Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941301 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #360 on: June 18, 2015, 11:41:25 pm »
A couple of days--or, rather, nights--ago, I had a dream that I had bought a new condo in my building. It was larger than my present home, and it had a much larger balcony, and it came with a parking space! Strangely, the layout of the unit was unlike any in my building, and the elevator lobbies were also very different--much more elegant--and so was the ground floor lobby. I

Traditionally, dreaming of a new home means that you are ready to move into a new lifestyle, adopt new plans, etc. but I think it's more nuanced than that. It could mean you are seeking to expand your horizons or interested in trying on a new personality or relationship.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #361 on: June 19, 2015, 09:41:09 am »
Traditionally, dreaming of a new home means that you are ready to move into a new lifestyle, adopt new plans, etc. but I think it's more nuanced than that. It could mean you are seeking to expand your horizons or interested in trying on a new personality or relationship.

Well, right now I also seem to be having one of those "spells" I get where I wish I could take, oh, a month or so, to downsize in the sense of getting rid of a lot of the stuff I've accumulated over the years.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #362 on: June 24, 2015, 10:45:09 am »

Next thing I knew, I was driving a car and learning to get in and out of the garage and find my parking space; the entrance looked like a cross between a public parking garage and an industrial loading dock.

Interesting that you have so often dreamed of being in a car and now you are planning a car trip!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #363 on: June 24, 2015, 11:13:15 am »
Interesting that you have so often dreamed of being in a car and now you are planning a car trip!

Thinking about it, anyway.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #364 on: July 04, 2015, 08:07:20 pm »
A few days ago I had a really interesting dream. Tim Robbins was in it playing the role of a guy in a group of people I was involved with. We were working on a project of some kind, a construction project. He was engaging me a lot, asking questions, offering to help with things. Then one day I realized he was setting me up for something. After studying him carefully I got the feeling he was setting me up to take the rap for a murder. For instance, he came up to me with a pair of scissors and playfully cut a lock of my hair. He was dancing about and said he wanted to keep the lock of hair forever. I played dumb and said I was flattered. But after he left, I asked a friend to trim my hair so the cut would not be noticeable. I thought he was trying to make me more recognizable as a person with asymmetrical hair.

Then, a day later, I sat bolt upright in my bed upon waking because I realized that he wanted instead to have some hair to leave at the scene of the crime so my DNA would be traced. I quickly came up with a plan to counteract his scheme, but there was scheme after scheme behind it!

Maybe I have been reading too many Sherlock Holmes novels...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #365 on: July 04, 2015, 11:33:44 pm »
lmao!  I can completely understand that "bolt" Lee.  There was a time I had a dream I had committed a murder, and when I woke in my bed, I was busy planning my alibi should I be caught.  It was about 5 minutes after being awake that I realized I was in bed, had just woken up, and not killed anyone.  :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #366 on: July 05, 2015, 12:01:02 pm »
So what does it mean if you dream about committing a murder?  ???

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #367 on: July 05, 2015, 01:22:55 pm »
My thought is that it doesn't necessarily mean that you want to turn to a life of crime. In my experience, people often stand in for something or someone else. So, you need to figure out what or whom the victim represents. (I would suspect it may be your dad.) In that case, you need to accept that it's natural to be angry about your freedom, time, and energies being taken away from you. Believe me, I wrestle with this every day. I'm coming to accept and cope with the loss little by little and my faith helps me.

Here's what Men's Health has to say about this: http://www.menshealth.com/health/what-deadly-dreams-mean

In my most recent dreams, I suspected someone was trying to get me to take the rap for a murder that hadn't happened yet. And in another dream I didn't tell you about, I was eating some rotisserie chicken that suddenly came alive again and became a cute little monkey-like character, hopping about merrily on its little stubs. I realize that I'm trying to deal with my fears and anger about my mom sucking all my energies and virtually "eating me alive".  :-\

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #368 on: July 05, 2015, 02:00:31 pm »
My thought is that it doesn't necessarily mean that you want to turn to a life of crime. In my experience, people often stand in for something or someone else. So, you need to figure out what or whom the victim represents. (I would suspect it may be your dad.) In that case, you need to accept that it's natural to be angry about your freedom, time, and energies being taken away from you.

My dad? I wasn't the one who dreamed he'd murdered somebody. That was CellarDweller.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #369 on: July 10, 2015, 11:03:45 am »
Just to clarify...if one dreams of killing someone, it could have to do with wanting to get rid of something that is nagging you, or killing off a part of yourself that you don't like. Dreams are highly metaphorical, as I've said already.

The only thing I remember from my dream last night was that I was deadheading the poppies and a capsule broke and opened in my hand and a huge amount of poppy seeds tumbled out. It was wonderful. This morning I did check the poppies but the seedheads aren't ready to be harvested yet. The California poppies are also forming their long scythe-like seedheads and they're really fat this year.