Author Topic: First Troll Attack...  (Read 14038 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: First Troll Attack...
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2006, 09:15:23 pm »
way to go phil !
at least I dont feel helpless here as I do on IMDB when the vile trolls start attacking.
But I SHALL not be mentioning about bettermost on imdb now.

It is not a problem to mention the site on there.  The trolls don't pay attention to those messages.  I think if someone challenges or dares them, that might bring them here, but as I've said, those kinds of promotional messages about BetterMost have been up for months with no problems.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2006, 09:33:04 pm »
Bless you, Phillip.

You're simply the best. And that goes for DavidinHartford, chefjudy, and Fran too!

Jenny

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2006, 09:44:39 pm »
Hello, Newbie, here...

a refugee from Imdb -- it seems you've caught our favorite troll.  I do hope you'll share the info with the Imdb admins...

He as much as admitted he'd been busted in a recent post...

by - edited  on Sun May 7 2006 18:15:29 keep this on the hush..I have been tracked for real.they know my ip

Now... the news that SOMEONE had been busted has made the rounds over there, but no one mentioned him by name.  so this would appear to be genuine.  He heads a gang who follow him around...  maybe you've heard the stories from Vicky.  If he could be made to give the names of his accomplices -- the net would be a much nicer place.

Anyway... thought you'd like to know.

You will be a hero not only here but also on that other board...  when songs are sung and stories told... your name will stand with the legends....

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:40:37 am by Phillip »

vkm91941

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2006, 11:18:28 pm »
Hello, Newbie, here...

a refugee from Imdb -- it seems you've caught our favorite troll.  I do hope you'll share the info with the Imdb admins...

He as much as admitted he'd been busted in a recent post...

by - foxinatir27  on Sun May 7 2006 18:15:29 keep this on the hush..I have been tracked for real.they know my ip

Now... the news that SOMEONE had been busted has made the rounds over there, but no one mentioned him by name.  so this would appear to be genuine.  He heads a gang who follow him around...  maybe you've heard the stories from Vicky.  If he could be made to give the names of his accomplices -- the net would be a much nicer place.

Anyway... thought you'd like to know.

You will be a hero not only here but also on that other board...  when songs are sung and stories told... your name will stand with the legends....

I got a PM about this on IMDb the poster who sent it to me, said that troll actvity from the fox and tiger "armys" dropped dramatically after this was posted.  The were still a few homophobes and right wing Christians...but the big stuff just trickled off.

Hmmm if Phil has the fox himself in a trap...Oh my this is a GREAT day!  Some of us have been fighting that little twit for literally months.  He is the one responsible for the fall of Pierre Tremblay.

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2006, 03:39:48 am »
Hmmm if Phil has the fox himself in a trap...Oh my this is a GREAT day!  Some of us have been fighting that little twit for literally months.  He is the one responsible for the fall of Pierre Tremblay.

LOL - Now this would be a sweet turn of events wouldn't it!
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2006, 03:48:53 am »
by - foxinatir27  on Sun May 7 2006 18:15:29 keep this on the hush..I have been tracked for real.they know my ip

Am I totally stoopid or is writing "keep this on the hush" sorta pointless when declared on a written forum?
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2006, 10:52:18 am »
Absolutely, Ray...  but we cling to such slender hope over at Imdb.  Alas, whoever was caught at Binghamton, it seems not to have been our favorite troll after all as he returned last night to gloat over our "stupidity." 
So... our joy was short-lived.  But if one can be caught, so can the rest.  At least that is my hope.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2006, 11:49:57 am »
I hope the SUNY kid gets expelled. Well, he/she will get their computer priviliges revoked for some time. MORONS. 

Felt so powerless with the trolls on IMDB.com. Here, we don't take prisoners. >:( Incinerate the posts, suspend the account, follow the troll to his "home." That's the way it ought to be at IMDB.com. 

Excellant work by Phillip, DavidinCT and Victoria. Keep up the good work.  :D