Author Topic: which scene made you cry ?  (Read 23297 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: which scene made you cry ?
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 12:06:05 pm »
You know, I don't think Jack could possibly have done anything to calm Ennis in that scene. He tried nonchalant. He tried flirtaceous. He tried gentle. But Ennis was just too confused and torn apart for any response to have worked.

Well, maybe he should have tried being a little less cheerful when Ennis rode up and found him dismantling the tent.

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 01:41:07 pm »
Oh, I know! And murmuring "It's all right..." at the same time. Ennis!!! Don't punch him this time!!!! Just let him kiss you, please!!!  :'(

You know, I don't think Jack could possibly have done anything to calm Ennis in that scene. He tried nonchalant. He tried flirtaceous. He tried gentle. But Ennis was just too confused and torn apart for any response to have worked.

I'm not sure, either. I think Ennis's nose connects with Jack's elbow while they're rolling around, but it goes by so fast.

From what I see, it's his knee that comes up and gets him in the nose..of course by accident.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2006, 05:47:52 pm »
In the short story, it's his knee...

I am really weird; I never cry duriong BBM, none of the 26 times in ther theater, or the numerous times I've watfhed my DVD. I cried at

ALL of Jeff Wrangler's "Some Sweet Life"
Leslie's 15th chapter. Hal's death.
The title of Madlori's second story,. "Two Crows Joy." THAT one really eats me up; too bad she's not adding to it.

Whern the children's voices come on the "Focus"--I feel like I'm home again. I remember watching "Henry V" with Rrenee Templeton when I was 12, and saying to her once, "Renee, we're home."

Maybe someday, I'll start shedding buckets of terars in the theater...maybe. Castro, here we come!
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline wolf

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006, 10:01:28 pm »
First viewing - and it wasn't all tears - mostly a welling, moist eyes kind of thing  :P.

when Jack tries to tend to Ennis's wound after the bear incident
'nobody's business but ours'
Ennis's breakdown in alley
Jack's 'lonely' face when dancing with Lureen
reunion (actual serious tears here)
'ain't no reins on this one'
post divorce
'tell you what, truth is'
'I wish I knew how to quit you'
entirety of time in Jack's parents house (serious tears, again)
'he loves you?' said to Alma in trailer
'Jack, I swear'

W

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2006, 12:14:17 am »
Currently, it's the soundtrack that gets to me and makes me get all teary.  Any part of the score usually does it.  But, the part of the score that corresponds with the flashback is enough to make me melt.  Listening to the score on its own just makes all the emotions about the movie really abstract and powerful.
 :'( :'( :'(
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2006, 12:19:35 am »
Currently, it's the soundtrack that gets to me and makes me get all teary.  Any part of the score usually does it.  But, the part of the score that corresponds with the flashback is enough to make me melt.  Listening to the score on its own just makes all the emotions about the movie really abstract and powerful.
 :'( :'( :'(

I love the soundtrack too!  Gives me chills when I listen...

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2006, 12:42:12 pm »
Unbelievable!    I just rented the movie JarHead.     They show a preview for BBM at the beginning.    I started crying just from the preview!      :'(

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2006, 12:46:11 pm »
Unbelievable!    I just rented the movie JarHead.     They show a preview for BBM at the beginning.    I started crying just from the preview!      :'(

OT: Is that the first time you saw Jarhead?

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2006, 12:49:02 pm »
Hi Chris!   Yes, it is my first time.    I haven't watched the whole thing yet.   I missed y'all and had to come back!    ;D

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2006, 02:24:35 pm »
For me, it was the scene when JACK travels miles to see Ennis when he hears that Ennis had got a divorce only to be turned away by Ennis who decided to put his daughters first.The heartbroken look on Jack's face and the tears he wipes as he drives away spoke more than a thousand words could have done.JUST thinking of that scene makes the tears flow...................

Yep you and me both.  When Jack is driving up to see Ennis, totally unanounced, so happy, singing away, by the time he leaves he is completly devastated, and so am I.  When he drove into mexico and picked up that male prostitute, my heart broke for both of them.  For poor Ennis, if he,d have known what Jack was doing, and for Jack, because he did it out of biological need, and because the guy resembled Ennis.  He didnt WANT to sleep with anyone else, it was just pure and simple physical need.  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Always and forever. J&E.xx