Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941670 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #330 on: January 29, 2015, 12:11:15 pm »
The beginning of your dream echoes a common theme of distrust in institutions, especially long-established ones like religions.

I should have mentioned that I see this theme often in people's dreams. I wasn't saying it's a common theme of your dreams, friend.

Last night I re-watched Silver Linings Playbook and it caused me to have a strange dream myself. I don't remember much about it except that I was with our friend Kelda and she was in some kind of trouble (thugs chasing her) and I was trying to help her. Maybe because Kelda looks a bit like Jennifer Lawrence. It was nice to have a dear friend show up in a dream!  :-*

That movie is pretty intense! I watched it again primarily for JL. I don't ordinarily like Bradley Cooper that much but he was awesome in that movie. He made Robert diNiro look like leftover pastry!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #331 on: January 29, 2015, 07:37:14 pm »
I don't remember much about it except that I was with our friend Kelda and she was in some kind of trouble (thugs chasing her) and I was trying to help her. Maybe because Kelda looks a bit like Jennifer Lawrence. It was nice to have a dear friend show up in a dream!  :-*

I love it when that happens.  I've had a few dreams where Brokies have shown up.  lol

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #332 on: February 19, 2015, 10:28:14 am »
A fragment from last night:

I was living as a roommate in the home of two of my club brothers--except their home was the house my grandparents lived in when I was a kid.

I owed them money (rent?).

They had a baby daughter. In the dream I knew her name, and even addressed her by it, but I've no forgotten it. It wasn't Olivia, but it was something like Olivia.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2015, 09:17:08 am »
last night I had a few crazy dreams, but I can't remember them  now.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #334 on: March 09, 2015, 03:19:46 pm »
This thread is bittersweet. Many friends that have gone on and now exist in our dreams.  :'(

In a dream that I had March 6, 2015, I was in my old office and went up to the 3rd (top) floor to the open area outside the executive offices. It was a busy, crowded place with lots of nooks where admins had their desks, overflowing with work, and there were also windows here and there looking out on the city, which was New York City (although I've never lived there). I was looking around for some papers when someone invited me to sit down at an empty desk in the middle of things, piled with papers. The person said, “That’s where you belong, anyway.” I discovered that I was now the office manager which was intimidating because I thought I didn’t know how to do that. But as I dealt with people coming to me with their problems I realized that it didn’t take any specialized skill, only the abilities to focus and solve problems.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2015, 11:02:48 pm »
I had two dreams on March 6 and this was the second one.
I was sleeping in my bed at the San Franciscan Center when a man named Paul, looking something like the actor Alfred Molina, came in, shook me awake, and said that there were some job interviewers who wanted to see me.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2015, 11:03:56 pm »
I had an apocalyptic dream on March 6. Here it is.

(1st dream)
I was sunbathing and reading a book in the courtyard of the San Franciscan Center when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw two people falling through the air. I turned to look at the skydivers and noticed that they were dressed in street clothes and didn’t have parachutes. I realized they were not skydivers but victims of an accident. As they fell out of sight over a hill, black dots appeared in the sky all around that grew larger and became people falling to earth. I stared in horror and noticed that one was a child with striped socks and long hair with a ribbon in it. As she fell, I didn’t have time to mourn her because another person fell quite close to me with a sickening thud, raising dust as his body burrowed into the soft earth. I got up and edged closer to the roof overhang as they kept coming and coming.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2015, 01:05:42 pm »
I had a crazy one last night, but I can't remember it.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #338 on: April 06, 2015, 05:25:50 pm »
Both my mom and I had weird dreams on the night of the Blood Moon this past weekend. In her dream, she was in the rehab hospital and it was late at night. She could hear me out in the hall, carousing, talking loudly and throwing and breaking glasses. It sounded to her like I was at a New Year's Eve party. She kept trying to call me to come into the room but in vain. When she was telling me about the dream, I asked why she wanted me to come in the room. She said, "so that you would settle down."

In my dream, we were at the retirement home where she lives. The staff had gone into her room to clean it either because she was moving out or because she was coming back home from the rehab place. The staff said they found some grape juice in the fridge and they threw it out. I became very angry because I had put the grape juice in the fridge and wanted Mom to have it when she came home. It was the "wine" we had used for communion during a recent church retreat and we had only taken a glassful out of the bottle.

Anyone interested in commenting on these dreams?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #339 on: April 07, 2015, 08:45:45 am »
Interesting dreams Lee.  I have to say, I like the idea of you having such a good time you're tossing glasses around.

:laugh: