Author Topic: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk  (Read 148596 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2008, 08:27:03 am »
I've started to use Burt's Bees oil the past few years - the whole name is Burt's Bee's Vitamin E Bath & Body oil.  It's for general moisturizing, but I rub it on my face, with a few additional drops around the eyes, after showering.  If you do that before toweling off and apply it to damp skin, your skin absorbs it very fast and it has a nice fresh lemony scent. 

I have used some of Burt's Bees products, but never that particular one. I'll have to try that one next. I have some of the hand and lip balms, and I like them.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2008, 10:38:47 pm »
I only ever use "soap" and water to clean my face where "soap" = a soap-free cleanser, ie no nasty drying fake foaming agents.  I use it with a muslin face flannel so can scrub a little & there's no problem getting mascara off but I don't use the waterproof, smudgeproof all-singing all-dancing kinds!  A good mascara made from natural/organic products is Dr Hauschka's - it is the most clump free I've ever encountered. 
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2008, 08:37:50 pm »
Front-Ranger!

I have been using the Boots Botanic Vitamin Recovery Mask, and I love it!!

It does make my skin brighter and I think that helps my dark circles appear less pronounced!

If I'd use it every nite, it would really help, but I skip nites sometimes -- just because -- I don't know why. I don't have a routine, I guess.

THANKS!!!! for the good advice! To Lee and everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2008, 08:38:23 pm »
Thanks for the advice about mascara a while back Buds. :)

OK, so, now I have an almost ridiculously girlie question.  This weekend I really need to go bra shopping.  It's really time for me to invest in a few new bras, but I absolutely loathe this type of shopping trip.  I tend to put this errand off as long as possible.  So, my question is... I've read in magazines and seen on T.V. here and there the recommendation that it's a good idea to get a professional fitting done at a nice store (at least one time to get a good and accurate idea of your real size).  Has anyone had a professional fitting before?  And, if so, is it worth it?  To me, it sounds almost mind-numbingly embarassing or awkward.  But, I'd really be curious to know if it would be worth the effort.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2008, 08:42:00 pm »
I have had a professional fitting before, but it has been YEARS ago!!! So things have changed -- a lot.

It was for a certain brand of bra and a lady came to our work to do the fittings. The thought of it was more embarrassing than the actual measuring/fitting which wasn't at all awkward. The lady was very business-like and matter-of-fact.

I remember that I really liked the bra (do not remember the brand) and I think it was worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Proud wolf in human clothing.
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2008, 10:10:15 pm »

OK, so, now I have an almost ridiculously girlie question.  This weekend I really need to go bra shopping.  It's really time for me to invest in a few new bras, but I absolutely loathe this type of shopping trip.  I tend to put this errand off as long as possible.  So, my question is... I've read in magazines and seen on T.V. here and there the recommendation that it's a good idea to get a professional fitting done at a nice store (at least one time to get a good and accurate idea of your real size).  Has anyone had a professional fitting before?  And, if so, is it worth it?  To me, it sounds almost mind-numbingly embarassing or awkward.  But, I'd really be curious to know if it would be worth the effort.

The idea of getting a bra fitted doesn't really bother me these days. Well a little, but thats only because I'm self conscious. But, the idea reminds me of when I had to get an ecg done. Had to take my shirt off and my bra. Then lie on a table and have these stickie things put on me. Although, I didn't actually mind as the woman (who was very professional by the way) was quite attractive, so I was too distracted to be self conscious. Heh heh.

Now I'm off back to my Language and Creative Arts class.

Sincerely, Kat.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2008, 10:23:53 pm »

I think it would be worth the effort if you are not happy with the bras that you have purchased recently.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2008, 11:12:28 pm »

I was seriously thinking about getting a professional fitting myself.  I do recommend you go get one.  I'm sure you'll find it very helpful. 

It's up to you, but I doubt I'd find it embarrassing.  I've been getting mammograms for sometime now - not only do you have to go topless in front of the tech, she gets to haul your breasts around into strange and unnatural positions to be squished.

injest

« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2008, 11:23:19 pm »
I was seriously thinking about getting a professional fitting myself.  I do recommend you go get one.  I'm sure you'll find it very helpful. 

It's up to you, but I doubt I'd find it embarrassing.  I've been getting mammograms for sometime now - not only do you have to go topless in front of the tech, she gets to haul your breasts around into strange and unnatural positions to be squished.

not exactly the most erotic experience is it....

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2008, 11:34:47 pm »

Good point. At least the bra fitter isn't going to twist your breasts around and mash them into pancake-flat proportions. Or, if she does, you know that's a bra that REALLY doesn't fit.  ;D

For a bra-fitting-lite, go to Victoria's Secret. They just fling a tape measurer around you a couple of times fully clothed, and give you a size, which is based on the ratio between your bust at the widest point and around your ribcage. Then they give you a bin full of bras in that size to try on. You go into the dressing room, try on the styles you like, figure out which fits best, then go out and buy however many in that style in whatever colors. I find it really convenient, and their bras are pretty good. And of course once you know your size and style you can buy replacements online.

It's SO much better than buying bras in a department store, where you have to keep going back with all kinds of different brands and sizes and styles, most of which don't fit -- and then when you're done, fit the straps back into those teeny little hangers.