BetterMost Community Blogs > Jack's Ramblings

Jack's Ramblings

<< < (368/368)

CellarDweller:
Hiya Jack!  I'm glad you came back to post!   Looking forward to reading more.

Yes, you posted right!!  ;)

Yes, the light at the end of the tunnel seems very faint!  I'm hoping that 2021 brings us all positive things.  I'm ready to bid a not so fond adieu to 2020.

Penthesilea:
Heya, Jack! Good to see you here. :D

--- Quote ---"It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel."
--- End quote ---

Since everyone seems to see it this way, I'd like to offer a slightly different perspective.
I'm so totally 100% positive about the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know why, but I always see the bigger picture in regard to Covid-19 without even trying. Mankind has survived pandemics before, mankind has suffered (and still suffers) from horrible wars, their aftermaths, from hunger, etc., etc.

Humans are survivors. Mankind has survived things worse than Corona, mankind right now fights things worse than Corona.
As to our convenient, luxury, Western lifestyle: it may take a blow, it already has. There are many things we can not do now. But in the end, the pandemic will outrun itself, the economy will sooner or later recover, and we (as in we rich people, compared to the rest of the world) will still be richer and in a better position than many other humans sharing our planet.

I do know that the pandemic is worse for you in the US, and that your social and economical status quo is far less safe than in my country. Thus, I understand that for you times are more frightening than they are for me. The fact stays the same however: pandemics run themselves out. We will make it through.

The really scary part for me is the question whether everyone in my family stays safe. But there's not only Corona to worry about: there's cancer, heart-attacks, accidents, strokes, what have you not. If you think too long or too often about stuff like that, you go stir crazy. So I put it all aside most of the time and enjoy life. Light at the end of the tunnel? - you bet!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version