Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 115510 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 05:54:36 am »
People who pretend to be something/someone they're not, and are blatant about it.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 07:33:27 pm »
I kind of suffer from "Soft Sound Sensibility" - yeah yeah, such a thing exists! Who knew!

I hate noisy eaters, sniffing of the nose, a tab dripping or a door clapping, watch ticking and so on..
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 07:44:42 pm »
People cracking their knuckles!

I do it sometimes, but I hate it when other's do it. Does that make me hypocritical?  :-\
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 08:05:38 pm »
People cracking their knuckles!

I do it sometimes, but I hate it when other's do it. Does that make me hypocritical?  :-\

YES! No... YES? Maybe not..

Funny because I'd be a hypocrite too. I do crack my kncukles a lot (arghh..!), but it makes me jump, when others do it..  :-\
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 08:47:03 pm »

I hate that too David.  I am always telling my grandaughter to !!!STOP THAT!!!   it makes me nuts.  And no i dont do it....

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 08:10:21 pm »

Isn't it weird how the strangest things make us crazy.  Cracking knuckles is one,, the worst one however is snoring...I get so as to be downright dangerous when someone snores loudly....I just want to hit them...that is so wrong,, but it makes me totally insane.          :-\ :-\

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 11:10:41 pm »

Isn't it weird how the strangest things make us crazy.  Cracking knuckles is one,, the worst one however is snoring...I get so as to be downright dangerous when someone snores loudly....I just want to hit them...that is so wrong,, but it makes me totally insane.          :-\ :-\

For some reason I attract heavy sleeping, loud snoring guys. Just about every guy I have been with is both a heavy sleeper and a loud snorer. As hard as I try, I can't wake them up. Both my roommate and my boyfriend rock the house when they sleep. It's terrible. I can actually sit my boyfriend up in bed and not wake him up. And I hate it when they do one of those loud gasping snores. Do you know what I mean? Then they wiggle around a little bit, and the whole snoring process starts all over again. I'll lay there and bend my pillow over my head to block out the noise and I can still hear it. I've had to go downstairs and sleep on the couch because of it. It's awful!  >:(

I know they can't help  it, but GEEZ!!!!  ::)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 11:26:39 pm »
For some reason I attract heavy sleeping, loud snoring guys. Just about every guy I have been with is both a heavy sleeper and a loud snorer. As hard as I try, I can't wake them up. Both my roommate and my boyfriend rock the house when they sleep. It's terrible. I can actually sit my boyfriend up in bed and not wake him up. And I hate it when they do one of those loud gasping snores. Do you know what I mean? Then they wiggle around a little bit, and the whole snoring process starts all over again. I'll lay there and bend my pillow over my head to block out the noise and I can still hear it. I've had to go downstairs and sleep on the couch because of it. It's awful!  >:(

I know they can't help  it, but GEEZ!!!!  ::)

Are they smokers, David? When my country boyf is visiting Sydney, or when I'm visiting him in the country, I always have a great deal of trouble sleeping because of his deafening snoring. I have been known to insert earplugs, which doesn't exactly make for a romantic ambience!  ::)  But then again, nor does his snoring.  >:(  And as in your situation, he is also a very deep sleeper. And a thrasher, too! It's a wonder I haven't woken up with a black eye on some occasions.  8)  I've copped those bony elbows of his in my face on more than one occasion! He's a smoker and I thought that may have had something to do with his snoring.  :-\  I'm told that I don't snore.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 11:50:53 pm »

My husband is a snorer.. didnt used to be, but now he is..he doesnt smoke, but he used to..we tried every thing but no avail...so now we have separate rooms...the dog sleeps with him, and i am alone...ok by me
       It was either that or go to prison for murder...I would get so dang tired I would want to hit him...I got tired of sleeping on the couch..
       I did the ear plugs, and the pillow over my head.. I also turned on the fan,, but eventually it got so loud that even the fan didnt drown it out......yukkkkk

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 12:00:50 am »
Are they smokers, David? When my country boyf is visiting Sydney, or when I'm visiting him in the country, I always have a great deal of trouble sleeping because of his deafening snoring. I have been known to insert earplugs, which doesn't exactly make for a romantic ambience!  ::)  But then again, nor does his snoring.  >:(  And as in your situation, he is also a very deep sleeper. And a thrasher, too! It's a wonder I haven't woken up with a black eye on some occasions.  8)  I've copped those bony elbows of his in my face on more than one occasion! He's a smoker and I thought that may have had something to do with his snoring.  :-\  I'm told that I don't snore.  :)

Hi Kerry!  :D

Alex smokes occassionally, but he's not a heavy smoker. He just smokes every now and then. Cory (my roommate) doesn't smoke, and both are extremely heavy sleepers and loud snorers. I've been told I don't snore either Kerry. I am a very light sleeper, and I get up quite often during the night, if I go to bed at all. I only require a few hours of sleep anyway. I've always been like this, even as a little kid, I would get up during the night and go watch TV or something. I got in BIG trouble when mom and dad caught me doing it too! They'd say "GET YOUR ASS BACK IN BED!" But I couldn't help it. It's boring just laying there most of the night. I just don't need much sleep.