November 30, 2014, 11:21:19 am »
I was staying over at my parents' home, the house I was raised in.
Odd that you don't call it, my home, or my childhood home.
My mother was there.
Did she try to speak to you, or was she just...there?
We were going to fly back to Philadelphia.  :o  I was the one who was poking around and putting us behind schedule.
Sounds like you wanted to stay in the past rather than return to present times.
We were picked up by some guy driving a very strange vehicle, with an open back seat. It was yellow in color. He drove us all over the county to deliver ice cream before finally taking us to the airport, where a clock showed only 15 minutes until the time of our flight.
Sounds a little like a Fellini scene! Was the guy someone familiar? Was he dressed as a clown? How did you feel about the delays?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #322 on: December 03, 2014, 12:15:56 pm »
I had several interesting dreams last night and I wanted to remember them to tell you about them. As I was waking up, I decided to title each of the dreams so I could recall them by saying the title. The first one was "dates". I dreamed I was walking along at a campus carrying books, but it was in the present day. An older guy with a beard and mustache, looking distinguished but casual at the same time, came up to me and asked me if I would like to have his business card. I was puzzled at first and thought maybe he was trying to sell me something, but then it dawned on me that maybe he was attracted to me and so I said "sure!" I took his card and went on to the gymnasium where a potluck was set up. While I was getting my food, I met another guy, about the same age and type as the first! We decided to eat together and were going out onto the deck when we ran into the first guy. I was apprehensive that he might think badly about me for being with another man, but surprisingly, he was friendly to both of us. We all three sat down together over dinner and really clicked as a threesome!

In the second dream I had a lionfish and was really struggling to keep it alive and healthy, especially as I insisted on carrying it around with me everywhere. I was forever trying to find a container or water and sometimes I had to put it in a sink to revive it. Finally, I was carrying it around in the pages of a book, looking for a better home for it. The lionfish didn't make it but I remember thinking at least it would make a good dinner when I got home. The third dream was about my Husky/Malamute dog, Kapu. My daughter told me they lost the dog after parachute jumping. The entire family, except for me, decided to go parachute jumping from a plane and they decided to take the dog with them. He survived the jump just fine but then ran off and got lost in the forest where they landed.

Unfortunately I can't remember the title of the last dream, but I do remember that it was the most interesting and joyful of them all! Isn't that always the case?!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #323 on: December 03, 2014, 06:54:52 pm »
Hmmm...those are some interesting dreams.   I seemed to be 'dream free' last night.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #324 on: December 22, 2014, 09:13:28 am »
My maternal grandparents were a couple who should NEVER have gotten married.  They did so because gram had a bun in the oven, my mom.

They lived in a small town in Pennsylvania, and fought like cats and dogs their entire marriage.

I swear, I didn't watch any sappy TV shows last night.  LOL

I dreamed I was in Pennsylvania.  I was the age I am now, but my grandparents looked like they did when I was a kid.  Instead of the house they lived in, in the dream they lived in a small farmhouse.  While it wasn't a farm, it was on the outside of town.

They were actually very nice to each other, and I was there, helping them do some chores, and shopping, and decorating their house for Christmas.

I can still see grandma walking around in my dream in a pair of overalls, something she never wore in real life.  LOL

I'm taking this as a sign that they're at peace with each other now.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #325 on: December 22, 2014, 01:07:42 pm »
What a lovely dream, Chuck! So, did your grandmother "wear the pants in the family", was that part of the friction?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2015, 07:22:07 pm »
Well I had a doozy a few nights ago, that I'm just getting the time to tell now.

::) :laugh:

It was like being in a movie.......I was a member of a church, very large, but there was something....evil, about it.  I tried to do some investigating, but needed help from someone I could trust.

For some reason, that turned out to be Andy Griffith.  I have no idea why, since I almost never watched his show, but there he was, in his young, black and white days, while everyone else was in full color.  The two of us paired together discovered that there were people being held captive in the church above where the organ was.  They were in chains and abused, but we couldn't figure out how to rescue them.  We went back down to the main church, to find that they had just captured Barney Fife, and that their plan was to use evil magic to kill leaders in the organized Catholic church.

Andy and I were about to leave when we were attacked from behind.  Andy was turned into their slave, his mind wiped clean.  I was killed.  Turns out that Andy was key to their plan, he was needed for some reason, and without him the entire plan was destroyed.

The dream ended when my spirit took over Andy's body, and I forced Andy to grab one of the ceremonial daggers and slit his own throat, thus destroying all their plans.

And that's when I woke up.

lol

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2015, 10:28:11 pm »
Wow! That was pretty intense, friend!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2015, 05:13:06 pm »
It was like being in a movie.......I was a member of a church, very large, but there was something....evil, about it.  I tried to do some investigating, but needed help from someone I could trust.
The beginning of your dream echoes a common theme of distrust in institutions, especially long-established ones like religions.

For some reason, that turned out to be Andy Griffith.  I have no idea why, since I almost never watched his show, but there he was, in his young, black and white days, while everyone else was in full color.  The two of us paired together discovered that there were people being held captive in the church above where the organ was.  They were in chains and abused, but we couldn't figure out how to rescue them.  We went back down to the main church, to find that they had just captured Barney Fife, and that their plan was to use evil magic to kill leaders in the organized Catholic church.
Of course you turned to good ol' Andy! This is another common theme, that the days of black-and-white TV were all innocent and wonderful, and all of the world's ills could be cured by just going back to the values of 1950s US of A. (I'm not criticizing your dream but this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, when I run into someone who thinks this way. He's invaryingly a white, older, straight male, of course.) Then, when you two discovered the persecuted people, it reminds me of other dreams you told us about where there were cruel overlords taking masses of people prisoner.

Andy and I were about to leave when we were attacked from behind.  Andy was turned into their slave, his mind wiped clean.  I was killed.  Turns out that Andy was key to their plan, he was needed for some reason, and without him the entire plan was destroyed.

The dream ended when my spirit took over Andy's body, and I forced Andy to grab one of the ceremonial daggers and slit his own throat, thus destroying all their plans.
So, I'm interpreting that the cruel overlords wanted to use the body of Andy Griffith to seduce the masses into thinking their church was as beloved as he was. And TV has been called the opiate of the masses, so that plays into the plan as well. You foiled the schemes by killing Andy, and you were the hero! Interesting that you actually died in your dream. That hardly ever happens.

Your dream touches on several of the popular fears about modern life: distrust of institutions, the suspicion that things are not as they seem and that we're living in a dystopia. It's probably not a coincidence that many recent movies and TV shows ping on these fears and cover the same topics. Your dream would make a great show on the order of Hunger Games...you should license it!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2015, 07:57:54 pm »
Your dream would make a great show on the order of Hunger Games...you should license it!

lmao!  My mom said the same thing.