Author Topic: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk  (Read 147685 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2008, 03:40:24 pm »
What I never really understood was why it seemed necessary to wax off most/all of one's eyebrows just to use a pencil to fill them back in again.  I guess that was back in the day when skinny eyebrows were the 'in-thing'...  ?

Yes. I have a friend who has skinny eyebrows dating back to the early '70s, which never fully grew back in.

Mine are getting sparse only now that I'm 50. But so is most of my hair elsewhere. Even the hair on my head, though not noticeably thin yet, does not grow long in certain places. It just stops growing, the way eyelashes only get to a certain length and then stop. Very frustrating.

I also knew very early on that I didn't want any kids. When I was a child I used to think I fantacized about having 12 kids

I was the opposite of this. Never wanted kids as a child, never played with babydolls, just had no interest in maternity at all. I felt the same way throughout my teens and even my 20s.

But in my mid-30s, I decided to give it a shot. For me, it felt like part of the human experience I didn't want to pass up.

So I had two. And raising them has been much, much harder than I ever envisioned (to be honest, it's much much harder with my particular two than it is for most parents I know). Still, I've never regretted it. Not for a second. Not even on the worst days.

But that's just me. Everyone is different, and my experiences don't t necessarily say anything about anyone else's.

BTW, if anyone is interested, Salon ran a series a couple of years ago called "Maybe Baby," in which writers on all sides of the issue discussed their choices to have or not to have. Later, it was published as a book.

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2008, 03:56:18 pm »
One of the benefits of waxing is that if you do it regularly, the hair gradually stops growing back.  I waxed my legs during the 1970s and most of the 1980s, and all I have to remove now is a very thin strip of hairs on the front.  The rest just stopped growing back.  Now I just use a little disposable razor; there's so little hair to remove that waxing isn't really necessary.

Don't know this for a medical fact, but hair on eyebrows seems to "give up" pretty early on.

The problem I have with legs is that I'm on warfarin, which makes life complicated in all sorts of ways. With razors I have to be very  careful because unless they're new (and even then it can be a bit dodgy) I usually end up with nicks all over the place, and the the shorter the hairs are, the worse it is. Of course being on warfarin, even tiny cuts bleed for a lot longer than normal. Waxing and epilators etc. are out because they cause bruising around the pores, again due to the warfarin, and though for a while I did switch to the depilatory creams, last year I had a bad reaction to one of them and ended up with a rash on my legs for weeks, and I haven't dared use any of them since then.

At one point I did try out the Epicare, which is based on the old technique of 'threading' but is much less painful. It's quite good for facial hair, but no good for large areas like legs, but again I had problems with bruising with it due to the warfarin. *sigh*

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2008, 06:26:05 pm »
On the subject of hair removal...

Has anyone ever tried Nad's No heat Wax

I've seen it on infomercials and the shopping channels, etc.
It claims to be an all-natural product with super hair removal results (well, they all claim that). 
I am curious - anyone here tried it?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2008, 07:09:39 pm »
never even heard of it.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2008, 08:11:30 pm »
On the subject of hair removal...

Has anyone ever tried Nad's No heat Wax

I've seen it on infomercials and the shopping channels, etc.
It claims to be an all-natural product with super hair removal results (well, they all claim that). 
I am curious - anyone here tried it?

No.  It's more expensive than just regular microwave wax, so I've never tried it.  It has an unfortunate name seeing as the contraction for gonads in slang is ''nads'.

It's bizarre what people get asked.

I don't think I've ever had anyone ask me if I had kids except doctors.   What my religion is is another question I've only been asked twice in my life, though I've read on other boards how people get asked these two questions quite frequently.  Bizarre.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2008, 08:20:07 pm »
It has an unfortunate name seeing as the contraction for gonads in slang is ''nads'.

reminds me of a diet "candy" that was supposed to be an appetite suppresant, called AYDS.

Not long after it hit the market, the AIDS epidemic started to make news.

The advertisement at the time was ....."I lost weight, when I got AYDS!"

:o

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2008, 09:39:40 pm »
Yep....we use the term "nads" here sometimes too....

Reminds me of a greyhound that used to run.....who had been neutered......

His name was NO NADS....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #207 on: October 29, 2008, 09:51:34 pm »
Yep....we use the term "nads" here sometimes too....

His name was NO NADS....

::) ::) ::)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #208 on: October 29, 2008, 09:57:06 pm »

His name was NO NADS....

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline shortfiction

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2008, 10:35:10 pm »
I just survived the Cowboy Doctor exam again the other day.  Thank goodness I took a Tylenol before they did it.
It took some doing, because apparently I have.................
get ready for a direct quote.....................................
"a shy cervix."

Well, who'd a thunk it?

"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in!"