Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941510 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #480 on: January 14, 2017, 10:56:15 am »
I dreamed I was playing poker with Pence.

"I have three," says he. Of course, thought I. You have three knaves.

"I'll call you back," says I.

Now, what does this dream mean? My conscious mind has forgotten how to play poker, but my subconscious mind obviously still knows.

Sometimes I scare myself.  :P
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #481 on: January 14, 2017, 11:46:56 am »
Just one more post before I go to the class where I'm teaching sewing to refugees.

Earlier last night, I dreamed that I had to organize a rather complicated presentation that involved two screens and several presenters who had to interact. I knew instantly how to do it, because I'd just seen a George Takai play a few days before. Not Allegiance but a different play also set in WWII. Some people from my past were the players. The success of the play depended on perfect synchronization of the two screens.

Jeff, I feel for you and for all of us in these United States, as Auden would say. It's no wonder we are afraid we'll look out and see shadowy figures dragging bodies away and we wish we could go back to the days of our parents, or our grandparents.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #482 on: January 14, 2017, 10:35:54 pm »

"I'll call you back," says I.

Now, what does this dream mean? My conscious mind has forgotten how to play poker, but my subconscious mind obviously still knows.

Okay, I looked it up and to call means to match the bet on the table. So, it means I have 3 Jacks (knaves) or better. But, who are they?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #483 on: January 18, 2017, 10:58:35 am »
Did I ever have a lulu last night!

It seemed like I was in some sort of Western or pioneer days movie, or something.

I was with a group a people, and we were hiding out in some sort of really skanky "sanitation facility" (which, of course, doesn't fit the part of being in a Western), and we were waiting for the arrival of a wagonload of supplies. I remember thinking that our hide-out was so gross that I said that if we were attacked by Indians, I'd rather surrender than stay in our hide-out!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:48:51 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #484 on: January 20, 2017, 12:33:46 pm »
I had a scary dream last night (surprise, huh) and woke up with my heart pounding. I was at some kind of convention center and I looked across the way and saw a colleague of mine, who is Chinese-American, being bullied and berated by his boss. The boss pushed my colleague into an elevator that was going up. I went over to the elevator and pushed the up button but of course, nothing happened. I looked to the side and noticed a smaller elevator. I went to get in it but it turned into a covered slide. I slipped myself into it and a suction thing came down on the top of my head and started pulling me up. There were many twists and turns and the elevator was like a tight tube around me and very dark, but I told myself to relax and breathe normally. At the top it came out at a dizzying height and I realized that, instead of an elevator, it was some kind of roller coaster ride.

The suction thing was still pulling me slowly and then it came to a stop. I looked up and was terrified that I was still a good 50 ft up in the air! I looked down and saw some people down below cleaning a small area of ground and in the middle was a puffy pillow about the size of a twin mattress. I was supposed to jump onto this?! I was near to panic and yelled to get the people's attention but since they were so far away from me, they didn't hear me. After what seemed like forever they started to notice me and look up, gesturing that I should jump. But I remained riveted to the little stand and its two arm holds. As I was waking up, I think they were starting to lash together several ladders so that I could climb down.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #485 on: January 22, 2017, 01:40:31 pm »
Just one more post before I go to the class where I'm teaching sewing to refugees.

FRiend, this post is way overdue, and perhaps OT as well, but I've been thinking I wanted to say I think this is wonderful of you!

I didn't even know sewing was a skill you possessed, so how wonderful to share it by teaching it to others! Especially refugees!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #486 on: January 22, 2017, 07:51:53 pm »
Thank you, friend. When I started doing this I looked on it as a penance for the hatred people (even in my own family) were showing toward refugees, but now I simply enjoy it!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #487 on: February 01, 2017, 09:43:15 pm »
I had a funny dream one night last week. I was in a store like a K-Mart or a Target, and I was looking for a new lunch bag, one with a shoulder strap. I remember looking at several and not being able to decide which one to buy.  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #488 on: February 02, 2017, 11:03:57 am »
I had another "shopping" dream last night!

My dad dropped me off at our Center City Macy's (the original John Wanamaker Department Store), and I entered through a door where there isn't actually a door in the building. I found myself in a room with lots of shelves full of shoes, and the shoes were all mixed and mingled, not in proper pairs, as if there had been a sale in a discount shoe store. I turned around, and I saw a check-out counter that was attended by a woman who had been a neighbor when I was growing up. I walked deeper into the store, looking for the men's department, and I couldn't find it. It seemed as though the whole interior of the store had been redone, and nothing was where it used to be. I saw a new department where one went to order custom-made suits. Finally I turned around and I saw a wide staircase leading downstairs, and there was a large sign with a giant finger pointing down the stairs, and the sign read "Men's Department." I had found it, although it seems I woke up before I actually went downstairs.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #489 on: February 02, 2017, 12:27:02 pm »
Oh, I hate dreams like that.  You're busy walking around, and wake before you find it.

Not coooool.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!