Author Topic: 100 Things to do before you Die!  (Read 78353 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: 100 Things to do before you Die!
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2007, 09:58:11 am »
Kerry, I hope you realize I was just kidding when I typed that! Although I never did think snow had a smell to it. Maybe I should have inserted a  :laugh: in my post. I thought I did, but when I went back and re read it a minute ago, I noticed I put a  :D in there instead.

I was just kidding when I typed that, buddy!

[[[Kerry]]]

God, I'm such a dope!  ::)

I must try to be not quite so literal in future!  :-\

I thought you must have been one of those people who has only seen the film and not read the short story, David, lol.  :)

Sorry if I sounded all serious and officious! I didn't mean to. It was late here and I was tired.  8)

I'll scoot over to Google now and see if I can pick-up a cheap brain transplant!  :o   ;)   :laugh:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2007, 12:47:31 pm »
I want to do most of the things listed, so I just listed the things I have already done!

Love your body - I learned to do that in the past years
Plant a tree - did this when I was a kid
Do something you fear - I do that all day long
Smell snow - every time we have snow, I look at it, pick it up and smell and taste it
Have your portrait painted - by my boyfriend
Be able to take compliments - I can do that now without feeling bad
Read a book in one sitting - sooo many!
Forgive yourself - and my body for abandoning me when I needed it most.
Talk to a stranger on the bus - do that all the time. LOL!
Yodel on a Swiss mountain - every time I am in the Swiss mountains I yodel
Pick wildflowers in an alpine meadow - *sigh*
Memorise a poem - yep, forgot it now though...
Shoot a short film - in university
Meet someone with your own name - first name? My soul mate best friend.
Visit the Mona Lisa and smile at her - Yup, did it, over the heads of many Japanese people
Become a vegetarian - it's a great thing to do
Live overseas - lived in LA for 8 months

What I want to do most before I die....

WRITE AS MANY BOOKS AS I CAN!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2007, 09:30:04 am »
Become a vegetarian - it's a great thing to do

Great list, Melissa! You've done lots too!  :D

I work with a woman who is a practising Hindu. She considers herself to be a very strict vegetarian. For example, she scours the labels of absolutely every item of food she purchases, to make sure there's no egg in it. She refuses to eat any animal protein. However, she wears leather shoes, carries leather handbags and has recently purchased a very posh leather couch. I've tried to explain to her that she is supporting slaughter-house industries by purchasing leather products, but she can't seem to see my point. Her vegetarianism would appear to be selective. :-\   ::) 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2007, 11:30:39 pm »
Take the next taxi to the airport and catch the next plane to anywhere.

(Me and a friend once went the airport for no reason and decided to buy roundtrip tickets to Chicago just for the hell of it. It was on Southwest Airlines and the tickets only cost $59.00 round trip. So, we flew to Chicago, spent the night there and flew back the next day. haha. Does that count?)

Run a marathon.

(I've ran the 500 Marathon twice. It starts in downtown Indy, and ends up in Speedway at the race track.)

Travel from coast to coast across the USA.

(Not really coast to coast, but I've driven Route 66 from Chicago to Los Angeles. We drove the interstates coming back though)

Do something you fear.

(I do something I fear every morning when I look into the bathroom mirror.  :laugh:  Seriously, if you really want to freak yourself out, lay a mirror on a table, and then lean over it and look at your reflection! But you might want to take a nerve pill about 30 minutes before you do it!  :laugh: )

Do a stand-up routine at a comedy club.

(I'd rather stick hot needles in my eyes.)

Watch a lunar eclipse.

(I did this just the other night! I have the pictures to prove it too!)

Have your portrait painted.

(I had my caricature drawn in Quebec City. Does that count?)

Be able to take compliments.

(YES!!)

Make a wish as you throw a coin into Rome’s Trevi fountain.

(I fell into a fountain once. But it wasn't in Italy. It happened right here in Indianapolis)

Spend the night in a haunted house.

(I think I'm already doing it. But it would be fun to spend the night in an AUTHENTIC haunted house.... with a bunch of friends!)

Write a song.

(I've written several songs, but that was a long time ago, and they were classical (baroque) style songs for the violin and cello and a chamber orchestra.)

Read a book in one sitting.

(I read Stephen King's "Salem's Lot" in one night. I couldn't put it down!)

Milk a cow.

(I tried to milk a bull once! haha. Someone played a joke on me. LONG STORY!!  >:( )

Talk to a stranger on the bus.

(I'm always talking to people I don't know. Can you believe I'm actually a very SHY person?)

Collect something pointless.

(I collected EMPTY beer cans when I was a teenager. Talk about POINTLESS!! One man's garbage...)

Walk in a rain forest.

(I've been to El Yunque rain forest in Puerto Rico. It's the only tropical rain forest in the United States. At least that's what they told us when we were there.)

Make love in a motel room in Wyoming.

(Boy Kerry, if you had named any other state I could have said I did it! I did lots of things in Wyoming (a few of them were illegal too, I think) but I don't think I made love in a motel room while I was there.)

Dive with sharks.

(Huh-uh! Not on your life! I watched Jaws!)

Go on a fishing trip with your sweetie in the Big Horn Mountains.

(You don't want to take me fishing with you! haha. I throw them back! Dad used to drag me on fishing trips when I was little. They would fill a pail with water and put the fish in it. I always dumped the fish back into the lake when they weren't looking. They soon stopped taking me along with them. I'm an animal lover and I can't help it!)

Ride an elephant.

(Not an elephant, but I did ride a camel in Tangier, Morocco. Camels smell bad.  :P  )

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2007, 03:50:22 am »
Go on a fishing trip with your sweetie in the Big Horn Mountains.

(You don't want to take me fishing with you! haha. I throw them back! Dad used to drag me on fishing trips when I was little. They would fill a pail with water and put the fish in it. I always dumped the fish back into the lake when they weren't looking. They soon stopped taking me along with them. I'm an animal lover and I can't help it!)

Gee, you've done lots too, David!  :D

I laughed big time at your above response!  :laugh:  It reminded me of an incident many years ago when I was taking a walk with a friend on a reef near where we were living at the time (you could do so at low tide). We had walked waaay out to the edge of the reef, gazing into the beautiful rock pools teeming with life, when we came across a pool with two very large fish in it. They were clearly distressed and thrashing about. As we thought they must have been trapped by the retreating tide, we picked them up and released them into the deep ocean water off the reef's edge. Alas, it was then that we noticed a very angry fisherman, walking briskly towards us, yelling and shaking his fists as he approached. Apparently we had inadvertently released his catch of the day!  :o

Oops! Oh well, we meant well!  ::)   ;)   :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2007, 12:25:42 pm »
Take the next taxi to the airport and catch the next plane to anywhere.

(Me and a friend once went the airport for no reason and decided to buy roundtrip tickets to Chicago just for the hell of it. It was on Southwest Airlines and the tickets only cost $59.00 round trip. So, we flew to Chicago, spent the night there and flew back the next day. haha. Does that count?)

Run a marathon.

(I've ran the 500 Marathon twice. It starts in downtown Indy, and ends up in Speedway at the race track.)

Ride an elephant.

(Not an elephant, but I did ride a camel in Tangier, Morocco. Camels smell bad.  :P  )

David - the spontaneous plane ride is way cool as is you having done the marathon - twice - ack! a lot of hard work - I'd be blowing my own trumpet with that one a LOT more often - that is hard work there!

and david - rising a camel in tangiers - I've done that in tangiers too! I took a day trip from spain to tangiers in 2004. These pics make me realise I've lost a good amount of weight since there)

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2007, 09:22:17 pm »
David - the spontaneous plane ride is way cool as is you having done the marathon - twice - ack! a lot of hard work - I'd be blowing my own trumpet with that one a LOT more often - that is hard work there!

and david - rising a camel in tangiers - I've done that in tangiers too! I took a day trip from spain to tangiers in 2004. These pics make me realise I've lost a good amount of weight since there)

Great pics, Kelda!  :D

There's another thread here at BetterMost that asks what job you know you could never do. I answered "Abattoir Slaughterman." Can I change that to "Snake Charmer"?!  :o   :laugh:

I was visiting a petting zoo once and a youngun near me copped a large, stinking, glob of green spit, all over the top of his head, from one of the resident camels. He was not impressed!  :P 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2007, 01:34:43 am »
Great pics, Kelda!  :D

There's another thread here at BetterMost that asks what job you know you could never do. I answered "Abattoir Slaughterman." Can I change that to "Snake Charmer"?!  :o   :laugh:

I was visiting a petting zoo once and a youngun near me copped a large, stinking, glob of green spit, all over the top of his head, from one of the resident camels. He was not impressed!  :P 

Eww. Yuck!  :P

Yeah, camels spit. It's terrible. So do llamas. My Mother was spit on by a llama at the zoo once. It totally slimed her!  :laugh:

Dad took a picture of her right after it happened. I wish I knew what happened to that picture. It would be worth scanning that pic and uploading it. God, the expression on her face.... :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2007, 01:46:01 am »

Kelda, that looks exactly like the camel ride I took in Tangiers. Maybe it was the same place. I was in Morocco in 1982. And like you, we went there on a day trip from Spain. We were staying in Marbella, Spain, but we had to drive down to Estepona to catch the hydrofoil to Morocco. We spent the ENTIRE day in Tangiers. We left Spain at 5:30 in the morning, I think. And we didn't get back until around midnight. We almost died on the way back! There were terrible storms that evening, and the Moroccan government was trying to convince our boat captain to remain in Tangiers until morning. But he wanted to get back, so we all boarded the boat and left. Even the big freighters in the port were turning around, but we didn't. We kept going. And I remember the boat didn't "hydrofoil" on the way back either. Big old waves were washing over the top of the boat and everyone was puking. I think I was the only one who didn't get sick, except for Dad. Neither one of us got sick. I'm blessed with a very strong stomach, and I never fall victim to any kind of motion sickness. We finally made it back to Spain, but after we arrived at the port in Estepona, the boat captain admitted we probably should have remained in Tangiers overnight. God, that was a SCARY ride back! I didn't think we would make it!  :laugh:

>:( >:(

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2007, 03:42:51 am »
Seems like these day trips have been going on for years then David!

We went from Tariff to Tangiers. Apparently this is the town where we get the word tariff from as in the olden days you had to pay a fee to get out on the water and over to morocco - hence tariff. 
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/