Author Topic: [Important Tip!] Make a Contribution (Details of how to contribute in 1st post)  (Read 55469 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Our hosting bill has doubled with the growing traffic on the site.  If you enjoy the service here and have not yet made a contribution, please consider helping us out.  The overwhelming majority of our costs are covered by generous contributions from people just like you.  The advertising income represents only about 5% of the total contributions/income this site receives.

You can contribute by credit card or direct debit via the PayPal Donate link on the far right corner of the screen, just below the Brokeback Mountain Radio logo.  Or you can mail your contribution to:

Phillip M. Dampier
3003 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618-2021

Contributions of any amount are welcomed.  Thanks for helping us out.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 10:54:55 am by Kelda »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
Re: Make a Contribution
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 05:48:35 pm »
BetterMost has introduced a Premium Membership level for those who have made a contribution to the site.  The Premium Membership level gives supporters first access to new features as well as some extras especially for them.  The list of features is growing, and you can feel good that your contribution is helping to keep this site going, along with an ever-expanding number of services for you to enjoy.

I realize not everyone can afford to make a substantial contribution.  Even smaller donations do make a difference, especially if they are made on an ongoing basis.  So do not feel bad if you can only afford to toss a few dollars our way.  The fact that you did is all it takes to get a Premium Membership here.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 11:58:00 pm »

bump!

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 05:44:42 pm »
Just made a contribution today, hope to do so on a more regular basis.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 11:35:31 pm »
Our hosting bill has doubled with the growing traffic on the site.  If you enjoy the service here and have not yet made a contribution, please consider helping us out.  The overwhelming majority of our costs are covered by generous contributions from people just like you.  The advertising income represents only about 5% of the total contributions/income this site receives.

You can contribute by credit card or direct debit via the PayPal Donate link on the far right corner of the screen, just below the Brokeback Mountain Radio logo.  Or you can mail your contribution to:

Phillip M. Dampier
3003 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618-2021

Contributions of any amount are welcomed.  Thanks for helping us out.

for those of us with paranoid complexes... ;D....do you get personal information when we pay thru paypal? and if we were to mail a contribution....can we send money orders?

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 01:42:29 am »
for those of us with paranoid complexes... ;D....do you get personal information when we pay thru paypal? and if we were to mail a contribution....can we send money orders?

I do not see any payment information (credit cards, bank account numbers etc.), but I do see the registration information such as your name and address.  I don't keep any of that around.  Once a contribution has been placed into our account, that information gets deleted.  I don't make any record of it here, and don't use it to contact people.  It's very helpful, however, if users reference their user name here on BetterMost when using Paypal, as often the e-mail addresses and names don't match any user information here and it's very hard to upgrade people when I can't figure out who they are.  :)

Money orders drawn in U.S. dollars are also fine, but you have extremely low risk using Paypal, and I highly recommend it because it's free and secure.  International users, unless you get a postal money order drawn in U.S. funds, the handling and bank fees associated with these checks/money orders means your donation ends up mostly going to the local bank, which charges extra to handle these.  I highly recommend Paypal for international users as well, because you can use your credit or debit card (with recognized symbol - Visa, Mastercard, Access, etc.) and incur no postage or money order fees.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 02:21:24 am »
I popped another $40 to BetterMost yesterday.  Shoot - dinner and a movie cost more than that.  Thanks for keeping the homefires burning for us, Phillip and John.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 02:40:28 am by Ellemeno »

Offline shortfiction

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 01:05:20 am »
I sent a bit; will send more soon.
"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in!"

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator