Author Topic: What is the reason you chose your Avatar?  (Read 19803 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: What is the reason you chose your Avatar?
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 02:09:01 pm »
Because all the others I tried came out too tiny and dark.  This (the tree and sunset one, for posterity, after I've moved on to another) was the first one I was satisfied with.  And it reminds me of us (the branches), and nature (Our Film), and the beautiful melancholy of sunset (Our Film's tender, sweet yet tragic blissfulness).  Something like that.

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 02:11:57 pm »
YES DeeDee - As you know, I even sent you a PM about it!

Love it.

And latjoreme - That is one of my favorite Ennis pics - probably cause that is where Jack is saying, "It's alright..."

PS  Clarissa - Did you ever get to the Crest??
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 02:17:58 pm by silkncense »
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 02:42:44 pm »
I chose one of Jack because he's come to represent all that is good to me in this world.  He's not  perfect, of course, but he's passionate, open, optimistic, and unafraid.  I chose this particular shot of him first because I love this shot from the movie - when he looks down on second thought rather than approach and introduce himself to Ennis when Ennis isn't ready, and second because I love the composition - I love the way the various shades of blue in the background meet the black of his hat and eyebrows and lashes and the white of his face and then come full circle with the blue of his shirt.  Makes me think of that Kenny Wayne Shepherd (ironic, ain't it?) song called "Blue on Black" ("Blue on black, tears on a river, push on a shove, it don't mean much.  Joker on jack, match on a fire, cold on ice, a deadman's touch.  Whisper on a scream doesn't change a thing, doesn't bring you back - blue on black.")
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 02:49:15 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 03:02:59 pm »
Hey Lat, try these..2 of my favorites.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 03:10:05 pm »
Hey Lat, try these..2 of my favorites.

Thanks, DeeDee! Mine too! Now I'll have to remember how to work that avatar thing ...

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 05:40:37 pm »
Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis EEnnis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennisnnis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis EnnisEnnis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis
Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis
Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis

Heathen

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 05:51:17 pm »
Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis EEnnis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennisnnis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis EnnisEnnis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis Ennis

YOu know RouxB.....yours looks an awful lot like Ennis... :laugh:

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 06:02:16 pm »
I chose this pic because I love it basically. I love the way they're intertwined and (although this doesn't have much relevance) I love how it was inspired by the picture from Titanic. I was looking for picture to go with "Youth is watsed on the Young..." and it was either this or one of them fighting (which would have reinforced how youth is wasted on the young) but I decided to go for the slightly happier picture.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 06:08:27 pm »
Well one thing: Jake! Also I think it goes with the "no one can resist the Twist" caption.

Chan: Dill is bacK! ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 06:10:40 pm »
Chan: Dill is bacK! ;D

Lol, I saw!! Woooh!!!

PS: We should so set up an account for our royalties.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!