Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941372 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #370 on: July 10, 2015, 12:26:21 pm »
Darn. I forgot I should have posted a couple of days ago, right after I had an interesting dream, and now I only remember fragments of it.

I seemed to be living in the house my grandparents owned when I was a kid. I think the house was up for sale, but I can't remember for sure. I remember going out the back door, and the weather was very overcast--it looked like it was going to rain--and there was something about me wearing a raincoat that I've had since I was a teenager, but I don't remember exactly what it was.  ???

It's also possible that these fragments are fragments of two different dreams, but I just don't remember for sure.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #371 on: July 11, 2015, 05:04:26 pm »
I had a lulu last night.

I was visiting my dad, going to church with him. In actuality, on Sundays the church has the use of the parking lot at what had been my old junior high school, about two blocks from the church, for parishioner parking, and the church owns a small vehicle, kind of a cross between a bus and a step van, to transport people from the parking lot to the church.

Anyway, in the dream, we pulled into the parking lot, and the church bus wasn't there. Instead there was a vehicle that seemed to be a station wagon, but it wasn't large enough to hold everyone who was waiting for a ride to the church, especially since the waiting parishioners included a man and woman unknown to me, who had with them three standard poodle dogs!

The next thing I remember, my dad and I are driving out of the parking lot. My dad is driving, except for reasons unknown the steering wheel is on the right side of the car, not the left, where it belongs, and my dad drives right through a red light!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #372 on: July 12, 2015, 02:19:42 pm »
well that's a different one, Jeff.

three standard poodles, huh?  bless the beasts, and the children.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #373 on: July 12, 2015, 03:02:42 pm »
well that's a different one, Jeff.

three standard poodles, huh?  bless the beasts, and the children.

I have NO idea where those poodles came from!  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #374 on: July 12, 2015, 06:00:17 pm »
maybe you want a pet.  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #375 on: July 13, 2015, 10:24:53 am »
Had another one last night. I think this one was mostly influenced by TV commercials, things I read, and even some things I may have read here on Bettermost.

In the dream I was going to get to do the voice of a character in an animated film!  :laugh:  To do it I was going to have to go someplace in the Southern Hemisphere--maybe South Africa, I'm not sure; I just remember realizing, Oh, it's winter there now! I remember that our Bettermost friend EDelmar was somehow involved in the project, and I was going to have to take more vacation time from my job than I'm allowed. I remember sitting on the side of my old bed in my old room in the house where I grew up, and asking my mother what I should do about it. Rather unusual for my dreams, this time I actually saw my mother.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2015, 12:26:44 pm »
Now that's funny, you doing a voice-over for a character.  Was it a cowboy?  ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #377 on: July 13, 2015, 06:05:26 pm »
Now that's funny, you doing a voice-over for a character.  Was it a cowboy?  ;)

I don't remember what the role was.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #378 on: July 13, 2015, 09:42:35 pm »
...I remember sitting on the side of my old bed in my old room in the house where I grew up, and asking my mother what I should do about it. Rather unusual for my dreams, this time I actually saw my mother.

This reminds me of the late scene in the movie where Ennis was sitting by the window in Jack's childhood room and then he goes downstairs to talk with Ma Twist. It seems to me like there have been several dreams, friend, where you saw your mother. Often, you spoke to her, but I don't recall you getting an answer.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #379 on: July 13, 2015, 10:36:11 pm »
This reminds me of the late scene in the movie where Ennis was sitting by the window in Jack's childhood room and then he goes downstairs to talk with Ma Twist. It seems to me like there have been several dreams, friend, where you saw your mother. Often, you spoke to her, but I don't recall you getting an answer.

Not really, at least not that I remember. I remember dreams where I saw the back of her head, or something. But I don't dream about her often.