Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941704 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #440 on: August 17, 2016, 09:46:49 am »
Two nights ago I had the silliest dream ever. I dreamed about Davy Crockett!  :laugh:

I think I know where that dream came from; it had two possible sources in my subconscious. First, on eBay, I noticed not too long ago that somebody was selling a refrigerator magnet with an image of Fess Parker as Davy from the old Disney Davy Crockett series from the 1950s. Second, last Saturday evening, I watched The Lawrence Welk Show on PBS,  ::) and the theme was songs from Disney shows. They practically did the entire sound track to Mary Poppins, but one of the guys also sang the theme song from Disney's Crockett series. So I believe I had both of these things in the back of my mind as sources for my dream.

As a side note, the dream inspired me to read up on Crockett on the Internet last night, and I learned that he was the only Congressman from Tennessee to vote against President Andrew Jackson's Indian Removal Bill, which forcibly dispossessed five nations of Native Americans of lands in the Southeastern U.S. that were rightfully theirs and forced them into exile in what is now the state of Oklahoma. Jackson, of course, was also a Tennessean, so I think Crockett's vote against Jackson says something about Crockett's character.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #441 on: August 17, 2016, 02:37:44 pm »
I love silly dreams.  I've had dreams that are so silly, I actually wake myself up from laughing.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #442 on: September 02, 2016, 11:52:19 am »
I had an interesting dream much like many others last night. I was married (but I couldn't tell whom to) and we had inherited a big old house. After exploring the house for several days, it seemed like, I decided to go out to the shed and see what was there. To my great surprise, I entered the door and it was more like a cottage than a shed. Very light and clean inside. I went through a small foyer into a roomy odd-shaped space that had furniture and looked a bit like a waiting room. Passing through to the next room, it was a hallway that led to another roomy space from which bedrooms spun off. I also began to encounter people, who were hanging out with each other in the bedrooms. There seemed to be a couple of families staying there. Though I didn't see small children. More like college students. I came up to one young man who seemed to be from Latvia or one of the stan countries but he spoke English well. We went into a small cafeteria, yet another room in the "shed". He told me that the people were renting from those in the big house and I told him that I was now the resident of it and would be taking them all under my wing. I left to rush back and tell my husband all of this and as I looked back at the shed, it seemed to compress itself back into a shed.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #443 on: September 02, 2016, 01:30:08 pm »
I haven't remembered any of my dreams lately, I'm not sure why.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #444 on: September 04, 2016, 06:14:52 pm »
I cannot recall ever before having a dream with an olfactory component, but I had one Friday night/Saturday morning.

I was smelling the wonderful aroma of baking bread! I woke up very confused, wondering why I was smelling baking bread, and then why I wasn't smelling it.  ???

I'm not sure if this was part of the same dream, or another dream, but I dreamed there was a new closet next to the door to my condo. I entered, and the so-called "closet" actually turned out to be a large room lined with shelves with all sorts of stuff stored on them--in particular, I remember giant-size cans of oatmeal (it wasn't the Quaker brand, but somehow I knew it was oatmeal!)! Also, there was a washing machine in a corner of the room. I pulled the machine into the center of the room, and began to do a load of laundry, and then I began to panic when it occurred to me that in the center of the room, there was no place for the water from the washing machine to drain! This may be the point where I started to smell the baking bread, but my memory isn't clear past this point.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #445 on: September 05, 2016, 12:44:17 pm »
This seems to be my time for memorable dreams.

Last night I dreamed I was on vacation at a Renaissance faire in New England. I was with a small group of friends. There was a young woman in the group whose face I saw clearly, and I remember the face, but I can't place her.  :(  The faire was being run by the guy who is the manager of my usual watering hole. The weather was very, very hot, and I remember asking the manager if he knew if any of the faire vendors sold tights, as the pair I had been wearing for several days had become so gross from perspiration that I wanted to get a new pair. There was also a swimming pool concealed in a large pavilion tent, and I wanted to jump in the pool, clothes and all, because the weather was so hot; I didn't, though.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #446 on: September 05, 2016, 01:01:33 pm »
I can't resist trying to glean a few bits of wisdom from these two dreams of yours. They both feature water and, as you can learn from googling it, water represents the unconscious mind or emotions when it appears in dreams. (This is also how some have interpreted the symbolism of water in Brokeback Mountain.) In the first dream, you are discovering resources within you that you didn't know you had. But you have trepidation about using those resources, particularly emotional ones, and are worried that if you access the cleansing, purifying and reviving effects of emotional release, it will be overwhelming or messy or upsetting.

A similar wish is present in your second dream. You desire the cool clean water of the hidden swimming pool, but you resist. You desire to hop into a new "skin". It's interesting that you refer to that place you like to go as your "watering hole". The woman is unrecognizable to you because she is standing in for someone or something else or for you. She represents a talisman that can help you find your way to the emotional wellspring.

That's just something I dreamed up. . .see if any of it makes sense!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #447 on: September 05, 2016, 01:22:36 pm »
That's just something I dreamed up. . .see if any of it makes sense!

Oh, no, I think they're very interesting, thought-provoking ideas! Thanks, FRiend!

I just wish I could recognize that woman!

I wonder whether the fact I can't "place" her has anything to do with the fact that right now I'm trying to decided whether or not to attend the 40th reunion of my high school class next month?  ???

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #448 on: September 05, 2016, 04:47:03 pm »
Last night I dreamed I was on vacation at a Renaissance faire in New England. I was with a small group of friends. There was a young woman in the group whose face I saw clearly, and I remember the face, but I can't place her.  :(  The faire was being run by the guy who is the manager of my usual watering hole. The weather was very, very hot, and I remember asking the manager if he knew if any of the faire vendors sold tights, as the pair I had been wearing for several days had become so gross from perspiration that I wanted to get a new pair. There was also a swimming pool concealed in a large pavilion tent, and I wanted to jump in the pool, clothes and all, because the weather was so hot; I didn't, though.

Interesting dream!  I think  I wuld've jumped in that pool.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #449 on: September 13, 2016, 11:45:14 am »
Yesterday was busy, so I never got around to reporting the oddest dream that I can remember. I had it Sunday night. I was watching the commercials advertising a new TV show, apparently a sitcom, where the main character was Morticia from the Addams Family!