Author Topic: What did you used to do?  (Read 9240 times)

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: What did you used to do?
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 11:18:48 pm »
It has been a long time since the last posting.  I hope this will get it going again.

I saw BBM for the first time only last April 2006, so I don't have far to go back.  Reading was a big thing for me, usually 1 book every 5 days (depending on the book), watching TV a lot (too much, actually), going to the zoo and doing general projects around the house.  My friend and neighbor said I injured my back 6 weeks ago on purpose, so I could just sit and surf the computer and watch BBM on the TV.  Some of it may be true, but I damn sure didn't injure it on purpose! He later apologized with a big hug.. :) ;D :laugh:

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 03:28:52 pm »
I used to be an arrt and arxchitecture guide at the Asian Art Museum of SF. For the next 6 months, I am only an architecture guide. Why do you suppose that is, Jack?
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 01:03:43 am »
Before Brokeback Mountain...

:)I had never even considered to join an online community
 :)I never in my life believed I could become so engrossed in a movie
 :)I hadn't seen a proper love story
 :)I read books, reviews, and articles that were not about two sheepherders who fall in love
 :)I watched movies that were not about two sheepherders who fall in love
 :)I could not figure out who Heath Ledger was, because he is like a chameleon and I still can't even believe it was the same Heath in "10 things I hate about you".
 :)I didn't think Jake Gyllenhaal was cute (I'm a fool, I know...)
 :)I had never bought a cowboy hat
 :)I had never bought cowboy boots
 :)I had never heard of Gustavo Santaolalla and now he is all over my iPod

;)

This is an absolutely wonderful answer to the question, and it fits me almost perfectly, too,  except:
   I still haven't bought boots and hat
   I don't have an iPod, but I do listen to the soundtrack obsessively.
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)