Author Topic: Backstage: Ang Lee shell shocked (The Hollywood Reporter)  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Backstage: Ang Lee shell shocked (The Hollywood Reporter)
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:45:51 pm »
Not winning the Oscar for best picture left best director winner Ang Lee shell shocked. "I was backstage enjoying the buildup I was familiar with: the writers (winning), then me (winning)," he said. "It was a surprise, frankly. But congratulations to the 'Crash' filmmakers." He was equally disappointed that "Brokeback" actor Heath Ledger didn't win. "I think his performance is outstanding, and in film history, it will be something that will be remembered. It's not only remarkable but a miracle. A lot of people told me he reminds them of a young Brando." Lee became the first Asian filmmaker to win the best director award, and he said that the statue will not be part-American/part-Asian but all filmmaker. "Oscar is for filmmakers. I'm going to share it with people of any color, any background, as long as they do a great job." He said that as far as Asian directors go, his family was into John Woo because they thought Lee made "boring" films. But "they are proud now," he said. Lee also revealed that "Brokeback" has been rated PG in Asian countries as opposed to the U.S., where it is rated R.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002116357
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming