Author Topic: Heath & Michelle: Is it true this time?  (Read 12454 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath & Michelle: Is it true this time?
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2007, 02:06:09 pm »
I personally believe they are married. They took out a marriage license late last year and we have the photos of Heath with a wedding ring.

And I am also holding fast to the thought that they will be able to work things out. Yes, the romance was fast. Yes, they had a baby very quickly. That makes me think that there is a true love there and they will be able to "kiss and make up."

So call me a romantic optimist, I am hoping they get back together.

L

Aww, Leslie, I love that romantic, optimistic side of yours. And I hope you're right.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 06:52:45 pm »
I hope you're right too.  God, imagine the papers posting when you and your husband have had a fight.  :(

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 10:10:13 pm »
This is indeed sad news.  I had hoped that Heath and Michelle would be the ones to defy the odds of most Hollywood relationships and have a "happily ever after" one.

I like Leslie's optimism, though.  Maybe some time apart is just what they need to realize they belong together.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 10:16:18 pm »

All beautifully said, Scott, but it does make me wonder - maybe acting IS honoring the deepest part of Heath's heart.  Maybe that creative drive IS more powerful and important to him.

And if so, I don't think that makes him a lesser man.

Before someone can honor the deepest part of their hearts, they must know what that part is.

I don't believe that the 'deep part' is necessarily a relationship for everyone... for some people, perhaps, but not everyone...

just piping in with my 2 cents!

:)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 10:20:16 pm »
Leslie, resident romantic optimist, I am just curious - can you think of any celebrity couples that were on and off again, and endured??

I can't off the top of my head, but that doesn't mean all that much lol.

Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith, maybe?  When I think of long standing couples I think of Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, and Kirk Russell and Goldie Hawn, and that's about it.

Just a random thought, but the measure of a relationship doesn't necessarily have to be the length of time the relationship endured, fwiw.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 11:52:20 pm »
 :( in spite of what I have read, I remain a hopeful romantic - maybe they just 'untied the knot', but the bond
and the love are still there??   :'(
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 08:49:36 am »
Leslie, resident romantic optimist, I am just curious - can you think of any celebrity couples that were on and off again, and endured??

I can't off the top of my head, but that doesn't mean all that much lol.

Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith, maybe?  When I think of long standing couples I think of Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, and Kirk Russell and Goldie Hawn, and that's about it.

Just a random thought, but the measure of a relationship doesn't necessarily have to be the length of time the relationship endured, fwiw.

Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward have been together for ages. Sam Shepard and Jessica Lange.

I think the couples that manage to make it work are the ones who stay out of the limelight. I think Heath and Michelle tried to do that...living in Brooklyn instead of Hollywood, for example. But they are young and certainly part of the reason someone is a "star" is because they want to be famous. And they are young and still in the fame and attention seeking mode.

I think it is a very hard job to find the proper balance.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 12:16:20 pm »
Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward have been together for ages. Sam Shepard and Jessica Lange.

Mel Brooks and the late Ann Bancroft were together for, what, a couple of decades, until Ann Bancroft died.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 12:42:06 pm »
Mel Brooks and the late Ann Bancroft were together for, what, a couple of decades, until Ann Bancroft died.

I just looked on IMDb.  From August 1964 to June 2005 (her death).  40 years and 10 months.  Wow.

We have a thread here where we talked about really long term couples (not necessarily famous).  Phillip and John are listed.  So are Pete and David.  :)  Does anyone remember where it is?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 12:45:58 pm »
I just looked on IMDb.  From August 1964 to June 2005 (her death).  40 years and 10 months.  Wow.

We have a thread here where we talked about really long term couples (not necessarily famous).  Phillip and John are listed.  So are Pete and David.  :)  Does anyone remember where it is?

I remember that conversation. I don't know if it was its own thread, though. Maybe it is hidden somewhere else...like the 1000+ posts club?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!