Author Topic: Help Jack and Ennis with their Wardrobe and camping supplies  (Read 12993 times)

TJ

I subscribe to International Male and Undergear by email and snail mail. I became familiar with International Male when I went to the IM store in West Hollywood when I lived in North Hollywood and I did buy a few things there.

Because of the popularity of Brokeback Mountain, IM has sort of cashed in on creating some western style clothing which Jack and Ennis might have worn. So far, the only actual connection is that IM sells a Del Mar belt and a short-sleeved western shirt with trailer appliques on it.

Here are the link to the IM and Undergear catalogs online.

http://www.internationalmale.com/default.asp

http://www.undergear.com/default.asp

I also get other catalogs in the mail which are sort of complete outfitters. Cabelas sells almost everything a rugged outdoorsman might need. It even offers lodge/cabin home furnishings as well as clothing and camping gear.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/home/home.jsp

TJ

Re: Help Jack and Ennis with their Wardrobe and camping supplies
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 11:05:38 am »
Two IM items which were mentioned in the OP:

Western Trailer Shirt - Frontier-bound with classic Western style and cool “on the road” emblems at the shoulders. Flap pockets, snap front closure. Woven cotton plaid. Machine wash. Imported.

Del Mar Belt - Oval metal buckle with turquoise accent and silver beads around the edge. Soft, distressed leather. Imported. The belt is being worn by the model.

TJ

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 11:54:32 am »
Wouldn't this outfit make it easier for Jack to be the camp cook? He could use it almost anywhere.

Product Description Wish you could take the complete organization and cleanliness of your kitchen at home with you on your next camping, fishing or hunting trip? Well, now you can. With our new Camper's Kitchen, camp cooking takes on a whole new meaning, letting you create meals with virtually all the workspace and conveniences found in your own kitchen. And best of all, since it folds down and packs into its included 42" x 26" x 14" Cordura® nylon carry bag, it's compact enough to stow virtually anywhere - the campsite, lakeshore or hunting shack. Lightweight yet strong tubular aluminum frame offers quick, easy setup and takedown without sacrificing strength. Three oversized table tops create plenty of stable, level space for preparing meals, cleaning fish or game and organizing dinnerware. The center table top effortlessly removes to expose a PVC sink with drain so washing pots, pans and utensils after the meal is quick and easy. Weather-resistant, removable hanging pantries with zippered front openings under the left- and right-side table tops are ideal for storing everything from paper plates and plastic silverware to canned goods or dry ingredients. Plus, each has sturdy carry handles for easy stowing. Dual overhead lantern hangers ensure plenty of light for early morning or late-evening preparations. And a folding spice shelf complete with S-hooks not only keeps seasonings close at hand, but coffee cups, mixing spoons, spatulas and tongs as well.

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 09:32:56 am »
No cowboy, or mountain cruiser should plan a trip without a cool hat.
or warm hat in the case of Jack.  I couldn't find a quilted hat that would make Jack feel as warm as Mexico.

Here are some hats, economical enough for Ennis and stylish too.

http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/page/H/CTGY/western_hats

Jack might appreciate this fur XXXX Cowboy hat

He could always wear a cotton bandana under it during cold times.
Visit
http://www.hatcountry.com/catalog/default.php/cPath/21

Once we have the right hat, underwear and cooking equipment, then we can get some jeans, boots, etc.  There must be some nice long socks like Ennis wore, in a catalog somewhere.

don't forget the booze - any recommendations ?
 mmm ...   now for a nice ice storm coat ..  mmm
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:35:25 am by Toast »

TJ

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 03:23:36 pm »
From Cabela's online catalog -- some warm underwear the guys could have worn.

TJ

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 03:30:06 pm »
Oh, I recommend the longjohns (union suit) in the pic below. I bought one just like it from Cabela's.

TJ

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 03:31:41 pm »
You are a great help, Toast. Thanks!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 11:02:44 pm »
Really love that hat (or is it the model?) Toast

And only $59 american

Was tempted!
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

TJ

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 02:33:54 am »
I have these suspenders and I do recommend them, Jack and Ennis! I bought the PBR Jeans at the same time!

NOCONA LEATHER SUSPENDERS - NATURAL 

Basketweave suspenders from Nocona. Durable leather construction suitable for work or play. Adjusts at buckles and in the back. Swivel clasps lock onto belt loops. Price:  $34.00 

http://www.drysdales.com

PBR® Slim Fit Jean

• Style #28PBR
• Fit Five Pocket Jean.
• PBR Woven Waistband Label.
• 100% Cotton Heavyweight Denim 3x1 Twill Denim.
• Available in waist sizes 27-42, Inseams from 30 to 38

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 04:47:01 am »
Two IM items which were mentioned in the OP:

Western Trailer Shirt - Frontier-bound with classic Western style and cool “on the road” emblems at the shoulders. Flap pockets, snap front closure. Woven cotton plaid. Machine wash. Imported.

Del Mar Belt - Oval metal buckle with turquoise accent and silver beads around the edge. Soft, distressed leather. Imported. The belt is being worn by the model.

Yowee!  If that man walked into my trailer, do you know how long the clothes would last?!
~A good general knows when to retreat~