Author Topic: Heath & Michelle: Is it true this time?  (Read 12449 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Heath & Michelle: Is it true this time?
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 03:26:16 pm »
Sad! I just found out. I agree with Elle's comment; it's hard enough having a new relationship and baby much less being in the spotlight AND traveling too much/having too much fawning attention being directed at you. Most people have a 50-50 shot at a lasting marriage, but I'd say Hollywood couples have more like a 1 in 10 chance.

Other long-termers include Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson (17 years I think) and William H. Macy & Felicity Huffman (10 years).

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 03:57:27 pm »

My husband and I have been married for 50 years. its an up and down thing.  Some times
are perfect, and some are not.  That is to me the secret of longevity.  Just recognize that its is
always going to be something you have to work at..  Even after this long of a time.  

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 04:22:58 pm »

My husband and I have been married for 50 years. its an up and down thing.  Some times
are perfect, and some are not.  That is to me the secret of longevity.  Just recognize that its is
always going to be something you have to work at..  Even after this long of a time.  

Too many people, in and out of Hollywood, seem to be expecting "happily ever after," but life just ain't that way.  :-\

I guess you have to accept that it ain't always "happily" if you expect to have the "ever after" with the same person.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 04:31:15 pm »
Too many people, in and out of Hollywood, seem to be expecting "happily ever after," but life just ain't that way.  :-\

True.

Still, best of luck to H & M and their kiddo. 

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2007, 02:14:24 am »
http://www.nypost.com/seven/09062007/gossip/pagesix/heath_who_.htm

HEATH WHO?

September 6, 2007 -- TWO days after announcing her split with Heath Ledger, a chic Michelle Williams strutted her stuff at Park Slope watering hole Union Hall. The stunning mother of 23-month- old daughter Matilda sported super high heels for a night out with the girls Sunday. "She looked gorgeous with her sleek bob and seemed happy," said one onlooker. "She was definitely showing it off."

(includes photo)