Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 821218 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Jack's Ramblings
« on: September 23, 2007, 12:03:12 am »
Oh wow, a place where I can post my ramblings  :)

Offline jstephens9

Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 12:09:13 am »
For some reason after seeing BBM at the Castro a line that Jack says has stuck in my mind and I don't even know why. It is when he and Ennis are talking about the Pentecost and Heath asks Jack what that means. Jack answers him in a way that seems different from any other time throughout the movie. He says, "The Pentecost, I don't know what the Pentecost means." He seems to become rather speechless and to me has a sad, confused look on his face and an unusual tone in his voice. Has anyone else noticed this? It could be that this has already been brought up somewhere, but I have no idea where it would be located  :)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 12:36:13 am »
Hey Jack, congratulations on your own Ramblings!

I hope that someone who attended the Castro event will be able to either confirm or disconfirm what you heard regarding that line. Next time I watch BBM I will listen for it as well.

It reminded of another point in the movie where I think this also occurs. In the 'Sweet Life' scene, the one line that strikes me as asynchronous is Jack's "..every four f*ng years?"  I don't know if it is the pitch or the rate at which the line is delivered, but it never meshes for me. At that part my brain always kinds of goes "whoa", because the tone (not the content) always sounds out of place to me. I wonder if anyone else experiences this?
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 04:34:51 pm »
I kind of wrote that off to his being drunk, and it always struck me funny his mother would never explain what it ment.

But in time, she did demonstrate it to Ennis, laying her hand on him, comforting him when she recognized who he was.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 10:30:26 pm »
I'm not rambling much. I need to pick this up and run with it  ;) I don't know about the rest of you, but I am still having a hard time getting used to the idea of real life, working, taking classes and all those things. I do believe SF did me better than I realized at the time. Ever since then I can't seem to get away from the forum. Have I become addicted? Well, if so, it is a good addiction. It truly is because you all are such a great group of people. Lee has made many comments about this in his blog and I must agree with his observations. San Francisco seemed like such a far away and magical place to me. I have always heard so much about it and I had this idea I would not like it. That turned out not to be true. There was this good feeling in the air that I have not felt before. I have a few regrets in that at times I was worried about things in another part of the world where someone supposed to be special to me lives. Those worries made me disappear at times mentally and physically so I could make sure I could talk to them. Looking back I should not have done that and allowed myself to get more absorbed into what was going on around me. I did to a point and a lot at some points. However, with such great people around me and being in such a great place I should have allowed myself to throw all those worries to the wind. One day I will learn I hope. I reallly do think sometimes it's hard for some of us, especially those of us from down here in the South, to realize other worlds exist. It is very true that we get taught here from a very early age how wrong we are and told the right things we should do. Beyond the someone special I think that will cause me at times to withdraw and maybe question myself and my surroundings more than I should.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 08:13:52 am »
What gets me at these get togethers is there is so much going on, so many people to talk to, so many to meet, it is overwelming. Plus when you got something going on in real life it just adds to it. And if that is not enough I am like a spong for alcohol so by 11 pm I am real to lay on the floor and go to sleep, after all it would be 2 am back home.

I love SF itself, to visit for sure, and if I won the lottery I might even could live there. It is truly a magical place.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 10:41:16 am »
You sure are right about that Truman!!! There is a lot going on, a lot of people to talk to and so many people to meet. Of course, that is a good thing too, but like you say overwhelming. I know at the BBQ it was even harder to keep up with everyone since the gathering was so large. For one thing, you have to put the screen name with the real name and the face which can be hard to do sometimes  :) The time element seemed to be ok while I was in SF, but it hit hard upon coming back home when I lost those 3 hours  :)

I agree that SF is a great place to visit and maybe it would be a great place to live. Sometimes though I think it is great living here and then having all these wonderful places to visit. After all, would they be as wonderful and magical if we actually lived in them? Anyway, I love visiting NYC too, but again I think in context it is best to have it as a place to visit. I feel pretty much the same way about SF. People ask me which city I like the best and I think that is hard to say since they are both great places, but they are different enough to where I can't compare them. Also, Denver was a nice place to visit.

Jack

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 10:59:10 am »
I am cosidering just dropping the shakestheground id alltogether. Hell everone knows my name, and since I know I got my nephew on my side now I am not so worried about my sister finding me here.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 12:17:25 pm »

Congratulations Jack.  You have come a long way baby.   I am very glad to see you have
a porch where we can all come and visit you. 
        I did enjoy the time we got to spend together in SF too..But take my advice.  Dont get the crab melt.         ;D

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 07:44:48 pm »
I thought you liked those shells Janice  ;) I think they did put them in there especially for you since whoever the other person was that got the crab melt didn't get shells. Who was that anyway? I think it might have been Richard. Maybe they were supposed to be like pearls  ;D Anyway, I will avoid the crab melt. Yes, all of you can visit my porch anytime you want.