Author Topic: Theme songs of 1960s and 1970s US TV shows  (Read 47458 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Theme songs of 1960s and 1970s US TV shows
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2007, 11:11:35 pm »
I don't understand.  You kept the whole cereal box?  You didn't cut the record off and play it?
I aquired it later in life. I had the very same cereal box as a kid. I remember the cereal box records VERY well. I had a Jackson 5 record, the Archies, the Sugar Bears, Bobby Sherman and the Monkees records, too. I was an only child so I got to pick the boxes and keep the prize!

My family had a plastic green Josie spoon (Josie was on the tip of the handle), but I don't remember when or where we got it.
I have the set of the 5 spoons, too. Josie, Melody, Alexander, Valerie, Alan and Sebastian. Alexandria got shafted with both lines of toys! She doesn't appear on neither the spoons nor the erasers.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2007, 08:53:35 pm »
OK Smelly, let me guess...I'll bet you considered boning Doug, too. You just like Doug's fuzzy mutton chops!

I always dug EmmyJo's go-go boots. "Delicate and feminine is Henrietta Hippo"
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2007, 09:39:50 am »
Now, Aquaman was one of the main crew here, but I still think he don't get as much love as the others.  Why come?  He was always my favorite.  I even had an Aquaman doll when I was a kid.

SmellyKelly, you're just copying me now! Aquaman was my favorite, too. I had the Mego Superhero Aquaman. In the stories my cousin and I dreamed up, Aqua and his cool friends (Batman, Superman and Mr. Fantastic) lived in a swanky shoebox apartment surrounded by MOD furniture such as a chair made out of a champagne cork with the wire and an occasional table made from the little plastic doodad in the middle of the delivery pizza (to keep it from sticking to the box). He got a lot of action from Dorothy and Glinda from the Wizard of Oz crew living right next door (in my cousin's sister's OZ playset).

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2007, 11:25:47 am »
Now, Aquaman was one of the main crew here, but I still think he don't get as much love as the others.  Why come?  He was always my favorite. 

SmellyKelly, you're just copying me now! Aquaman was my favorite, too. I had the Mego Superhero Aquaman.

I think it was hard to work Aquaman in the stories, there would have to be water and fish around!

my faves were the WonderTwins!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2007, 02:39:45 am »
DAMN Kelly, you're a treasure trove of 70s-era memories!!

I think I still have some records that came on the back of cereal boxes.  Mine were from Honeycombs (Honeycomb's big!  Yeah, yeah, yeah!  It's not small.  No, no, no!) and they are haunted house records.

OhMiGod, I totally remember that haunted house record!  This is all really takin' me back . . .

Speaking of cereal jingles, do you remember the one for Freakies?  "We are the freakies, we are the freakies, and this is the freakies tree. [wtf?]  We never miss a meal, cause we love our cer-ee-illl . . ."

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2007, 08:54:48 am »
Of course!  That stuff was terrible, but occasionally, that song will pop into my head for some reason.  How bizarre!  How bizarre!  How bizarre!
Oh no, you are not shredding one of my favorite cereals, Freakies! I loved that stuff, golden, sweet, freshly picked off the Freakies tree.... 

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=WI5GIcUMjtA[/youtube]

Toycoon, did you have a free freakie?  I picked up one at the club the other night. . . 

I certainly do, I have all seven. Which one did you pick up? Hamhose?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2007, 10:06:06 am »
I preferred Wendy and Marvin.

Hey SKJ, did you know that Wendy & Marvin got a make over in recent years?  They appeared in issues of the DC Comic "Teen Titans".  They have no superpowers, but they are now twins with genius level intellect.

Here is how they looked then:

and here is how they look now:

Toycoon has already let me know that he liked the Wonder Twins too,

Yooooooooooooo Toycoon!   C'mere and talk!  It's always cool to meet another Wonder Twins fan!

And Zan & Jayna have make overs, too.  They appeared in a recent DC Comics series called "Young Justice".

Here is how Zan & Jayna looked then:

and this is how they look now:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2007, 12:56:00 pm »
WonderTwin Powers - Activate! I love the collective conciousness we are all experiencing right now.

All four twins look 200% better than they did back in the 1970's. I wish I could say the same for myself! *sigh*

Truth is, I'm glad I'm the age I am. I wouldn't want to be any older or younger; I wouldn't be able to enjoy all the crazy shit that I love so much!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2007, 05:06:23 pm »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2007, 04:20:27 pm »
Ah, who could forget Uncle Bill, or Jody or Buffy!  Thanks for posting this one!

I could never understand why Buffy would always call Uncle Bill "Uncle Beo", I and my siblings used to make fun of her stupid lisp for hours!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”