Author Topic: Which movie should I watch?  (Read 6580 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Which movie should I watch?
« on: August 15, 2007, 04:35:54 pm »
In the mail today I received: Vagina Monologues and Candy. Which should I watch first?  8)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Which movie should I watch?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 04:45:10 pm »
In the mail today I received: Vagina Monologues and Candy. Which should I watch first?  8)

Candy, and get the torture over with.

Heath is good but the movie is depressing.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 04:49:12 pm »
Were ya smokin crack when you picked those out??
LOL!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:
Just kidding! Neither appeal to me, but pressed to make a choice, I'd pick Candy.
I just couldn't watch a movie called "Vagina Monologues"!  :laugh:  :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 04:53:14 pm »
Where did you find the Vagina Monolouges at? I've been looking for that movie. I've posted in the Vagina Monologue thread a few times. Well, more than a few actually. People are starting to accuse me of actually having one!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Candy is a very good movie. I have it on DVD. Heath Ledger did a super job in that film. But I'm curious about VM, so I think you should watch it first!!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 04:56:23 pm »
Where did you find the Vagina Monolouges at? I've been looking for that movie. I've posted in the Vagina Monologue thread a few times. Well, more than a few actually. People are starting to accuse me of actually having one!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Candy is a very good movie. I have it on DVD. Heath Ledger did a super job in that film. But I'm curious about VM, so I think you should watch it first!!  :D
Really? ???
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 05:01:23 pm »
Really? ???

Really what, Lee?

People on HERE! Not people I physically know. At least I HOPE not! They better not!  >:(

I was joking.   :)

:D  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 12:37:56 am »
VM was hilarious and poignant and often distressing.  Even the gay men I know couldn't handle it.  :laugh:  My husband sat through it for me but he was dying.  Candy on the other hand is dark, and painful and incredible.  Once again Heath at his best, disappearing into a role.   Hope that helps you.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 07:55:20 am »
Really what, Lee?

People on HERE! Not people I physically know. At least I HOPE not! They better not!  >:(

I was joking.   :)

:D  :D
LOL!!!! ;D :laugh:

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 10:05:41 am »

Got them both from Netflix, and am leaning toward Candy. May watch that tonight.

Now I saw Shortbus last weekend. Wheeew-we, now there is a frank examination of sexuality.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 10:52:52 am »
Got them both from Netflix, and am leaning toward Candy. May watch that tonight.

Now I saw Shortbus last weekend. Wheeew-we, now there is a frank examination of sexuality.
I saw a movie I think you might enjoy.
It's called sordid lives. It has Olivia Newton John, Jeff Bridges and Delta Burke in it.
Ihave never laughed so hard in my life.
I'm sure you'll be able to pick out some similarites to your family in it. Lord knows I did. :laugh: :laugh:

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 07:45:32 am »
I've seen sordid lives, it has been a while, but I remeber I liked it. I think it was by the same guy who did Daddy's Dying, Whose Got The Will?

I watched Candy this weekend, sad and disturbing tale, and Heath was perfect as usual. Everything I see him in something I think Ennis Del Mar is the best character he has played.

injest

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 07:51:16 am »
I've seen sordid lives, it has been a while, but I remeber I liked it. I think it was by the same guy who did Daddy's Dying, Whose Got The Will?

I watched Candy this weekend, sad and disturbing tale, and Heath was perfect as usual. Everything I see him in something I think Ennis Del Mar is the best character he has played.

not that we are at all prejudiced... ;) ;)

seriously I think Ennis is going to be hard to beat...

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 09:07:34 am »

I'll have to check that one out too then.
Sordid lives makes me laugh so hard!  :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 12:01:40 pm »
Tru and Lee, there's a thread all about the Vagina Monologues!! And the person who posted the most on it was...David!!

Check it out:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8235.0.html
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 02:06:50 pm »

I own the movie Sordid Lives.  My son and his wife bought it for me, when i told them how much i enjoyed it and told them to rent it....

Beautiful mind