Author Topic: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...  (Read 342812 times)

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
Re: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2008, 01:59:34 am »
It really feels that a close friend has died.  This is not unusual (for me) to mourn like this.  And the timing...  I made vows as a Benedictine Monk in 1979.  Last November 1st, I celebrated my 28th anniversary.   My Birthday is February 28.  I was born in 1954 and will be 54 in February.  Heath Ledger was born in 1979 and died at 28 in 2008.  I find it astounding (but not unusual) that a person was born, grew up, changed my life, and is now dead with the years matching my monastic life.  I'm glad I had my near-death experience because I know he is in a far better place and realizes exactly what "Brokeback Mountain" has done and will continue to do as long as Motion Pictures exist.  He is 'closer' to us now than he was when he was alive. And then there is the really weird (but not unusual) feeling that Jack and Ennis have reunited and their unending love will rock some parallel Universe.

He died on January 22nd, the eve of my second anniversary of viewing the film in a theater.  That night, I started the film at 11:30PM so I could be watching it when my anniversary rolled around.  I've never enjoyed it more.

SO, I send up 'a prayer of thanks' and close with a screen-cap of Ennis doing the same thing.  I recognize the ecstasy..  I've been there...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:36:14 am by Br. Patrick »
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

injest

« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2008, 08:58:55 am »
I need some catharsis so.. for what it's worth...

In another parallel existence these characters whose lives have become so alive to us live again.  At first it was just Ennis just appearing in Jack’s dreams, Ennis as he had first seen him that crucial moment when his beat up truck pulled up outside Aguirre’s trailer and they discovered what that summer would hold for them.  Ennis, introducing himself to the man who would forever change their lives. Jack, remembering that first electric moment when their hands touched.  Jack had found himself back on the Mountain with only a fair recollection of how he had reached there.  He was wearing his Blue Corduroy Shirt but found the weather perfect and kept himself occupied with whiskey springs and the wildlife, especially the bluebirds, with their awesome song.  Although he had everything he needed he didn’t feel complete until that one day someone familiar rode up to meet him.  It was Ennis, wearing his Yellow Plaid Shirt and looking young and perky.  They settled down and are still there.  They have no possibility of boredom so every night they experience the power of love that brought them to Brokeback Mountain in the first place.  There’s plenty to eat and they never tire of the unending supply of BetterMost Beans.

Thanks for letting me do this...

while looking for something else yesterday I found this Youtube video Fritz had made on Brokenback Moutain in Wyoming. It is of Rodney reading one of my stories....I did not know they had done it and it was a surprise...but also an odd coincidence I would find it now after so long....

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16631.msg323722.html#msg323722

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2008, 12:16:45 pm »
while looking for something else yesterday I found this Youtube video Fritz had made on Brokenback Mountain in Wyoming. It is of Rodney reading one of my stories....I did not know they had done it and it was a surprise...but also an odd coincidence I would find it now after so long....

I can't quite see the screen through my tears...   You have to post it again in words  - anywhere on BetterMost.   It is SO poignant.   I am speechless...

But I don't believe in coincidences, these days I believe in miracles...

injest

« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2008, 12:25:11 pm »
I can't quite see the screen through my tears...   You have to post it again in words  - anywhere on BetterMost.   It is SO poignant.   I am speechless...

But I don't believe in coincidences, these days I believe in miracles...

thank YOU...I am not comfortable with my writing, dont' feel like I am in the same league as the other writers here..but I try..

Posted it here

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16663.0.html

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2008, 12:33:56 pm »
thank YOU...I am not comfortable with my writing, dont' feel like I am in the same league as the other writers here..but I try..

Other's try - you succeeded~!  And you caught me.  I was looking at some Fan-Art Milli had made after posting the cathartic story.  Jack's shirt is DENIM and it has been corrected..  THANKS~!

{{{Cyberhugs}}}  RIP Heath

br. p

PS, have I told you that your story has me crying like a baby?   Tears of pure joy..  I wish that somehow it could be added to the film...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #225 on: January 27, 2008, 12:46:26 pm »
Br. Patrick,

Just to let you know (publicly) that your words have comforted me so much. You never know what will get through to whom, so I'm glad there are so many different people at Bettermost who offer words of comfort and advice. While some help one person, others help another. I'm sure you have done a service to all of us Brokies by letting us in on the spiritual revelations that you've experienced over the past week. I am so grateful to you. You have helped me move toward peace in my heart.

{{{{{{{{{{BR. Patrick}}}}}}}}}}
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #226 on: January 27, 2008, 02:32:22 pm »
Br. Patrick,
Just to let you know (publicly) that your words have comforted me so much.

Thanks for doing this (publicly, which took courage) because it matters to me to have the people who keep up with this thread know what is really going on with each of us on our own journeys.

Your 'comfort' has been returned to me a hundred-fold..  That's how it works~!   You just can't outgive the One Who Is~!

{{{{{{{{Shasta}}}}}}}}  RIP Heath    :-*

Love,
br. p
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:34:11 am by Br. Patrick »

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2008, 12:09:47 pm »
To Daniel via Milli, Sharon Amber and US...

This one is great - Milli!

Which one can not hold,
one should release!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2008, 01:25:22 pm »

Hey my dear friend.  I am so thankful to have you to visit, and sit on your porch.  Kick back and
have a cyber cup of coffee with.  I cant have the real thing because i gave that up, in solidarity with
Scott stopping smoking.  But a cyber cup would be ok.  Maybe it will be one of those things like
sugar, it transforms everything into a special treat when it is added.  Maybe that is what coffee from
cyber space becomes.  A healthy wonderous thing......but i digress
     Thank you for being there for all of us.  Me and my friends.  I love you, dear dear man. 

janice
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 03:02:28 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2008, 02:50:57 pm »

Hey friend, I am missing you around here.  I hope you are doing well.  And please
don't worry yourself about the things you dint feel up to doing.  Do what you wish,
and to heck with the rest.
        You are a joy and an inspiration, and don't ever feel any different.  We need you
here and know that you are tired and its sometimes difficult to do other than the regular
everyday stuff.
        O how sorry i am to have asked you to do something that is hard on. you to do.
I will remember better from now on.  I hope you are well now........i am hoping you are
ok .. let me know how you are doing.  I feel responsible for you feeling badly.
                                                              friend forever.      janice
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 03:04:03 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind