Author Topic: How cluttered is your home?  (Read 6888 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: How cluttered is your home?
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 07:26:10 pm »
I hate to do laundry and I hate to vacuum. 

My dirty laundry is piled up in the closet and and my clean laundry is being stored in my washer/dryer.

I wouldn't mind vacuuming with my new vacuum cleaner if the thing didn't get clogged so dang quick.  Then I have to turn it off and figure out in which of 3 places it's clogged (two places of which require me to take the thing apart to look)  >:(

Other than those two things, my place is pretty tidy.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 09:41:31 pm »

A toxic waste dump.

A radioactive  toxic waste dump.

Oh yeah, the terraces above my apartment leaked so much part of my livingroom ceiling collapsed.

Lovely.

I plan on taking everything out, either to storage or dumping--then having it fixed. Tentative finish date: before Thanksgiving 2009. (Hey, I had a stroke--it takes time to conceive, plan and order sequential  thoughts. This is not a joke!)

Nice view, though.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 10:41:44 pm »
Neat freak. I have one sitting room just for looking at !!!Ditto dining room.

I try really hard not to be so obsessive about it and will ignore things for a while.Then the stress builds up and I am up cleaning at 3,00 am.

One friend in England called my all white, carpets included, never used sitting room , God's waiting room !!!

I even struggle when the lanaii gets cluttered.In fact sometimes I have been known to get out of bed, and clean inside kitchen cupboards and reorganise the books by size. I suspect I amy have a problem,I guess it is a control thing.
So much of my life is chaos that some small measure of organisation and control is heaven.

injest

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 11:35:05 pm »
Neat freak. I have one sitting room just for looking at !!!Ditto dining room.

I try really hard not to be so obsessive about it and will ignore things for a while.Then the stress builds up and I am up cleaning at 3,00 am.

One friend in England called my all white, carpets included, never used sitting room , God's waiting room !!!

I even struggle when the lanaii gets cluttered.In fact sometimes I have been known to get out of bed, and clean inside kitchen cupboards and reorganise the books by size. I suspect I amy have a problem,I guess it is a control thing.
So much of my life is chaos that some small measure of organisation and control is heaven.

tell you what, you need some time away....why dont' you come on out to Texas for a couple of weeks??

*Jess blocking the computer screen so Fiona can't see the disaster that is her house...*

;D ;D

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 01:09:21 am »
Im probably what you would call, a duster and a sweeper of all things visible.

Now being slightly vertically challenged, that means I cant see on top of a lot of things, so they rarely get dusted.

Because our house is on the market, I have a quick routine organised for when someone was coming to inspect the house. Things put in cupboards out of sight, bed tidied up floors swept, and if time washed. We have polished floorboards, and dog that leaves a bucket of hair wherever he passes, so the floor always needs sweeping.

My inbuilt wardrobes in the two spare bedrooms are full of shit, my computer room / office has a filing system that does NOT include the filing cabinet which I bought with such keen intent, and rarely use.

My food pantry is a first in, best placed....then when the shelf space is full, everything just gets tossed on top of the other stuff.

Our wardrobe in our bedroom, is nearly empty, and most of our clothes are in three washing baskets in the spare room. When we want something to wear, I get it out of the basket, and hopefully I have folded it, and it does not need ironing.

My biggest problem is spider webs and cob webs, because I dont like spraying insecticides, and every spider in the district know that, so comes to live at our place. Unfortunately, with our house on the market, I have had to destroy a few webs around the place, but it doesnt take long before they are back again.

On the surface the place looks clean, and neat and tidy, but hidden behind cupboard doors there is an avalanche waiting to happen.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 05:30:18 am »
and whose computer room also looks like this...........???

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 07:52:11 am »
I have 4 dogs, so its hard to keep the floors really clean both kitchen and carpet.  We had the carpets cleaned for my sister and her hubby's visit.  I waited till just before they were to arrive so the carpets would look nice and clean.  It doesnt take long before our white/beige carpets get stained. 

I picked my house is moderate and I clean especially when company is coming over.  I try to keep it dusted because my backyard, once beautiful greenery, is now half sand from the dogs of course, so the dust just rolls in.  I vacuum a couple times a week.  I hate doing the kitchen floors.  It knocks me out and it doesnt take long before you cant tell its been swept and mopped.  I have to say that is my least favorite chores.

My computer desk is pretty cluttered and messy.  I cant deny that.  I try to keep a nice house.  Im far from perfect though.  Its lived in and very homey and comfy.