Author Topic: Favorite Summer Beverage?  (Read 14512 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Favorite Summer Beverage?
« on: August 14, 2007, 10:41:25 pm »

Vote for up to three

So when the temperature soars and the thermometer rises dramatically and you feel like a limp noodle what do y'all drink to cool off while sitting in the shade, or in front of the fan or in air conditioned splendor and ponder the world.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Favorite Summer Beverage?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 10:44:38 pm »
and as is only right and fair I'll go first  ;D  When the temps get really high I stick with Iced Tea, Lemonade, Diet Soda or water because anything alcoholic only makes me sweat more and that much more uncomfortable.  BUT, if we are eating I can have a reallly, really, really cold beer when it's hot with no ill effect.  Harp Ale is my personal fav.  Nice and sharp ;D and a Shandy, Half Lemonade-Half Harp in an iced glass is really nice on a hot night with a plate of loaded nachos to share.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 10:58:33 pm »
and as is only right and fair I'll go first  ;D  When the temps get really high I stick with Iced Tea, Lemonade, Diet Soda or water because anything alcoholic only makes me sweat more and that much more uncomfortable.  BUT, if we are eating I can have a reallly, really, really cold beer when it's hot with no ill effect.  Harp Ale is my personal fav.  Nice and sharp ;D and a Shandy, Half Lemonade-Half Harp in an iced glass is really nice on a hot night with a plate of loaded nachos to share.

Well, we're two for three Dottie! I love iced tea and lemonade too! I also love wine coolers!  :D

But I ALSO love Orange Juliuses on a hot summer day! I posted a recipe for them over in Melissa's and Kelda's "How We Live" forum!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 11:09:54 pm »
Lemonade and Sweet Tea mixed equal parts is called an "Arnold Palmer". Ever tried it? It's good.  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 11:14:10 pm »
Lemonade and Sweet Tea mixed equal parts is called an "Arnold Palmer". Ever tried it? It's good.  :)

I have had those Shasta! And you're right, they are very good. Many people drink those in Indiana. I never knew it had a name though. I just call it sweet tea and lemonade!  :D

It's one of those things that sound strange, but when mixed together tastes very good... kind of like that peanut butter sandwich I told you about!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 11:18:53 pm »

I have had those Shasta! And you're right, they are very good. Many people drink those in Indiana. I never knew it had a name though. I just call it sweet tea and lemonade! 

It's one of those things that sound strange, but when mixed together tastes very good... kind of like that peanut butter sandwich I told you about! 

;) ;D

You can buy "Arnold Palmer" in gallon containers in some grocery stores. I have seen them in Publix.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 03:05:47 am »
Rub it in guys rub it in!! We didn't have a summer!!!  :P
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline pettifogger

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Just passin through
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 01:43:31 pm »
In addition to Iced Tea and water, I chose other.  When the weather is very hot I also enjoy Iced Coffee and those frappicino things from Starbucks ;)
You and I are travelers just passing through this earth

Scott6373

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 01:53:57 pm »
Just ain't nothin' like a cold one when the thermo rises!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 02:34:53 pm »
Just ain't nothin' like a cold one when the thermo rises!

Just ain't nothin' like a Tanqueray and tonic with lime when the thermo rises!  ;D

And what on earth is "Captain and diet"?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.