Author Topic: Favorite Childhood Memories  (Read 24826 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Favorite Childhood Memories
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 10:22:06 pm »
Oh yeah, I definitely know of the Outer Limits and the Alfred Hitchcock Show. Both of those are great  :) I'm not sure if I know of Sky King. Did they use to jump out of the plane? And Dennis the Menace, I remember watching that after school and eating a peanut butter sandwich and chocolate milk.

David, you have to find that oven since we are all coming to Indy for cakes and brownies. If you don't find it what will you cook them on  ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 11:17:02 pm »
Oh yeah, I definitely know of the Outer Limits and the Alfred Hitchcock Show. Both of those are great  :) I'm not sure if I know of Sky King. Did they use to jump out of the plane? And Dennis the Menace, I remember watching that after school and eating a peanut butter sandwich and chocolate milk.

David, you have to find that oven since we are all coming to Indy for cakes and brownies. If you don't find it what will you cook them on  ;)

WHAT?? MORE COMPANY??!!!! I just cooked for 14 people yesterday!!  :laugh:

Well, if you do show up, I'll bake some cookies, cakes and brownies in my regular oven. No more baking with a light bulb for me!  :P :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 08:07:21 am »
But then David they would not have that special light bulb flavor  :)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 09:55:49 am »
Wow! I love this thread!
Seeing the wylers funny face mixes! I loved those growing up. I still have some of the cups you could get from saving the pouches and sending them in! Jiffy pop was a treat we had on nights when a special came on tv like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or Wizard of Oz or any of the holiday specials.
I loved yoo-hoo and still have one every now and then. My daughter really loves it.
Does anyone remember fizzies? I think the commercial said somthing about having a fizzy party. It was like a Kool-aide but in an effevescent tablet like an alka seltzer. You would drop it in yor glass of water and it would fiz and color and flavor your drink. I loved watching scary movies when I was a kid. Gave myself nightmares! There was one about a pool that was filled with acid and a lady went for a night swim and jumped in and, well you can guess what happened. I think it may have been a night gallery episode I'm not sure. To this day I will never just jump in a pool ecspecially at night without sticking my foot in first! LOL
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 06:39:27 pm »
I remember us having Jiffy Pop on special nights too. Speaking of the Wizard of Oz, it seems like it used to come on like on a year and was a big occasion. It does seem like I remember fizzies. I remember something like that, but I can't place it for sure. Hey, what happens to your foot if it is a pool of acid  ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 06:50:28 pm »
Does anyone remember fizzies? I think the commercial said somthing about having a fizzy party. It was like a Kool-aide but in an effevescent tablet like an alka seltzer. You would drop it in yor glass of water and it would fiz and color and flavor your drink. I loved watching scary movies when I was a kid. Gave myself nightmares! There was one about a pool that was filled with acid

*David raises his hand*

I remember those!  :D

They tasted like carbonated Kool-Aid. Ours never made it into a pitcher of water though. I'd steal them, sneak them into my room and lick them! haha. I guess I liked the feeling of the bubbles on my tongue. I've said it over and over on here, and I'll say it again.... I was a weird kid!  :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2007, 06:59:49 pm »
I remember us having Jiffy Pop on special nights too. Speaking of the Wizard of Oz, it seems like it used to come on like on a year and was a big occasion. It does seem like I remember fizzies. I remember something like that, but I can't place it for sure. Hey, what happens to your foot if it is a pool of acid  ;)

Yup!  :D

It only came on once a year. And we didn't have any VCRs back then to tape it if we wouldn't be home when the show came on.

Offline Bucky

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2007, 05:38:01 am »
I can remember Sky King.  Maybe I saw some of the reruns instead of the show itself.  It was like a modern day western with the star of the show using an airplane to track down the bad guys or searching for someone who was lost.  Sky King was a decent TV show as I remember it.

I also remember Shock Watch that came on WSAZ-TV Channel 3 in Huntington, WVA on saturday nights after the news and weather about 11:30 PM.  The host of the show would come out of his coffin to get the movies started. Shock Watch always had the old horror film classics.  Some of the movies I remember from Shock Watch were: Dracula with Bela Lugosi, The Mummy, Daughter of Dracula, House of Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.  My brother and myself were allowed to stay up until 2 AM on saturday night which was about the time that Shock Watch went off the air.

Offline lonelyinbbm

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2007, 07:32:41 pm »
How many of you had a V-RROOM attached to your bicycle? I did! I asked for one for Christmas. I don't think I had it on my bicycle for more than 3 months before Dad ripped it off my bike and threw it away! It drove him nuts. So, after that, I resorted to attaching playing cards to my bike spokes to make those cool motor sounds!  :laugh:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0dK42wOOA[/youtube]

Thats interesting David.  My kids must have fallen into the gap because I never heard of that gadget.  I'm kinda glad too. ::)

Offline lonelyinbbm

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2007, 07:37:19 pm »
This isn't exactly one of my favorite childhood memories, but who could EVER forget that "Flintstones" commercial?

It played for years, and I remember seeing it on TV all the time when I was a kid. I won't even tell you what it's about. You'll just have to watch the commercial and see for yourself. But it sure is a blast from the past for those of us old enough to remember it!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7voOuURHTvE[/youtube]

Isn't that just amazing that cigarette ads accompanied children's programming.  Not that The Flintstones was only for kids, but primarily I think.