Author Topic: Troll Patrol  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Troll Patrol
« on: May 09, 2006, 10:16:16 pm »
In the event of an obvious troll either registering for or posting on BetterMost, please follow these instructions:

1) Go to the BetterMost Forums home page (http://www.bettermost.net/forum)

2) At the bottom of the page you will see who is online at the moment, with the most recently active users appearing first in the list.  Moderators are listed in red.  If you see an obvious troll register on the system, please report it by clicking on the name of at least one online moderator (two or three is even better) and send a PM (private message) informing them.  Chances are good they may see it at the same time you do, but just to be sure, report it anyway.

3) If a troll posts an offensive message, please click on the link at the bottom of the message in the lower right corner Report to moderator.  This will send an e-mail to every moderator and admin on BetterMost.  One of them should have the thread deleted within a few minutes of it appearing.  Within 20-30 minutes, if not sooner, the person posting it will be banned from the system.

4) Please do not respond to trolls, post their handles publicly, or discuss them in public messages.  We are applying the Harry Potter principle of "those who shall not be named."  Chances are your reply will be in the dust bin within moments of posting as we delete the original thread anyway.

By following these instructions, we'll keep BetterMost a warm and inviting place for all users.  Thanks for your cooperation!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 09:01:39 pm by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

vkm91941

Re: Troll Patrol
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 10:38:30 pm »
Thanks Phillip for those  very clear guidelines!  Now we are all on the same page and know how to proceed.

Offline a_r2006

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 12:38:55 pm »
cheers

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 07:42:26 pm »
Phillip,

There haven't been any invasion attempts, have there?  ???

ELJ

Jack Nasty loves you!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 08:42:38 pm »
Thanks Phillip...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 01:51:20 pm »
Fortunately, trolls don't seem to be much of a problem here, thanks to Phillip and the mods, but a friend over at LiveJournal posted this link today, so I thought I'd share it.  It's a definition of internet trolls and gives a bit of insight into their behavior, along with advice on how to deal with them:

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm
Ich bin ein Brokie...

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 01:55:49 pm »
Fortunately, trolls don't seem to be much of a problem here, thanks to Phillip and the mods, but a friend over at LiveJournal posted this link today, so I thought I'd share it.  It's a definition of internet trolls and gives a bit of insight into their behavior, along with advice on how to deal with them:

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

Hmmm...thanks Meryl!