Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 828707 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #1700 on: July 26, 2009, 01:15:13 am »
Yes, such as Rodney, Peter, Offline Chuck, Adam, and me. Maybe we could recreate the Alliance in 2010 or 2011.

I agree with you Lee!!!!! Why not? I think the "4 f"n years" reunion in Alberta makes sense. There are many people who could not make it this year. Throw in Eric, Chris, Mike, Teresa, me, and others and what do we have........a gathering. And if we work hard enough I bet Jeff would come too. Believe me I really wanted to see the sites from the movie in Alberta and it just didn't work out this year. The unfortunate events that happened to Mike and Chris this year are a lot. They were looking so forward to this trip and although they encouraged me beyond belief to go I did not want to go without them. Our plans were closely tied together because we planned it in advance. Although I am a bit of a loner, my friendships with those I make are very tight. That is not to say that the people who were going are not important to me. They are. It is only to say that I made my plans with two people who were not able to go because of tragic family events. My plans for everything was around them and my decision was to not go on this trip. And again, if I have not said it enough, please keep Mike and Chris and in your thoughts. They are very special people who are going through a very hard time.

Thanks,

Jack 

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1701 on: July 26, 2009, 01:55:48 am »
Often things seems to follow the rule of high school, you have the popular crowd and the unpopular crowd. If we were on "Big Brother" we would have more than two groups, but on here there are only two. On here I always seem to remain on the unpopular side and that is fine by me. Nobody here knows who is popular or unpopular anyway. We have the people who want to express their gayness and those who don't. I always end up in the middle because I feel that people should be who they are, but at the same time not expect everyone to be like them. We have the super macho Milo/Brad and we have then we have people like Michael. I have never met Milo or Brad, but I have met Michael and he is a super guy. My partner is a fireman who would help Michael, Milo, or Brad out of a situation where they were being discriminated against for being gay, straight acting, or straight regardless. That there has brought me to a position of something I understand. We are after all all people trying to make it in this world.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1702 on: July 26, 2009, 02:26:26 am »
I'm not sure how this all came to pass, but these dreams and this person many of you have heard me talk about is here. It has been since November 25, 2000 since we first talked and it never ended. I had to come on and tell all of you that beyond my wildest dreams and on my birthday my guy is here. In my last email he said he was here, but I did not really believe it. I have received the most wonderful birthday gift in the world. I have to go cause he is wondering what in the hell I am doing  ;)

pnwDUDE

« Reply #1703 on: July 26, 2009, 03:36:59 am »
I might be a day off, but Happy Birthday Jack. You're a good guy and deserve the very best.

Brad

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1704 on: July 26, 2009, 09:48:41 am »
Jack.. lovely that your boy is here.. hope you are enjoying yourself!!!

And as for your other messages, you seem to be in thoughtful unhappy mode... I hope the boy has pulled you out of that.

And lets be very clear - in my mind and I know many others - you are very very popular and fun guy to have about!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1705 on: July 28, 2009, 09:36:36 am »
I might be a day off, but Happy Birthday Jack. You're a good guy and deserve the very best.

Brad

Thank you Brad. I appreciate the wish and the comments. And it is fine if you are a day off.

Jack

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1706 on: July 28, 2009, 09:53:05 am »
Jack.. lovely that your boy is here.. hope you are enjoying yourself!!!

And as for your other messages, you seem to be in thoughtful unhappy mode... I hope the boy has pulled you out of that.

And lets be very clear - in my mind and I know many others - you are very very popular and fun guy to have about!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Thanks Kelda and yes he did pull me out of my kind of unhappy mode which you obviously picked up. I think I was down in the dumps about the whole Alberta deal. I felt all along that I did really poor planning for that trip. Usually I think I do well in that department, but not this time. About the only thing I did right is getting my passport which of course I didn't use anyway. It seemed that the trip was always somewhat up in air for me and I never really took charge with my plans. That was nobody's fault but my own. The other trips I took, to Chicago and New York, basically worked like magic since I did excellent planning there. I stayed very busy in both trying to see all the things I wanted to see, but of course I still didn't see everything. I would plan more time for Chicago than I did, but basically all was fine. I have found that it is truly best to count the day of your flight as a missed day on a trip since by the time you get somewhere you are tired or have had flight delays. Plus the check in time at hotels is always late. I do know now that not arriving until the 27th for Alberta would have been a bad idea which I did not consider that much at first. I think the best advice is to arrive at the beginning of something like that or don't go. Anyway I am fine with things now since the date when I was supposed to arrive has passed. I still plan to take this coming Friday and next Monday and Tuesday off to basically do nothing. Plus I have a possible trip to L.A. in September/October in the works. Next year I would like to plan a trip to either Boston or Seattle or both along with some other things I will do.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1707 on: July 28, 2009, 10:16:33 am »
your possible trips ahead sound fun!

hey and if nothing else your 'bad planing' here will mean you wont go doen the same bad planing route next time!!

:D

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1708 on: July 28, 2009, 01:06:21 pm »
your possible trips ahead sound fun!

hey and if nothing else your 'bad planing' here will mean you wont go doen the same bad planing route next time!!

:D

Yeah and who knows I might enjoy these trips more. I kind of look at things as happening the way they were meant to happen. Plus as you say I learned something more about planning and avoiding making the same mistakes again. I actually consider myself a good planner basically. I think I have done really well especially in the trips I have planned and taken by myself. I have always had my plane booked, hotel reserved, and my plans of how to get from the airport to the hotel. I have also done research on the area I am going to stay in as well as the city I am visiting so that I at least have an idea of where I am going to be. A lot of times getting involved with a group throws me off some. By the way, from looking at your New York trip, you are also a very good planner.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1709 on: July 28, 2009, 01:42:19 pm »
Yeah and who knows I might enjoy these trips more. I kind of look at things as happening the way they were meant to happen. Plus as you say I learned something more about planning and avoiding making the same mistakes again. I actually consider myself a good planner basically. I think I have done really well especially in the trips I have planned and taken by myself. I have always had my plane booked, hotel reserved, and my plans of how to get from the airport to the hotel. I have also done research on the area I am going to stay in as well as the city I am visiting so that I at least have an idea of where I am going to be. A lot of times getting involved with a group throws me off some. By the way, from looking at your New York trip, you are also a very good planner.

Us Shelton's like to plan trips!!