Author Topic: Singles R Us  (Read 25770 times)

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Singles R Us
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2009, 10:23:31 pm »
I agree with you delalluvia! Intimate relationships can be complicated and stressful.  I've been divorced twice, and I am not planning on tying the knot again.  I am very happy living here with just my 3 dogs and 2 cats!  I usually spend about $70-$80 on groceries per week, depending on what I'm out of that week.  Sometimes I do go over $100.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2009, 09:00:32 am »
Hi Dobie! How's the new job going?

At first when I got divorced after 20 years, I really did want to get married again. I dated and even got engaged once, and asked a couple of times. Thank goodness I had the wits about me not to go ahead with that. LOL.

Now that I've been divorced for so long, I have become very content with my life as it is. My pets and I don't have to conform to anyone else's ideals.  ;D  (One man I dated for over a year told me I needed to get rid of all but one dog---I got rid of him instead.)

Sometimes it would be nice to have a guy to go out with--to a movie or dinner, but it's not a must.  8)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Dobie1018

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2009, 09:36:37 pm »
Hi Shasta!  The job is going as well as can be expected I suppose.  I'd rather win the lottery and not have to work at all, but believe me, I'm very happy I have a job at all, after spending those 3 months out of work.  I'm still struggling, since I had to take a large pay cut to get the job, but I'm doing the best I can, trying to keep me and my pets healthy with what I've got.
Twenty years is a long time to be married Shasta.  I was married for 4 years the first time and 10 years the second time.  I hear you when you say you're content with your life as it is.  I'm the same way.  I'm like you in another way - I would not give up my animals for anyone either!  They're my family, my companions, my protection, my comfort, and  they keep me happy & healthy!   

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2009, 10:40:40 pm »
I'd rather win the lottery and not have to work at all...

LOL. Ditto!!

Did you know that I have a kitten now? A little calico--got her about 5 weeks ago. She's such a little character. And she sleeps right beside me under the cover like a dog. I love her.  :D 
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Dobie1018

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2009, 10:22:29 pm »
No I didn't know you have a calico kitten now, Shasta.  I bet she's adorable.  Both my cats are 13 years old.  One is all black with a white splotch under his chin and the other is mostly black with 4 white paws and white chest.  What's your kitten's name? 

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2010, 11:08:27 pm »
Well, since probably the end of November, I've had a personal ad up on a site for gay men.  You can put yourself up without a purpose, or you can specifiy you are there for "chat", for "sex" for "friends" or for "love".

I've put myself down for love.  I want to meet guys to date, and see if something develops. 

I wasn't sure what to expect, as I've had ads up on other sites before, and never got much of a response.

Imagine my surprise when within the first few days, I had between 8-10 responses.  I'm now in the process of trying to weed through these guys.

I thought I had a hit with the first guy I met.   We met at a local diner, and I thought we hit it off.  Conversation lasted for 2 hours, and I thought he was funny, smart and cute.  I sent him a message to talk to him again, and he never replied.

::)

Set up another date with a guy who canceled one hour before we were to meet.

got friendly with a 3rd guy, we talked A LOT over the computer.  Wanted to talk on the phone.  He was a sad-sack and a whiner.

The next guy wanted to meet just after new year's.  We got some food and went to a movie.  There was chemistry over the 'net.  I felt nothing when I was with him in person.  I believe he felt the same, as we have talked since then, but neither of us have mentioned getting together again.

two other guys want to meet next week.  They are aged 55 & 61.  I told them I would be willing to meet AS FRIENDS.  I think they are both lonely.  If they try to turn this into a romantic thing, I'll cut them off quickly.

And the search continues......

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2010, 05:35:47 am »
Well, I met Cal on myspace so don't give up hope Chuck!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2010, 11:13:03 am »

two other guys want to meet next week.  They are aged 55 & 61.  I told them I would be willing to meet AS FRIENDS.  I think they are both lonely.  If they try to turn this into a romantic thing, I'll cut them off quickly.

Why is that, Chuck? Could you elaborate?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2010, 11:26:18 am »
Why is that, Chuck? Could you elaborate?

The 55 year old, he and I don't have much in common.  Like to do different things, like different styles of music, differnet lifestyles.

The 61 year old, I'm not attracted to him.  On top of that, I know I would have a difficult time with the age difference.  He's 20 years older than me, and only 9 years younger than my dad.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2010, 11:43:24 am »
Do you not have the option for an age range in your dating profile?

My sister kept getting hit with very very young men who she didn't want.  Otherwise, your experience sounds about right, Chuck.  :P

Most people I know who do such dating have similar experiences.  A friend had great chemistry and communication via internet with this guy and he was anxious to meet her.  She finally met him and he spent the date ignoring her.

This other guy in Houston kept up a vigorous communication with my sister, until she sent him a picture and he dropped out of sight within a day.

You got to have thick skin and a lot of patience.