Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 821471 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #1680 on: July 21, 2009, 11:16:54 am »
Anyway, it is off for the interview in a few minutes, and I am nervous.......very nervous. Oh well, it could be something worse I was doing  ;)

Good thing you posted this. So I'm sending you good vibes and and keep my fingers crossed from now on. Good luck!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1681 on: July 21, 2009, 11:26:18 am »
EDelMar and I were traveling south on Highway 287 ("Jack's Highway") from Laramie to Colorado when we saw something unusual--a passenger train going north. Now, we are accustomed to seeing 100-plus car coal trains on that track but not a passenger train! I later learned from Eric that it is the California Zephyr bound for Salt Lake City! Maybe soon you'll be on that train, friend!!

I'm taking the Zephyr the other direction, eastbound. Eric told me there was a period this summer when the Zephyr was detoured through Wyoming, but by the time I leave California, August 10, it's supposed to be back on its usual route, from Salt Lake through Grand Junction to Denver.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1682 on: July 21, 2009, 12:23:56 pm »
good luck!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1683 on: July 21, 2009, 12:49:08 pm »
EDelMar and I were traveling south on Highway 287 ("Jack's Highway") from Laramie to Colorado when we saw something unusual--a passenger train going north. Now, we are accustomed to seeing 100-plus car coal trains on that track but not a passenger train! I later learned from Eric that it is the California Zephyr bound for Salt Lake City! Maybe soon you'll be on that train, friend!!

You mean better than an interview  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1684 on: July 21, 2009, 02:03:15 pm »
Sorry Lee...I thought you meant me as far as being on a train  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1685 on: July 21, 2009, 02:04:47 pm »
Where all are you going to go in California Jeff? California is a wonderful state in my opinion!!! And I haven't even seen but a little bit of it........Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1686 on: July 21, 2009, 02:19:11 pm »
Well the interview went ok I guess. Part of it was being questioned and the other part was a hands on test and a written test. That is the first interview I have ever been on that included a test. I had to make a patch cable, set up a printer to be networked, then network the printer, share the printer as a printer server, etc. plus answer a bunch of questions on a written test of what I would do if I were asked such and such. I think I did ok except for making the patch cable. That is just not something I do. That is all for an entry level position which seems kind of odd since I have been working in this field for so long. But of course there are no jobs so it is surprising that even that one exists. The tie turned out to not be a necessity apparently since of the 5 people who interviewed me only 1 had one on. I am very glad I didn't go as far as a suit since I already felt a bit overdressed. Basically it was a jeans/tshirt environment as are many of the information technology type jobs. I think I even saw people in shorts, but this is not strange for IT people.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1687 on: July 21, 2009, 02:28:52 pm »
Where all are you going to go in California Jeff? California is a wonderful state in my opinion!!! And I haven't even seen but a little bit of it........Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Just San Francisco--and what I can see first coming down from Seattle on the train, then what I can see of the Sierras heading east on the train.

I'm glad the interview went well.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1688 on: July 21, 2009, 02:41:50 pm »
Just San Francisco--and what I can see first coming down from Seattle on the train, then what I can see of the Sierras heading east on the train.

I'm glad the interview went well.  :)

I would say that means you will see a lot of California such as where the giant redwoods grow. That sounds like a terrific trip. Seattle, Portland, and northern California are all places I would like to plan a trip too. Maybe next summer. Are you going to stay over in Seattle and San Francisco? I may have to find out more about that train trip. That would be a great way to go, but I assume it takes a lot of time. Is that correct?

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1689 on: July 21, 2009, 03:43:26 pm »
This is my 4,000th post!!! I never thought I would ever have this many posts when I first joined Bettermost. Should I celebrate or feel bad that I have spent this much time on here  ;D