Author Topic: Help Jack and Ennis with their Wardrobe and camping supplies  (Read 13000 times)

Offline CoyotePiper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Help Jack and Ennis with their Wardrobe and camping supplies
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 10:56:25 am »
Come on now, that trailor shirt is awful, who would ever wear such a thing? Combine it with the gaudy touquoise belt buckle and you have a walking disaster.

Carson Cressley, where are you when we need you?

The only place you could get away with that ensemble is at a BBM theme party at some West Village gay watering hole.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 11:06:40 am by CoyotePiper »

moremojo

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 11:03:30 am »
Oh, I recommend the longjohns (union suit) in the pic below. I bought one just like it from Cabela's.

I've always wanted a pair of longjohns (union suit), such as pictured here (though I always saw mine being white in color). Maybe that will be my Christmas gift to myself.

Scott

Offline CoyotePiper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 11:11:02 am »
I've always wanted a pair of longjohns (union suit), such as pictured here (though I always saw mine being white in color). Maybe that will be my Christmas gift to myself.

Scott

This model has been around a long time no? I'd say this photo is at least 20 years old. I'd guess the model is pushing 60 in real life. He's been modeling clothes since early 80's.

moremojo

Re: Forever young
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 12:00:39 pm »
This model has been around a long time no? I'd say this photo is at least 20 years old. I'd guess the model is pushing 60 in real life. He's been modeling clothes since early 80's.
I'm not familiar with him myself. Whatever his real age, he'll remain forever young (cue Joan Baez song) in such images as these.

Cheers,
Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:33:09 pm by moremojo »

TJ

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 05:26:27 pm »

The model in that pic in the union suit is in THE picture in the latest online edition of the Cabela's catalog! I actually went to the Cabela's website to get it!

I get the Cabela's catalogs in regular mail, too. I even have a Cabela's Club Visa Card; but, I used it mostly to buy stuff from Drysdale's Western Wear. Both Cabela's and Drysdales are sponsors of PBR rodeos and bull riders.

Offline CoyotePiper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 11:47:52 pm »
Here's a pic of the front entryway of our favorite outdoor outfitter, Cabela's.  LL Bean better watch out. This pic is in Lehi, Utah near SLC and not too far from Ennis's boyhood home in Sage, WY. (Did Brigham Young pick a nice home or what?)

TJ

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2006, 02:55:47 am »
Here's a pic of the front entryway of our favorite outdoor outfitter, Cabela's.  LL Bean better watch out. This pic is in Lehi, Utah near SLC and not too far from Ennis's boyhood home in Sage, WY. (Did Brigham Young pick a nice home or what?)

Great view! Thanks!

I used to get the LL Bean catalog; but, it was too yuppie for me.

A PBR Logo Hat

Offline CoyotePiper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 06:34:14 pm »
I used to get the LL Bean catalog; but, it was too yuppie for me.

Perhaps...

I live sort of near LL Bean and have been in the main store in Freeport Maine several time. It is essentially the equivalent of Cabela's. Cabela's has a more extensive retail presence while Bean is more mail order oriented. Both of the main stores are destinations in their own right. You could easily make a getaway weekend out of a trip to Freeport, or Cabela's. Plus both retailors have a long history and a long tradition. Both in a way define what it is to be an American.

Both cater to the hard core outdoor enthusiast, although I believe Cabela's is more traditional oriented with hunting, fishing. Bean is too of course but also caters to the bicycle, mountaineering, snowsports crowd.

Cabela's has one of the neatest, not-to-be-missed,  in store aquariums where they stock the native fish you are likely to catch. (and which they are all too happy to sell you the equipment to do so.) ANd of course you can't beat Cabela's denim jeans.

Offline DecaturTxCowboy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 07:50:35 pm »
Here's a pic of the front entryway of our favorite outdoor outfitter, Cabela's. 

Cabela has a Weed Eater powered margarita mixer for them tailgate parties...so I'm thinkng that I got a 120 Volt power take off in my truck and garbage disposal to chip the ice.
Take it like a man - steady and strong, not a lot of fuss and carring on.  True to a promise, I can ride in any storm.  So bend over and take it like a man...Too much of a good thing is a good thing.

TJ

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 07:54:37 pm »
Cabela has a Weed Eater powered margarita mixer for them tailgate parties...so I'm thinkng that I got a 120 Volt power take off in my truck and garbage disposal to chip the ice.

That's a funny! Cowboy! Cabela's does have for real motorized stuff which one could find as regular kitchen and bar appliances.