Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 830883 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #1280 on: December 13, 2008, 03:29:38 am »
Hi there, Jack,

I'm so very sorry to hear about your Aunt Nell's death.  Thank you for sharing some of her with us.  She does indeed sound like a special woman.  I can relate to the story about singing in the car.  I have a similar sort of relationship with my own mother, and those are some of my most treasured memories.

For Aunt Nell, live from the Grand Ole Opry:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6ByJf91jYo[/youtube]

Lynne, I will give you a call tomorrow, is that ok? Thank you so much for sending this. Yes, this is Harper Valley PTA in its original  :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1281 on: December 13, 2008, 03:31:03 am »
sorry to hear about your aunt nell. but it sounds like she had the perfect send off.

Thank you Kelda!!! I really appreciate you sending something. My cousin from Scotland!!!!!!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1282 on: December 13, 2008, 03:34:14 am »
So sorry to hear about your loss Jack.
(((Jack))) :-*

She sounds like a character. A good one for that.

Thank you Chrissi............always my strong shoulder to cry on..........you are truly very special to me and I think you know that or at least you should. Like in Denver, who did I come to? You!!! There is nobody else I would go to cause I always know that you understand anything.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1283 on: December 13, 2008, 03:39:13 am »
Hi Jack!! I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt!! I haven't been keeping up with your blog and it's my bad. :(

(((JACK)))

:-* :-*

No it is not bad of you David........I know it is hard to keep up with everything. Look at me, just now getting back to people who cared enough to write. That is a bad on me. Like I just said to someone else, it still amazes me how special so many people on here really are. Sometimes I feel like I don't have any friends here and quite truthfully that is probably because I really don't seek friends out here. This is kind of where I live and work, but my friends are all over the country.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1284 on: December 13, 2008, 03:50:48 am »
No it is not bad of you David........I know it is hard to keep up with everything. Look at me, just now getting back to people who cared enough to write. That is a bad on me. Like I just said to someone else, it still amazes me how special so many people on here really are. Sometimes I feel like I don't have any friends here and quite truthfully that is probably because I really don't seek friends out here. This is kind of where I live and work, but my friends are all over the country.

Not a bad on you either Jack! We have a lot of friends here, and THANK GOD FOR IT!! :-*

You are loved Jack!! I hope you have a Merry Christmas sweetie!!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1285 on: December 13, 2008, 03:53:14 am »
Hey Jack! Have you read the reviews about the new Canon G10?

I don't know. What do you think? Are you gonna buy it? It really isn't much different from the G9, but then again, I'm a complete sucker for the G series. I don't know WHAT to do!! ???

Hey David! I don't know about the G10 yet. I have not read the reviews, but I probably don't need another camera. I just barely know the capabilities of the G9. However, I do love it. When I was in Los Angeles I stumbled upon a group playing at Pershing Square, actually right after the earthquake, and I wanted to record some of them. At first I thought I wished that I would have brought along my Sony Handycam, but then I realized the G9 could do that and it did do it as well or better than the Handycam. So in LA that is the only thing I ended up carrying around. And by the way if everyone does not know by now, I did love LA despite all the bad things I heard about it before going there, especially the downtown  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1286 on: December 13, 2008, 03:54:29 am »
Not a bad on you either Jack! We have a lot of friends here, and THANK GOD FOR IT!! :-*

You are loved Jack!! I hope you have a Merry Christmas sweetie!!

You too David, no doubt about it. Have you got a big Christmas planned?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1287 on: December 13, 2008, 04:00:47 am »
You too David, no doubt about it. Have you got a big Christmas planned?

No. Not really. But there's still some time. I'm a gay man and I can put a party together in a quick second. I'll figure something out. I hope you do too Jack! :D :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1288 on: December 13, 2008, 04:04:09 am »
Hey David! I don't know about the G10 yet. I have not read the reviews, but I probably don't need another camera. I just barely know the capabilities of the G9. However, I do love it. When I was in Los Angeles I stumbled upon a group playing at Pershing Square, actually right after the earthquake, and I wanted to record some of them. At first I thought I wished that I would have brought along my Sony Handycam, but then I realized the G9 could do that and it did do it as well or better than the Handycam. So in LA that is the only thing I ended up carrying around. And by the way if everyone does not know by now, I did love LA despite all the bad things I heard about it before going there, especially the downtown  ;D

The G9 does an excellent job with video! I found that out last summer when I filmed the fireworks show on the Forth of July. I couldn't believe it. I even copied and pasted some frames from the video and it looked like a regular photograph. :D

The G9 is an awesome camera!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1289 on: December 13, 2008, 04:12:35 am »