Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 116235 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2009, 02:54:50 pm »
People who bitch about money and the price of something but go on with their expensive life-styles.

I was reading in this magazine about the cost of clergy in this new religion.  She was complaining about how she could just barely afford reading material.  She joined a religious group and then complained that the workshops and other classes were just too expensive for her...then in her next few lines goes on to say how she then had two children!

Um, she's supposedly living on the edge of her expenses, can barely afford a book, can't afford additional learning in her new religion, yet she can  afford pre-natal care, hospitalization for births and the care and feeding of two children for the next 18 years?  ??? ::)

Another pet-peeve, parents who say they're too busy and stressed out with "all" that they have to do in their lives.  So I asked one married lady with two children what was keeping her so stressed and busy.

Answer?  All her kids' extracurricular activities.

I responded, "So take them out."

She was like "What?"

(Her children are very young 5 and 8 years)

I said,"Take them out of soccer and ballet and church groups and skating and just let them play with their friends in the backyard.  You cut expenses and running around and you get to stay home with your family.  See?  No stress."

She looked at me like I was crazy and walked away.  So basically she makes herself busy, then complains about it.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2009, 06:46:26 pm »
I would not want to be a member of that new religion, Dela!! Amen!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2009, 08:09:31 pm »
I would not want to be a member of that new religion, Dela!! Amen!!

It's actually quite a nice one.  The clergy only earn money from their workshops.  They have no big mother church or large organization that pays their salaries.  They earn a partial living from their teaching these workshops and otherwise have no overhead but they have to have other jobs because unlike Scientologists or Moonies or other big religions the followers of this religion are pretty fluid, so the money can't be depended on.  There is no tithing.  There are no big buildings that need to be upkept by their followers, no fleet of buses that ship hordes of followers off to missions or camps for the children.  It's basically grassroot level religion.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2009, 10:06:00 pm »
I am peeved when I wear my spiffy cowboy boots but the tops don't show because they are covered up by my jeans or pants!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2009, 05:12:34 am »
People cracking their knuckles!

I do it sometimes, but I hate it when other's do it. Does that make me hypocritical?  :-\

DAvid!! You'd end up hating me! I crack my knuckles ALL the time - IO dont even realise I'm doing it.. i also rack my toes, my knees my ankles... but I'm sure you'd love me anyway.. right!?

;)

Oh and my pet peeve - people who leave the stickers on the sole of their shoes.. GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2009, 08:46:51 am »
DAvid!! You'd end up hating me! I crack my knuckles ALL the time - IO dont even realise I'm doing it.. i also rack my toes, my knees my ankles... but I'm sure you'd love me anyway.. right!?

;)

Oh and my pet peeve - people who leave the stickers on the sole of their shoes.. GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

lmao!

I crack my knuckles as well, Kelda

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2009, 08:55:59 am »
I am peeved when I wear my spiffy cowboy boots but the tops don't show because they are covered up by my jeans or pants!

So tuck your pants into your boots.  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2015, 05:29:57 pm »
I'm reviving this thread, not just because it's Throwback Thursday but because I realized a behavior that peeves me very much. Have you ever noticed there are certain people you call who never answer their phone? Never! So you have to leave a message every time. And then, five minutes later, they call you. You answer, and they say "This is so-and-so." And then they don't say anything and that's when you realize that they didn't listen to your message and you are going to have to repeat it over again! Why do such people even have voicemail?  :P

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2015, 08:31:44 pm »
My biggest pet peeve is people writing should of instead of should have or should've. Aaargh! It's so rampant that I'm sure it will soon be accepted.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2015, 10:24:57 pm »
We must hold the line against the 'ofs' of the world, Gil! Don't get me started on pronunciation and grammatical pet peeves! I'm overrun with them!

Now that I live by myself, I have escaped from a pet peeve in the kitchen: having to scoop all the bits of food and trash out of the left side of the sink and put it in the right side of the sink where there's a garbage disposal. I used to have to do this several times a day, but no more! (unless you count the times I do it over at my daughter's house, where I hang out two afternoons a week.)