Author Topic: Everybody Loves Raymond  (Read 82191 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Everybody Loves Raymond
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 11:54:02 pm »
Wow! This thread is really running slow! I almost forgot what I was going to say! Does that ever happen to any of you?

No. Of course not. Ya'll are smart enough to NOT have dial-up!  :laugh:

Another great ELR line (or actually LINES in this case) is from "Baggage" from Season 7. In this episode, Debra and Ray return home from a trip and park their suitcase on the landing of the staircase. Nobody wants to move it to the bedroom and so it sits there for about a week. Ray has to leave on a business trip and Debra is upset because Ray won't take the suitcase with him. Why? If he takes it, he gives in to Debra and Debra wins, so Ray decides to pack his clothes in plastic shopping bags instead. Just before Ray walks out the door he places a piece of Roquefort cheese inside the suitcase and then quickly darts out the front door. The next morning the house is beginning to smell quite ripe from the cheese.

Marie walks through the front door and sniffs the air with a disgusted look on her face...

Marie: "Debra. Are you cooking something?"

Debra: "No Marie. I'm not cooking anything."

Marie:" Well there's an aroma in here!"

Debra: "You know, I smell it too but I can't figure out where it's coming from."

They both start investigating the smell, and finally Debra tracks it to the suitcase. Debra unzips it, reaches her hand in there and pulls out the old, nasty piece of cheese.

Marie:" DEBRA!! You can't keep cheese in a suitcase!!"

:laugh:  :laugh:

"Baggage" ended up being one of those episodes created from a real life experience. Actually about a third of the episodes were created based on the real life experiences of the writers. Sometimes if the writers couldn't think up a plot for the episode, they would all sit around the table and talk about what happened to each of them during the week. Sooner or later, somebody would mention something they could work with, and an episode would be created.

I think this is why the show is so lovable. Most of the episodes seem so real, as if they could actually happen to us. And in some cases, they probably have!

And now we know why!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 03:01:04 am »
Wow! This thread is really running slow! I almost forgot what I was going to say! Does that ever happen to any of you?

No. Of course not. Ya'll are smart enough to NOT have dial-up!  :laugh:

Another great ELR line (or actually LINES in this case) is from "Baggage" from Season 7. In this episode, Debra and Ray return home from a trip and park their suitcase on the landing of the staircase. Nobody wants to move it to the bedroom and so it sits there for about a week. Ray has to leave on a business trip and Debra is upset because Ray won't take the suitcase with him. Why? If he takes it, he gives in to Debra and Debra wins, so Ray decides to pack his clothes in plastic shopping bags instead. Just before Ray walks out the door he places a piece of Roquefort cheese inside the suitcase and then quickly darts out the front door. The next morning the house is beginning to smell quite ripe from the cheese.

Marie walks through the front door and sniffs the air with a disgusted look on her face...

Marie: "Debra. Are you cooking something?"

Debra: "No Marie. I'm not cooking anything."

Marie:" Well there's an aroma in here!"

Debra: "You know, I smell it too but I can't figure out where it's coming from."

They both start investigating the smell, and finally Debra tracks it to the suitcase. Debra unzips it, reaches her hand in there and pulls out the old, nasty piece of cheese.

Marie:" DEBRA!! You can't keep cheese in a suitcase!!"

:laugh:  :laugh:

"Baggage" ended up being one of those episodes created from a real life experience. Actually about a third of the episodes were created based on the real life experiences of the writers. Sometimes if the writers couldn't think up a plot for the episode, they would all sit around the table and talk about what happened to each of them during the week. Sooner or later, somebody would mention something they could work with, and an episode would be created.

I think this is why the show is so lovable. Most of the episodes seem so real, as if they could actually happen to us. And in some cases, they probably have!

And now we know why!  :D

BAGGAGW was funny - ive seen that ep!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 11:16:50 pm »
Somewhere around the middle of Season Five, the ELR producers started phasing out the use of intros at the beginning of each episode. Only occasionally did we see an intro during the Sixth Season. The producers did create a cute intro for Season Seven and Eight, but they only used them several times for each season. Instead, they would place the ELR stamp in the opening scene along with a few credits. And why did they decide to do this? Because the producers felt they needed all the air time possible in order to tell each story. And those extra 30 seconds were important and valuable. So, for the most part, we didn't see the intros any longer.

Below is the intro from Season Eight, Jungle Love....

(This clip is about 30 seconds)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1NOznS-eOQ[/youtube]

**Edit: I just saw Phillip's message about multiple videos, so I moved this second video into a different post.**
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:30:57 pm by David »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 11:37:12 pm »
Season One, Episode Four

Highlights from "Standard Deviation"

In this episode Robert convinces Ray and Debra to take an IQ test. After the results are revealed, Ray learns that Debra scored 15 points higher, which drives him crazy... or does it? Later in the show, Robert announces he made a "mistake" and it was actually Ray who scored higher on the test, driving Debra nuts.

Notice Patricia Heaton's short hair in Season One. This was the only season in which she wore her hair this short. Starting with Season Two she has longer hair and she keeps it long throughout the rest of the series.  :D

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d7_xWe2CQo[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:44:22 pm by David »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2007, 09:14:06 pm »
Season One Episode 9

Highlights from Win, Lose or Draw

(about 3 minutes)

(Melissa, if you're reading this, this is the one I was telling you about in an email  :D )

Ray loses $2,300 to his father in a poker game.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSG35Cfi0QQ[/youtube]

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2007, 09:28:53 pm »
Season Two Episode One

Highlights from Ray's On TV

(4 minutes)

Ray makes a fool of himself on TV. Not once, but twice!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwwuSRJKTvc[/youtube]

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 09:42:48 pm »
Season One Episode 16

Highlights from Diamonds

(3,5 minutes)

Ray tries to replace Debra's wedding ring without her finding out about it.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGJFhilsW74[/youtube]

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 10:13:31 pm »
Season One Episode Three

Highlights from I Wish I Was Gus

Great Uncle Gus has died and Ray must give the eulogy. A jealous Robert exclaims "Even dead people love Raymond" and an angry Marie doesn't want to attend the funeral at all. Jean Stapleton has a cameo in this episode as Marie's sister. Be sure to listen for Robert's "funeral belch."  Actually it's pretty hard to miss!  :D

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhlmbY_EUD8[/youtube]

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 11:51:04 pm »
Season Two Episode Four

Highlights from Mozart

(about 4,5 minutes)

Marie wants to give Ally piano lessons, but Ally doesn't want any part of it.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P4KHOU9bEI[/youtube]

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 04:45:35 pm »
Hey David,

I just love Everybody Loves Raymond.  It's never really made it onto primetime telly here in the UK.  We always used to watch it over breakfast, making a mad dash to school just as it finished.

I cant think of my favourite episode, but one of the most memorable moments for me was watching Robert and his new bride taking the floor for their first dance ... to Elvis Presley!!!  :laugh:

Susie 

Hi Susie!  :D

I can't think of the title of the Elvis song they play at the end of that episode. Actually, "Robert's Wedding" is a two parter, ep. 24 and 25 from Season 7. I know the song, but I don't know the title of it.  Does anyone know what it is?  :D

I love all those episodes when Brad Garrett dances. Did you see "Snow Day" from Season 6? Brad does a funny dance in that one too!