Author Topic: Stupid Celebrity Comments...  (Read 7623 times)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Stupid Celebrity Comments...
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 01:00:14 pm »
"So, where’s the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?"

Singer Christina Aguilera

::)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 01:09:10 pm »
"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake."

George W. Bush on his best moment in office, in an interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 01:13:11 pm »
"The point now is how do we work together to achieve important goals. And one such goal is a democracy in Germany."

George W. Bush, D.C., May 5, 2006

Ahem...  :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 12:21:49 am »
"Who could have possibly envisioned an erection -- an election in Iraq at this point in history?" --George W. Bush, at the white House, Washington, D.C., Jan. 10, 2005
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 10:29:18 am »
Jamaican pop singer Rihanna on her recent visit to London:

"I love Britain, especially London because you can get great West Indian food. The fans are great here, they're incredibly loyal. It's like being in Europe, but everyone speaks English."

http://www.dlisted.com

More here: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Rihanna-17328.html
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 12:17:52 am »
I've already posted these at another thread, but they're appropriate to post here also. They are a few quotable quotes from the wonderful world of Australian football!  ::) Certainly, these guys enjoy "celebrity" status here in Oz! Enjoy!  :D

1. "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father." (Shane Wakelin)

2. "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." (Mick Malthouse, Collingwood)

3. "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes." (Peter Bell, Fremantle, on his university law studies)

4. "You guys to my left, line up alphabetically by height. And you guys to my right, pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle." (Barry Hall, Sydney Captain, at training)

5. "I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to." (Brock Maclean, Melbourne, when asked if he had visited the Pyramids, whilst in Egypt)

6. "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning, regardless of what time it is." (Kevin Sheedy on James Hird)

7. "It's basically the same, just darker." (Jonathan Brown, on night Grand Finals vs day games)

8. "I want to kick 70 or 80 goals this season, whichever comes first." (Barry Hall, Sydney, when asked about the upcoming season)

9. "Luke Hodge, the 21 year old, who turned 22 a few weeks ago." (Dermott Brereton)

10. "Chad had done a bit of mental arithmetic with a calculator." (Mark Williams)

11. "We actually got the winning goal three minutes from the end but then they scored." (Ben Cousins, West Coast Eagles)

12. "I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body." (Luke Darcy)

13. "That kick was absolutely unique, except for the one before it, which was identical." (Dermott Brereton)

14. "Sure, there have been injuries and deaths in football, but none of them serious." (Adrian Anderson)

15. "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.” (Andrew Demetriou)

16. "I would not say he (Chris Judd) is the best centreman in the AFL but there are none better."
(Dermott Brereton)

17. "I never comment on umpires and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat." (Terry Wallace)

18. Garry Lyon: "Have you ever thought of writing your autobiography?" David Swartz: "On what?"

19. "Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw." (Dermott Brereton)

20. "Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer." (Dermott Brereton)

Dermott Brereton features in several of the above quotes. Here he is:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 03:23:16 am »
I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. [Dolly Parton]

OK this one isn't stupid but it is cute and I had to share  ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal