Author Topic: Inability to Make Decisions  (Read 7213 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Inability to Make Decisions
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 04:39:56 pm »

I have the same problem as do you and Jeff.  If I am enthusiastic about a trip that I am going to make the closer the time comes for the trip the more anxiety I feel and many times I have considered calling and just canceling the whole thing.  Most of the time I don't and after I get to my destination and check into my motel or hotel room then I finally get alright.  I also have conflicted emotions about a whole lot of things not just vacations.  I really think I am just one of those people who have a really tough time trying to make decisions and that makes my life a lot more complicated if I could just say YES or NO and not maybe.

Bucky, you sound just like me. I typically do have problems with decisions in general. I tend to look too much at all the options and then get confused about which option to take. You are right saying YES or NO instead of maybe would make life a lot easier, but getting to that point is the hard part.

Jack

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 03:07:24 pm »
A great thread about a classical human issue. Undecisiveness was Hamlet's biggest problem, wasn't it?  ;)

I'm very much with Kelda here. The question is not whether I should go on a summer vacation (I must!!!) but where...
I can spend days and days reading hotel ratings on websites like holidaycheck or tripadvisor, comparing the offers of dozens of travel agencies to get the best deal and still feel uncertain about it when I finally come to book one. My husband, of course, would never undergo that whole procedure himself and is usually happy with my choice.

On the other hand, I can be very spontaneous when it comes to going on short breaks. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten to meet Brokies in New York, London, Amsterdam and the Palatinate! :)

And it's addictive! I've planned my next trip overseas already, and this time I will take the family. I just love travelling. The only thing that get's a bit worrisome is the expense factor... 

:P

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 03:47:25 pm »
A great thread about a classical human issue. Undecisiveness was Hamlet's biggest problem, wasn't it?  ;)

I'm very much with Kelda here. The question is not whether I should go on a summer vacation (I must!!!) but where...
I can spend days and days reading hotel ratings on websites like holidaycheck or tripadvisor, comparing the offers of dozens of travel agencies to get the best deal and still feel uncertain about it when I finally come to book one. My husband, of course, would never undergo that whole procedure himself and is usually happy with my choice.

And it's addictive! I've planned my next trip overseas already, and this time I will take the family. I just love travelling. The only thing that get's a bit worrisome is the expense factor... 

:P

we are like too peas in a pod Anke! I do exactly the same thing!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 06:31:01 pm »
I agree, travelling can be addictive and I believe that is even more true if you are somebody like me who didn't go anywhere much for a long time. That may have something to do with me having a hard time deciding about it. I used to say that I used to like to travel, but the problem was is that I never did. It seems that sometimes it would be a year or so and I would realize that I had not even been out of Buncombe County. I sure can't say that this year. I have decided that it is great to see new places. I think my best friend says it well when he says, "was thinking about all your travels and it is so good you get the chance to do them.  it is stuff you will think about and use for the rest of your life....go as much as you  can ...your travel is like your learning...you can't get enough.   and as long as you can afford them is great." A couple of my good friends from the forums also gave me good advice in basically saying that going somewhere and seeing somewhere is great as long as you know what to expect and know what you are getting into. I think you do learn a lot through travel and that is not all just through seeing a new place. You learn practical stuff like how to get around in a place you are not familiar with, how to deal with places like airports and all kinds of things like that. And if you happen to end up with people or a situation you are not comfortable with just change plans somewhat and get away from that situation. It's your trip so the important thing is that you make it worthwhile to yourself.