Author Topic: Everybody Loves Raymond  (Read 82335 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Everybody Loves Raymond
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2007, 01:03:05 am »
In this next clip, Ray is disappointed to find out his prized Mickey Mantle baseball is a fake and it was actually Frank who signed the ball. Ray decides he won't tell such lies to his children, but ends up in a conundrum when Ally asks Ray about Santa Claus.

As I mentioned earlier, Ray Romano was not at all comfortable hugging other people. Peter Boyle who plays Frank in the series took Ray Romano into his home when Ray first moved to California just before the series started, and Ray began looking at Peter as somewhat of a father figure from that moment on. Near the end of this episode there is supposed to be a hugging scene between Frank and Ray. Since Ray hates hugging, the producers decided to allow Ray to decide for himself during filming whether or not to hug Peter.

Ray decided NOT to give Peter Boyle a hug at the end of this episode. Instead he gave him a kiss on the forehead; probably something even more difficult for Ray to do than giving someone a hug. This caught the entire cast and crew by surprise, but it just shows us the tremendous bonds that were beginning to form between some of the cast members. Few people know about this fact, and it makes this particular episode all the more beautiful and touching.

Highlights from Season One, Episode Twelve

The Ball

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEBbWNLA5JA[/youtube]

« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:26:07 am by David »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2007, 03:42:09 am »
Okay, I admit this next one is NOT one of my favorites. Generally I am not a big fan of ELR flashback episodes, and even though this particular flashback only lasts a few minutes, just the very sight of Ray Romano in a mullet wig and Brad Garrett in an afro reminds me of a bad acid trip back in the 1970's.  :P

So, it's not one of my favorites, but I'm quickly running out of videos to post and I'm desperate. And who knows? Maybe you will like it.

Season One, Episode 15

Highlights from The Car

Ray wants to buy Frank and Marie's old car, and Debra finally agrees to the purchase. But she becomes alarmed once she finds out this was the same car Ray once romanced his old girlfriend in.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQxr-CKRBH0[/youtube]

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2007, 03:57:00 pm »
Admit it David ..... YOU ..... put all these clips on Youtube didn't you??  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Susie  

:laugh: :laugh:

I wish I could honestly tell you I put all those clips on youtube, Susie. But I'm on dial-up. Maybe when I get broadband I will post some new ones up there!  :D

Did you watch any of them yet? The person who created those highlight videos did a very good job, I thought.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2007, 08:00:28 pm »

I've not seen them all yet, I'm just looking at a few at a time.  I loved the Brothers episode ... the person did a great job of creating the highlight videos.  But they're like teasers .... I want to watch the rest of the episode now!

Susie   

I love Brothers. It's one of my favorite episodes. And although the later seasons have many funny episodes, my favorites are from the earlier seasons (1-5). Ray was so much cuter in the earlier years. At least I think he was.  :D

One of my top three favorites is "No Fat" from season 3. Marie and Debra decide to make a tofu turkey for Thanksgiving. I loved Brad Garrett in this episode. The facial expressions he makes while he's trying to swallow the tofu turkey are hysterical!

"Debra Makes Something Good" from season 4, and "Marie's Meatballs" from season 2 round out my top three favorites!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2007, 12:31:45 am »
This is the closing scene from Season Three, Episode Five

The Visit

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S3SGQnNjnI[/youtube]

:laugh:  :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2007, 04:00:46 am »
Would anyone like a bowl of Flutey Flakes?

(And if you know what I'm talking about, you're as big of a Raymond fan as me!)  ;)  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2007, 01:35:53 am »
Here's a clip from "The First Six Years". This is the final 10 minutes of a two parter, first aired April 28, 2002.

Enjoy!  :D

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RHkpi0QYTs[/youtube]

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2007, 02:07:35 am »
Here is an "Everybody Loves Raymond" quiz for you to take! I will post the answers to the quiz tomorrow. And even if NOBODY answers this quiz, I will STILL post the answers tomorrow!  :laugh:

I'm really doing this to find out how many people are actually reading this!  ;)  :D

I will make this first quiz an easy one!  :D

(You will find the answers to a couple of these questions right here in this thread!  :D )

1. What is the name of the newspaper Ray writes for?

2. Ray and Debra live in Long Island, New York. What is the name of their street?

3. Frank is retired, but what was his former profession?

4. What are the names of Ray and Debra's three children?

5. Robert is a policeman. What is his partner's name?

6. In the season 5 opener, the Barones take a European vacation. What country did they visit?

7. What mythical creature is Ray most afraid of?

8. Ray is a total failure when it comes to giving gifts. What gift did he give to Frank and Marie in the Pilot that upset them so much?

9. Debra is a lousy cook, but she did manage to cook something very tasty in Season 4, Episode 18 ("Debra Makes Something Good"). What was it?

10. In Episode 3 of Season 5, ("Wallpaper") Frank and Marie destroy a part of Ray's property with their car. What did they destroy?

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2007, 09:44:13 am »
Let me add that up for you David ... em .... 0 out of 10 ... not bad!

Tee-hee, I'm with you on this one, Susiebell!  ;)

I love Ray to bits, David, and the show's good, too. Alas, however, I don't know the answers to any of your questions.  :-\

Except, maybe, for question 6. Did they visit Italy?  ???

I'm still working on my thesis, so I can keep up with you!  ;)   :D 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2007, 12:45:20 pm »
I think I know some of these, David!  ;D

1. What is the name of the newspaper Ray writes for?
Newsday

2. Ray and Debra live in Long Island, New York. What is the name of their street?
I don't know the name of their street, but I think their town is Lynbrook (sp?)

3. Frank is retired, but what was his former profession?
bookkeeper/accountant?

4. What are the names of Ray and Debra's three children?
Ally, Jeffrey and Michael

5. Robert is a policeman. What is his partner's name?
The fabulous Judy

6. In the season 5 opener, the Barones take a European vacation. What country did they visit?
Italy

7. What mythical creature is Ray most afraid of?
Unicorns?  (That's a total guess)

8. Ray is a total failure when it comes to giving gifts. What gift did he give to Frank and Marie in the Pilot that upset them so much?
A one-year subscription to the fruit-of-the-month club.

9. Debra is a lousy cook, but she did manage to cook something very tasty in Season 4, Episode 18 ("Debra Makes Something Good"). What was it?
bracciole (sp?)

10. In Episode 3 of Season 5, ("Wallpaper") Frank and Marie destroy a part of Ray's property with their car. What did they destroy?
The entire front of their house!

How did I do? 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain