Author Topic: Are BetterMost Forum Members Bored - With Discussion On the main board?  (Read 6451 times)

TJ

I think it is okay to talk about other stuff and even poke fun sometimes at what is in the movie; but, what happened to discussing the movie and/or the book on the main forum?

Have people actually become bored with discussing the movie and the book as adults?

vkm91941

The main forum has always been a little slower than Chez Tremblay.  This a community of lovers of the film who bonded on the Pierre Tremblay board on IMDB.  We all know each other very well and will talk about anything including our favorite subject of BBM...some of the more gregarious bettermost member have joined us here and we venture out and post there as well.  But over all this website is a little slower than IMDb and Dave Cullen because it is smaller and more initmate.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
By the "main board" do you mean IMDb?  There are still a number of good discussions going on there if you look for them.  I try to spend some time over there when I can.  It's just that you never know if your thread will be there when you look for it again, thanks to the trolls, so a fair number of the regulars have left for other boards or just given up.

It may take a little perseverance, but just click on topics that sound interesting, and you'll eventually find the intelligent discussions.  Any thread started by CaseyCornelius is a good place to start. :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

slayers_creek_oth

By the "main board" do you mean IMDb?  There are still a number of good discussions going on there if you look for them.  I try to spend some time over there when I can.  It's just that you never know if your thread will be there when you look for it again, thanks to the trolls, so a fair number of the regulars have left for other boards or just given up.

It may take a little perseverance, but just click on topics that sound interesting, and you'll eventually find the intelligent discussions.  Any thread started by CaseyCornelius is a good place to start. :)

Speakin of Casey was he invited over here?

TJ

I am getting the impression that I am, to quote an Wyoming expression and rural elsewhere expression, "stemming the rose" in the BetterMost Forums. The expression does mean waste one's time when there is something more important or more useful to be done.

I am never going to know anyone here in person anyway.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Casey has been here. Is he still posting on imdb?!

I should look there more often. I've gotten almost completely out of the habit. Can we just start cannibalizing the good threads and most interesting posters and bring them over here?

That's not always easy, I know. I tried and tried to get jshane, sent a couple of messages, and never managed to hook him ...

TJ

While I have been a member of the IMDb board and am still a member, but rarely go there, I was referring to the board at this link here in BetterMost:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?board=3.0

I have not posted even ten times on that other board and they changed the format, or at least it looks like it, after I last posted months ago.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Ah... well, that forum pre-dated this one and you'll see many of the messages on the forum you are talking about are longer-form than the ones here which are more conversational most of the time.  As people move through stages of acceptance about the movie, they tend to start heading into other areas of conversation.  I encourage you to also check out the Your New Life Begins Today forum http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?board=4.0 which is part of folks' journey forward.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

vkm91941

NO I was speaking of the Bettermost Brokeback Mountain Open Forum not IMDb.  

Yes Casey is a member here and Yes Casey is still posting on IMDb

There are quire a few newbies posting on IMDb these days and they have some good insights and would appreciate someone who likes to post to join them...but you have to use the ignore button regularly to get ride of the trolls and hate mongers.

TJ, I am sorry you feel you are wasting your time here at Bettermost, do a google search there are some other larger forums out there like Dave Cullens Ultimate Brokeback Forum.  I may never personally meet any of these people but have grown close enough to a few that I am proud to consider them my friends.

I encourage you to check out and post on all the forum on bettermost before you give up on us completely.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:32:52 am by vkm91941 »

slayers_creek_oth

NO I was speaking of the Bettermost Brokeback Mountain Open Forum not IMDb.  

Yes Casey is a member here and Yes Casey is still posting on IMDb

There are quire a few newbies posting on IMDb these days and they have some good insights and would appreciate someone who like to post to join them...but you have to use the ignore button regularly to get ride of the trolls and hate mongers.

TJ I am sorry you feel you are wasting your time here at Bettermost, do a google search there are some other larger forums out there like Dave Cullens Ultimate Brokeback Forum.  I may never personally meet any of these people but have grown close enough to a few that I am proud to consider them my friends.

I encourage you to check out and post on all the forum on bettermost before you give up on us completely.

Agreed!  Most of us have know each other since Sept-Jan......we've grown close in that time and enjoy each others company....thats all....and several of us don't get on here to discuss BBM as much as we do just to discuss.....anything...the weather, current movies, trips to Hawaii and new born babies etc....