Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 828544 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #1400 on: January 21, 2009, 04:13:02 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #1401 on: January 21, 2009, 04:25:44 pm »
I bring party music

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1402 on: January 24, 2009, 01:36:31 am »
I need to be looking in my own back yard it seems  ;D It seems I have a lot more going on here than I realized  :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1403 on: January 24, 2009, 01:58:30 am »
Will you be joining us tomorrow in the movie chat room when we watch Prayers For Bobby, Jack? It comes on at 9:00 pm (our time.. eastern) on Lifetime. :)

Jess said she will be there. I will too.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1404 on: January 24, 2009, 02:00:06 am »
Will you be joining us tomorrow in the movie chat room when we watch Prayers For Bobby, Jack? It comes on at 9:00 pm (our time.. eastern) on Lifetime. :)

Jess said she will be there. I will too.

Yes, I can do that  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1405 on: January 24, 2009, 02:01:55 am »
Julia Louis Dreyfus is on Conan right now.........she is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1406 on: January 24, 2009, 02:26:06 am »
I love Latin music as many of you know so I guess it is no surprise that youtube decided that this song by Axe Bahia would be a good recommendation. When I was in Los Angeles I went into a CD store down on Broadway (7th street). They led me to the english section, but I thought why would I come into this store and buy a CD by Metallica. So I looked at the Latin section and found a CD by Axe Bahia that I didn't have so I bought it. That night or one of the nights shortly after that I went down to the Bonaventure Brewing Company which was at the hotel and had a few Long Island Teas. When I got back to the room I put on my new CD, after all they had a CD player with multiple speakers throughout the room. In just a little while the phone rang and I thought "Oh no, the front desk, someone is complaining." I turned it down or off and did not answer the phone. Oh well, here I am in my 30th floor 3 room suite overlooking the LA skyline and I can't even listen to music  :( , but of course it was a wonderful hotel with a wonderful view. My whole love of Los Angeles is centered around this hotel and this area so I am not complaining. Of course, when I joined the Brokies in West Hollywood I was of course with the "party crew" and there you couldn't even sneeze without the front desk people saying they were calling the police. Seriously, I am not joking. The Ramada is a dump and I would not recommend West Hollywood as a place to stay anyway. Downtown is so much better, so much more to see, unless you are into coffee shops on every corner with look alike, stuck up guys walking around. Yuck. Anyway, here is a song by Axe Bahia:

&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1407 on: January 24, 2009, 02:30:46 am »
Something about Axe Bahia just makes you think it is time for a party or maybe a drink of Tekila.........hey maybe that is why the phone rang  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1408 on: January 24, 2009, 02:39:54 am »
I can't leave Axe Bahia without playing the song that I first heard and saw by them on the show "Caliente" hosted by Rafa. I have no idea why this group had never made it to the USA. Shakira did. Do we have any Brokies from Brazil?

Offline ZK

« Reply #1409 on: January 24, 2009, 03:19:53 am »
Heya Jack

Did you say party??

[youtube=425,350]http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=9vbV5WSkr54&feature=related[/youtube]
I am sure you either have a cd or heard of this guy Alejandro Sanz.  Latin music is unfortunately not too popular down this neck of the woods, so  my first introduction to this genre of music was when I visited naturally enough Latin America. I first heard the Sanz in a small restaurant in a town called Flores in Guatemala. Flores is a small island in a lake, its has cobbled stone streets and brightly coloured buidlings. I  stayed there as its a jumping off point to visit the Mayan ruins of Tikal

Tikal:

Recognise this from Star Wars

I remember when I purchased the cd in Canada and I asked the guy if he knew of Alejandro Sanz he gave me the look as if "are you kidding me"  ;D. Oh and by the way I like Tequilla minus the worm ;)