Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 828288 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #1430 on: February 05, 2009, 01:40:01 am »
I'm listening to songs I have not heard in years cause even though I had a turntable it was a major pain having to get up after each one and change it. The problem I have with the adapters is damn some of these records are old. I just put one in that I got from somewhere, my grandmother, aunt or whoever and it is old. It is by Loretta Lynn and Ernest Tubb so I was afraid it might break with trying to put that adapter in.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1431 on: February 05, 2009, 01:43:50 am »
ok I am so jealous! playing 45s are not near as fun if you have to change them out every song! I still have hundreds of them.

I have about 6,000 cause I used to collect them when they were new and then I would go and get them at flea markets. I got about 2,000 of them at a store that was wanting to sell the whole lot. I was a 45 fanatic. I still miss singles. I wish they had a way to still produce them. It is a pain having to by a whole album or cd for one song.

injest

« Reply #1432 on: February 05, 2009, 01:46:25 am »
I used to have a little adapter that would fit over the pole so you didn't have to put the adapters on each individual record.

and yeah, I miss records too. to me they sound better. I like the little pops and sounds they made..

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1433 on: February 05, 2009, 01:53:42 am »
I used to have a little adapter that would fit over the pole so you didn't have to put the adapters on each individual record.

and yeah, I miss records too. to me they sound better. I like the little pops and sounds they made..

A lot of people miss those little pops and sounds Jess. That actually is the true sound. The true high fidelty people will tell you that the vinyl analog record is the truest sound. The digital sound is not. According to them, a CD is only a recording of the true sound, but not the true sound. I'm listening to the old original song "Ones On The Way" by Loretta Lynn and it sounds great.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1434 on: February 05, 2009, 01:57:50 am »
The word is that vinyl, what we call records, is making a major comeback. Sales are way up and modern recording artists are now making vinyl records because the sound is more true. Now "Keep It Comin' Love" is playing and truly it does sound better than digital recordings that have been made of it since. Course I was in my prime then too or very close to it. I remember it playing anyway.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1435 on: February 05, 2009, 02:03:42 am »
Yeah I looked up the year of that song............1979. That would have been my prime........didn't matter much about anything then except your age.......you were called a chicken. And damn all the turkeys were after you......lol

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1436 on: February 05, 2009, 02:28:19 am »
Hey, those adapters are in a pain the you know what. But it is playing my favorite song of all time so all works out fine.

injest

« Reply #1437 on: February 05, 2009, 08:27:30 am »
A lot of people miss those little pops and sounds Jess. That actually is the true sound. The true high fidelty people will tell you that the vinyl analog record is the truest sound. The digital sound is not. According to them, a CD is only a recording of the true sound, but not the true sound. I'm listening to the old original song "Ones On The Way" by Loretta Lynn and it sounds great.

to me records had a much 'warmer' real feeling, CDs are clear and all but sound cold. (and yeah I know those are not technical terms but the best I know how to describe them)

injest

« Reply #1438 on: February 05, 2009, 08:28:38 am »
Hey, those adapters are in a pain the you know what. But it is playing my favorite song of all time so all works out fine.

and you aren't gonna tell us what that is or did I miss it??

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1439 on: February 05, 2009, 04:28:43 pm »
Hey Jack!

I have a whole bunch of those 45 singles.

lol.   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!