Author Topic: TOTW 06/07: Should/could there be a sequel?  (Read 16576 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
TOTW 06/07: Should/could there be a sequel?
« on: September 03, 2007, 08:23:59 am »
Monday and it's heavily raining, everything is dark and grey outside...  :P

But hey, there was something to brighten up Mondays, now wasn't there  :) ?

We have another topic suggested by a BetterMostian, yay! Without further ado, here it is:

Should/could there be a sequel to Brokeback Mountain?

Whoops, almost shocking question, isn't it?  ;)
We know that there won't be a sequel - but what if...? Would you go and see it? Would you maybe embrace it? Or see it just out of curiosity? Or would you completely boykott it?
One and a half year have gone by since BBM; has your perception on this topic changed over the months?
And could there be a sequel to begin with? Would it work without Jack?

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: TOTW 06/07: Should/could there be a sequel?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 01:08:55 am »
I'd see anything Brokeback Mountain.  Sequel with only Ennis, no Jack.  Bring it on.  But I hate ta ask, what would it be about?   ???  Hmmmm....

Ooooh, what about a "prequel" or an "expansion" on the current movie/story?  One that showed all the missing moments we've never "seen"?

Has there ever been a movie like that?  That went back and "expanded" on a story?  Only Donnie Darko comes to mind, and to be honest, I'm not sure if that made it better or worse.  :laugh:

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 03:29:21 am »
Oh, that's an idea, Eric - not a sequel or a prequel, but a "co"quel.  A fill in the gaps during their years together.  TS3, TS4, TS16, TS 27...  :)  We could sure provide them with a list of scenarios to write scenes about.  They'd have to hurry if they were going to use the same actors.  They both look much older to me than they did in the first part of BBM.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 04:03:37 am »

I for one could never accept any other actors in those roles.  JMO

Beautiful mind

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 08:23:44 am »
The Thorn Birds did an extra one!

The hidden years or something like that.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 08:38:10 am »
I,ve always thought, before Louise wrote her original fan fic, that there should be a sequel to BBM. Ennis was only 40 years old when Jack died. That is far to young an age to be stuck in that depressing trailer. If they ever did consider it, I think that Louises original fan fic is the one to film. I,ve always said that from the word go I think. Jake would be used for the flashback scenes obviously, ie. His meeting with Justin Worrel. Just think, we,d have Heath and Hugh Jackman, on screen, togther. *SIGH*.
Hey didn,t someone on here meet Heath once and tell him about Bettermost? I can,t remember who that was now. Maybe they could point Heath in this diection? ;) In all seriousness though, I don,t know if AP would have to be consulted as Ennis and Jack are her creations. I know nothing about the legalities of this kind of thing. If it wasn,t possbile, then Heath and Hugh could still play Colson and Ellery, couldnt, they?  One of these days...................... ::) ;)

Scott6373

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 09:09:56 am »
Simple answer:  No.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 09:35:03 am »
Yep, BBM the MISSING YEARS.  What would be the missing years, I don't know.  We'd get more details of when they went to that cabin and killed an elk?? Probably not enough there even for a novel.

Well BBM didn't end like Romeo and Juliet where they are both dead. So that does leave one wondering what happens next for Ennis. Though I like to hope that he finds some happiness, I don't think I would want to see it on film.   I don't know of too many love story themed movies that have a good sequel.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 11:01:02 am »
I think the movie ended as it should.  The rest is left up to our imaginations.  I say no sequel.  Not without the living Jack for Ennis.  But IDK maybe a movie about what we didnt see on the fishing trips and huntin trips up in the big horns... that would be juicy fun.   ::)

moremojo

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 11:24:07 am »
I'd prefer no sequel. I'd be willing to go see a sequel, even with different actors, but fortunately we know we'll never have to worry about that.

I would welcome a different film adaptation of the story. Lots of folks find that blasphemous, especially when the first film is so exceptional, but I've always found the idea of different artists tackling the same material fascinating. I would actually like to see Ennis and Jack portrayed by actors who seem closer to Proulx's original vision--less glamorous and idealized, replete with buck teeth and broken nose.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 11:42:20 am »
I would actually like to see Ennis and Jack portrayed by actors who seem closer to Proulx's original vision--less glamorous and idealized, replete with buck teeth and broken nose.

Ya mean like them guys?

Those were the actors who played our boys in the play in the Netherlands this spring. The bald one played Jack, the dark one played Ennis.
The play had nothing to do with the movie, it was story only. In fact, large parts of the story were read out on stage. It was a very new, very different Brokeback experience. I needed to get used to it first, but enjoyed it a great deal.

Here's the thread with our reports of the play and the Brokie meeting:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8306.250.html

It starts with reply #257 on the page I linked. All pages before were the build-up to the event.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 11:58:00 am »
On the OP: No. I wouldn't want a sequel to BBM. Neither a prequel, a fill in or whatsoever.
I think it would lessen the impact of the short story and movie.

But to be honest: I think I would go and see it anyway. If only out of curiosity.

moremojo

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 11:59:50 am »
Yes, Chrissi, these guys come a lot closer to Annie's vision, I think (though Jack would probably be a bit shorter and less thin...not to mention the curly hair). I think the Dutch stage version of Brokeback is a great thing--not that I've seen it, of course, but precisely by its very existence offering a different interpretation/experience of the story and its themes.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 12:19:19 pm »
No. The story and the film both end just where they need to end.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 01:46:12 pm »
I would definitely not want to see different actors. Heath and Jake are Ennis and Jack plain and simple. I would not want to see Ennis with some other guy. Ennis belongs to Jack, dead or alive. A prequel would be kind of weird since Ennis and Jack did not know each other before. Expanding upon the scenes in the movie may work somewhat. I would say my answer would be no sequel unless somehow Jack was actually still alive and Ennis somehow found him. That would be the only way.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 01:56:02 pm »
I would definitely not want to see different actors. Heath and Jake are Ennis and Jack plain and simple. I would not want to see Ennis with some other guy. Ennis belongs to Jack, dead or alive. A prequel would be kind of weird since Ennis and Jack did not know each other before. Expanding upon the scenes in the movie may work somewhat. I would say my answer would be no sequel unless somehow Jack was actually still alive and Ennis somehow found him. That would be the only way.

See this was a major gripe that a LOT of people had when Louise wrote the original fan fic. Why is so inconcievable to think of Ennis with someone else? Jack is dead and Ennis has every right to try and move on and get on with his life, instead of living out the rest of his days stuck in that crappy trailer. To find out, who and what he is and what being gay is all about. This is what Louise tried so hard to do with original fan fic and a LOT of people either didn,t understand that, or were simply too pigheaded to see it. People lose people every day all over the world, and eventually some of those people find happiness with someone else. They don,t forget the person they lost, but they learn to live again. Surely Ennis has the right to do that... if someone gave him that oportunity. Now let me think.....errrrrrm, oh I know just the man, his name begins with E too.  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 02:02:37 pm by souxi »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 02:20:26 pm »
See this was a major gripe that a LOT of people had when Louise wrote the original fan fic. Why is so inconcievable to think of Ennis with someone else? Jack is dead and Ennis has every right to try and move on and get on with his life, instead of living out the rest of his days stuck in that crappy trailer. To find out, who and what he is and what being gay is all about. This is what Louise tried so hard to do with original fan fic and a LOT of people either didn,t understand that, or were simply too pigheaded to see it. People lose people every day all over the world, and eventually some of those people find happiness with someone else. They don,t forget the person they lost, but they learn to live again. Surely Ennis has the right to do that... if someone gave him that oportunity. Now let me think.....errrrrrm, oh I know just the man, his name begins with E too.  ;) ;)

This is all quite true, but for me personally it's beside the point. The point for me has always been that I feel that "moving-on Ennis" is not consistent with the character of Ennis as we know him, whether "Heath/Ennis" of the film, or the Ennis of Annie Proulx's story, who clearly has not found someone else many years after Jack's death.

Indeed, "some of those people" do "eventually" "find happiness with someone else," but others don't. That's just life.

Just my P.O.V. and not in any way intended to disparage Louise's story.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

moremojo

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 02:27:53 pm »
I tend to concur with your point of view, Jeff, though my favorite fanfic to date involves Ennis "moving on" and finding love with another man, all in a way consistent (to my mind, anyway) with the Ennis that the film presented us. It is indisputable that the short story (so much bleaker than the film in so many ways) indicates that Ennis has found no other companion several years, possibly decades after Jack's demise--here, the conclusion is almost certain that Ennis will die alone.

Offline THE WINGS

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 02:34:46 pm »
I am of two minds on this subject.  In one sense, it would be nice to see more of Ennis's life, and how he deals with all the loneliness, questions and regret as a result of not "taking the leap", and  accepting Jack's offer to set up ranch together, and thereby continuing to experience a true, long-lasting, even permanent connection with another human being.  On the other hand, the story's impact is so profound, the way Annie, and Larry and Diana left it, in the way it leaves a lot of unanswered questions for all of us to ponder.  I just don't know. (Although, I have been working on, not so much a sequel, but a "continuation" of Ennis's life, without Jack.)  To be appearing on the Fanfic Thread as soon as I am back online at home again. (Stay tuned!)

THE WINGS
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 02:45:35 pm by THE WINGS »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 02:58:31 pm »
I think part of the problem is that I have become so inured to the idea of sequel = crappy. Since the original movie was wonderful, I would be very concerned about someone desecrating its memory with a lousy sequel. BUT then I think of "The Godfather" and "The Godfather 2" and I certainly think that GF2 was as good, if not better, than the original GF.

And the GF2 gives me an idea for a sequel that might be palatable: have the central character be Bobby Twist, in his early 20s. He is gay. In the process of his own self-exploration, he seeks to learn more about his (deceased) father. Those flashbacks could give us all the tent scenes and fishing trips we could ever want/need. Eventually Bobby travels to meet Ennis, which could help Ennis put to rest his lingering self-loathing and find resolution and peace in his life. That way we could have a happy Ennis (for those of us who need a happy Ennis) but not in the arms of another man (for the purists who don't want him there).

Like Siouxi, I would love to see Taking Chances on the big screen as a movie. That's an original story now, so its context to BBM is gone. It could be a movie that stands on its own, no need for sequel, prequel or whatever.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 06:38:15 pm »
This is all quite true, but for me personally it's beside the point. The point for me has always been that I feel that "moving-on Ennis" is not consistent with the character of Ennis as we know him, whether "Heath/Ennis" of the film, or the Ennis of Annie Proulx's story, who clearly has not found someone else many years after Jack's death.

Indeed, "some of those people" do "eventually" "find happiness with someone else," but others don't. That's just life.

Just my P.O.V. and not in any way intended to disparage Louise's story.
I have to agree with Jeff in that the "moving-on Ennis" is just not consistent with they way his character was developed in the book and in the movie. Ennis was lonely for Jack even when Jack was alive. The problem was that he could not accept what completely being with Jack would entail. It just seems very out of character for Ennis to even look for or find another man in his life. I could almost see it being more likely that he would end up in another unhappy relationship with a woman. Although I certainly would not want to see a sequel where that happened. One of the main themes in the movie for me was the idea of that "once in a lifetime love."  I think Jeff hit the nail on the hand when he says that some people do eventually find happiness with someone else, but others do not. I just do not think given the way Ennis is that he would find that happiness again. I think the same would have been true for Jack if he would have lived and Ennis would have died. I don't think he would have ever been able to "quit" Ennis. This is one of the reasons why Jack is so torn. I believe he tries to find a replacement for Ennis to get over the pain and realization that he can never have the kind of life he wants to have with Ennis. The problem as I see it is that there is no replacement for Ennis for Jack. There never would be regardless of how hard Jack would ever look. Just my two cents worth. This is one of the things that makes this movie so unforgettable and so wonderful. There is so many open questions and so many possible interpretations.

Jack

Offline huntinbuddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 07:52:59 pm »
No. The story and the film both end just where they need to end.
I have to agree with JW here. 

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2007, 08:14:53 pm »
So do I huntinbuddy  :)

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2007, 08:23:46 pm »
To me, Brokeback Mountain is the story of a misfit loner that makes all the wrong moves, screws up his life and winds up with almost nothing.  At the end he's lost the love of his life,  has little left and almost nothing to lose.

That's the backstory of many classic Western heroes.

Offline shortfiction

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2007, 09:04:02 pm »
It does not need a sequel.  BBM stands alone.
"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in!"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 09:11:12 pm »
My initial response... or my response probably 6 months ago would have been that no there shouldn't be a sequel.  There is definitely a certain sanctity about the original movie the way it is.  It's a pretty near perfect film as far as I'm concerned.

But, a sequel or a "co-quel" as Elle said wouldn't necessarily detract from the beauty of the original at all.  In a way, the original will always stand alone as its own masterpiece.  And, if done well a sequel could be amazing.  And, of course I'd go and see a sequel if one were ever made.  I can imagine that to make a sequel would take some really interesting creativity.  And, a "co-quel" or a movie that fills in the gaps that we don't see in the movie (more details about J & E's relationship, etc.) would be awesome.  I know some fanfic stories have dealt with this angle of things with tons of interesting creativity.  I would prefer to see another film with Jack as well as Ennis rather than just Ennis alone,... so the co-quel concept is appealing.  Maybe it could be one of those scenarios where Jack isn't really dead but in some hospital somewhere waiting for Ennis to come find him, etc. ;)

So, at this point my answer is... I think it would be fun to see more of this story. :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 10:11:02 pm »
I would not be in favor of a sequal, but one day down the road if there was to be another version of Brokeback made, like different edition of King Kong, I would watch it, and whine about how it.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

moremojo

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 10:15:20 pm »
To me, Brokeback Mountain is the story of a misfit loner that makes all the wrong moves, screws up his life and winds up with almost nothing.  At the end he's lost the love of his life,  has little left and almost nothing to lose.

That's the backstory of many classic Western heroes.
Very apt observations. Ennis makes me think of the "beautiful loser" of the Bob Seger song.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 10:25:24 pm »
Actually, reading these comments...I could (probably) cope with a sequel, prequel, co-quel or whatever. What I could NOT cope with would be a remake. And frankly, given the way Hollywood has been going in recent years, I think we should all be afraid....be very afraid...of a remake. It is not beyond the realm of possibility. Not in the next year or so, but the next 10 years? Could happen.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 10:36:41 pm »

Oh god no...no remake, pleaseee.  I really dont want a sequel a prequel or a inbetweenqual.
 I just want it left the way it is.  I am not saying it wont be done.  I am just saying in my opinion I have no interest in it.  As bad as I would like to be the person in Groundhog Day and keep doing it until it came out right...It wont be the same if we change anything.
           It would have to be an Ang Lee and a Heath and Jake, and even in my opinion Anne Hathaway to do the roles...to make it even remotely the same.  I just dont want it!!!!  a do over. 
 JMO.

Beautiful mind

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 11:05:58 pm »
OOOOO!!!   A musical!!!!  Complete with  killer mechanics dancing with exploding tires.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 11:11:01 pm »

Well mayb.....?? NOOOOOOO... :laugh: :laugh:

Now stop that Clyde-B you silly boy.

Beautiful mind

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 11:18:47 pm »
Just be thankful I didn't mention the singing shirts.   Or Mrs. Twist's Cherry Cake song.  (They're going to have to find some guy who can spit to music.) OOOOOPS!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2007, 01:50:31 pm »
......I would prefer to see another film with Jack as well as Ennis rather than just Ennis alone,... so the co-quel concept is appealing.  Maybe it could be one of those scenarios where Jack isn't really dead but in some hospital somewhere waiting for Ennis to come find him, etc. ;)

So, at this point my answer is... I think it would be fun to see more of this story. :)

You have the same exact thoughts as me. I would not want to see any kind of movie without both Jack and Ennis in it. My scenario in my head has always been one where Jack isn't really dead. Now, the idea of him being in a hospital somewhere waiting for Ennis to find him.......I LIKE THAT  ;)  I know or have heard that there was a big debate over the "Dead Jack" thing so I don't mean to start that up again  :) I have just always thought there was something out that window at the end of the movie that Ennis needs to find....namely Jack. I sure didn't see any ashes anywhere or anything that proved Jack was dead. All I heard were Laureen's explanation and Mr. Twist's thoughts. That's not enough to prove it to me. Mrs. Twist......now she knows the real answer  ;D

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2007, 04:38:56 pm »
The more I think about it I can imagine a sequal, but it would not be Ennis, it would be us.

It would feature a lonely middle aged balding man driving in a Geo Metro 150 miles to the nearest theater showing Brokeback Mountain.

It would have two widows, both mothers of gay men, one who has died of Aids and one who has taken his life.

It would have a pimple faced 17 year old and his fag hag girlfriends who would all cry together.

It would have a straight couple married for 33 years sitting in the back in stoned silence.

There would be black folks and white folks and every shade in between, all sitting in the dark, all emerging into a world that will never be the same......

(And then they meet on line and have wonderful adventures together.)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2007, 08:11:47 pm »
   I tend to see the story as the saga of Ennis del Mar.  I wish Jack were alive, but I fear he's not, and to write it so that he was would be false to the sense of reality that gives the story it's strength.

One of the most horrific prospects any of us face is how to carry on after the one we love dies.  Should we just roll over and play dead?  As distasteful as it is, it is a future many of us face, maybe Ennis could show us how to do it.

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2007, 09:32:35 pm »
As much as I would love there to be one, I'm hesitant, because sequels oftentimes do not measure up to the original.  And it certainly would have big shoes to fill, Brokeback is one of the best movies I have ever seen, and so complex.  I could never see anyone other than Heath and Jake as Ennis and Jack in a sequel either.    :)
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2007, 01:52:47 am »
The more I think about it I can imagine a sequal, but it would not be Ennis, it would be us.

It would feature a lonely middle aged balding man driving in a Geo Metro 150 miles to the nearest theater showing Brokeback Mountain.

It would have two widows, both mothers of gay men, one who has died of Aids and one who has taken his life.

It would have a pimple faced 17 year old and his fag hag girlfriends who would all cry together.

It would have a straight couple married for 33 years sitting in the back in stoned silence.

There would be black folks and white folks and every shade in between, all sitting in the dark, all emerging into a world that will never be the same......

Truman,

that is a great idea!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline malina

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2007, 12:43:57 pm »

Yes... this is what I was thinking all along while reading this thread, but the thought just couldn't reach the coherent part of my brain. I'm glad someone else said it.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 01:20:37 pm »
Yes and No.

Yes, I'd like to see a sequel.    What happens to Ennis.  Alma jrs wedding.     Ennis goes to Lightning Flat to get Jacks ashes.    Ennis meets a new BF.

No.   I wouldn't like it if different actors played the key characters.     And you just know that Heath and Jake want to distance themselves from anything BBM related.

I'd especially like to see what happens at Junior's wedding -- deciding to go is no small step for Ennis to take since he'll have to interact with Alma at least a little and she (and probably, by extension, Monroe) is one of those people who looks at him and "knows."  And I wouldn't rule out the possibility of his either getting to carry out Jack's wishes or getting involved with someone new, heretical as some may think that.

But I just can't see anyone but Heath and Jake in those roles, and even if they were interested in doing it, it could be a minefield. The original movie wasn't just their work, it was the combined work of the director, writers, tech people and even if you could get that whole team together again there's no guarantee that lightning would strike twice.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007, 02:09:31 pm »
I'd especially like to see what happens at Junior's wedding -- deciding to go is no small step for Ennis to take since he'll have to interact with Alma at least a little and she (and probably, by extension, Monroe) is one of those people who looks at him and "knows." 

I thought the same. Well not exactly the same, since I wouldn't want a sequel at all. But if there ever were one, Junior's wedding is the thing I would want to see.

The original movie wasn't just their work, it was the combined work of the director, writers, tech people and even if you could get that whole team together again there's no guarantee that lightning would strike twice.

Absolutely right. I would even say there's no way it would strike twice. I think it has been a very, very lucky coincidence that so many talented people not only worked on it, but delivered top work (even talented people deliver bad work sometimes, but not on BBM).

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2007, 05:15:48 am »

Ooh, which one am I?  Which one are you?  ;)  :-*

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2007, 10:43:48 pm »

[Truman that is deep and so true. I know which one I am.

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline ayashae

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2007, 09:19:31 am »
I have just always thought there was something out that window at the end of the movie that Ennis needs to find....namely Jack. I sure didn't see any ashes anywhere or anything that proved Jack was dead. All I heard were Lureen's explanation and Mr. Twist's thoughts. That's not enough to prove it to me. Mrs. Twist......now she knows the real answer  ;D

I totally agree!  Jack never died, Lureen lies because she was angry and kind of ashamed that Jack eventually left her.  He just wanted to vanish because 'he didn't know how to quit' Ennis and that's what they both really needed. But after some years, he comes back to meet Ennis again, and Ennis, who's been crying his lost for years...will never let Jack go again  :)
"It gives me a deep comforting sense that things seen are temporal and things unseen are eternal"
Helen Keller

Offline Artiste

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 09:57:49 am »
Excellent! Your thought is great!!

I have been asking for BM movies!!
And want them, since this first BM movie is too hard for gay men!!

Needed is a better one still!!

Hugs!!

Offline ayashae

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2007, 04:28:45 pm »
Not only for gay men, believe me :'(  My heart is so broken...
"It gives me a deep comforting sense that things seen are temporal and things unseen are eternal"
Helen Keller

Offline Artiste

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2007, 06:32:35 pm »
Of course for gay women too, all other ladies and persons!!

I been wanting Brokeback Movie sequel for a long time... and desire it greatly!!
Especially to seek HEAVEN, two gay men, on earth... is imagined for me with another to find!!
Like Jack and Ennis could have been... in heaven on earth!!

To live life fully indeed, I yearn that with a future lover/partner!! Hugs!!

Offline ayashae

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2007, 04:59:26 pm »
OMG...I was taking a look around Youtube searching for another stuff today,and couldn't help glancing a few of my favourite scenes of the movie. Honestly, I thought I wouldn't break down this time (16 days after watching the movie), but it's happened again...inmediately   :'(

I've watched another sad movies, others touching, or beautiful, meaningful, some others I've loved (I've got a lot of favourite movies, I'm a cinema freak :)) but I've never cried so much, like a kid  :(

I wonder if it's healthy, seriously..I mean, there's nothing worse than sadness for health..I really need an advice about how I should deal with this...
Helen Keller

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2007, 06:13:30 pm »
Did anyone go see the BrokeBack Mountain done in Opera this last weekend? I read it was in NYC when I Googled Brokeback Mountain Opera. The article said it was a sell out crowd. I know its not a sequal but I would love to see it when it comes to Tampa.

TampaTalon ^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Artiste

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2007, 06:23:06 pm »
Wow!

Yes, guess we see some or too many sad movies as in BM!!

The BM opera, guess would be like a sequel?

Sequels i want!!

Any other ideas?

Hugs!!