Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941659 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #810 on: August 06, 2021, 06:53:03 pm »
Wow, that sounds awful! I don't completely understand who holds what power there, or why they can boss you around like that. But if they've cheated instructors out of their pay and students out of their tuition, I would certainly hope there'd be some legal recourse. Are they associated with some larger organization that would frown upon such actions?
That is a flaw of the movement. There really is no national or international governing body. What little there is is an old boys' network.

I was on a hike today in the San Juan Mountains and somebody mentioned that it was commonplace to have nonsensical dreams and thoughts while trying to sleep at altitude. This was reassuring to me.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #811 on: October 20, 2021, 08:44:05 am »
Well, here's one for the books.

Last night I dreamed I was back in the apartment where I lived from 1990 to 1995. Something seemed a bit "off," so I locked the deadbolt on the door.

Then I was in the bedroom, and there was a toilet (yes, a toilet!  :laugh:  ) next to the bed. (I could otherwise see the room quite clearly.)

Then I was in the bathroom, and again there was an issue with the toilet!   :laugh:  It was against the wall and facing it's position in reality.

Why on earth am I having dreams about toilets?  ???   :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #812 on: October 24, 2021, 09:23:35 pm »
This suddenly seems to be my season for dreams. I certainly had an odd one last night.

Actually, to begin, I was at my father's for the weekend. He insists on attending an 8 a.m. church service, which means I need to get up at the stinking early hour of 5:30 a.m. So last night I went to bed and set my alarm for 5:30. The alarm is a clock radio, and I always set it to play music. I went to sleep, and suddenly woke up, and immediately began to hear music. I reached over to hit the Snooze button, but nothing happened; the music continued to play. Then I realized it wasn't the clock radio; it was my phone: Spam text message! I turned off the phone.

I figured I was already awake, so I might as well get up. I didn't look at the time. I went into the bathroom and began to wash up. Then I noticed the time on the bathroom wall clock: 1:40! Feeling sheepish, I went back to bed. I managed to fall asleep, and that's when I had the dream.

I thought I heard music again. but I knew it was neither my phone nor the radio. In fact, it seemed to be coming from downstairs. I got up and went downstairs without turning on any lights. I got as far as the dining room. I could still hear music, and I saw that the kitchen door was open. I went back upstairs to wake my father, and to get the piece of board he keeps by his bed to use as a club. (I have never asked him why he feels this is necessary.)

I remember telling my father about the kitchen door being open, and reaching for the club. That's the last I remember.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #813 on: October 25, 2021, 06:10:30 pm »
Hmmm. What kind of music was playing, in each case?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #814 on: October 26, 2021, 10:36:13 am »
Hmmm. What kind of music was playing, in each case?

I don't recall. I just remember that I could hear it was music.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #815 on: October 28, 2021, 10:30:00 am »
I'm surprised that you, a person so attuned to musical styles, wouldn't remember what was playing. I'm guessing the  music was an important part of the dream. See if you can recreate it, either waking or sleeping.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #816 on: October 28, 2021, 12:09:09 pm »
Easier to say what it wasn't, which is Rock or Country. It was instrumental, which is all I can say.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #817 on: October 28, 2021, 02:32:14 pm »
Okay, we can just say it was a generic type of music, neither happy or sad. No lyrics, so no message.

It seems like the music in your dream was coming from the kitchen. You said there were no lights on. How could you see that the kitchen door was open? Was light coming from the kitchen? Did  you get the feeling that there was someone in the kitchen and they were playing music? Did you think it might be a burglar?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #818 on: October 29, 2021, 09:34:28 am »
I'll contribute my latest dream.

I was living in a room with my two granddaughters. My mother lived in the room next to me, and she took the girls to her room. Whether for a visit or to stay, I can't say. So I went to her room to retrieve the girls. They were playing in one corner of the large room and my mother was in another corner, with her back to me, weaving a blanket Indian style. I looked around the room and in the third corner was a pretend fireplace made of cardboard, with the flames drawn on with crayon. There was also a real fireplace on the other wall. In the last corner was a window and a closet. The room was rather messy with clothes strewn about, but not cluttered. I kept my coat on so as to telegraph to everyone, including myself, that I wasn't staying.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #819 on: October 30, 2021, 09:59:55 am »
Here's some interpretation, as I see it. My mother is deceased, so I'm theorizing that the room is the afterworld. Like Persephone, I went there to retrieve the girls from Hades. The four corners were the quadrants of the underworld, and the window and closet were the ways out.